Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1951139)   #1
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TWMC Goodwood yesterday

Just a quick note to say thanks to the officials and marshals yesterday at Goodwood - you had lots to deal with and I can't imagine worse conditions to do it in.

It was very well run despite the weather and you all did a great job. Thanks from me (CRX no 40).

By the way: If ANY competitor doesn't personally thank the officials at the end of the day (especially when they've been stood in the driving rain all day), they deserve a good slap!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1951787)   #2
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh thank you kind sir!
You were a joy to watch, your car seemed to work very well in the damp conditions.
What do you think of the two lap set up?
From our point of view it's better to watch than the one lap events.
I was one of the marshals at Woodcote. (Super Shell building)
And just to let you know the main prize in the marshals draw went to someone who is a competitor that was out marshalling for the first time, so if not driving you can still be a winner!
Old 2 Jul 2007, 09:30 (Ref:1952098)   #3
Chris_w
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
Chris_w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yes, thanks again to all the marshals, was a foul day to be out there, at least we drivers could hide in the luxury of the covered paddock area!

2 lap format is great, good chance to get into a rhythm, and, on Saturday, have a better second lap after you've found all the standing water on the first!

Thanks again,

Chris (and Richard), Orange mini 35/351
Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:11 (Ref:1952128)   #4
blacky
Rookie

blacky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank all the marshalls and officals as well, especially those that were at the corner where I went off and landed upside down! Everyone was very professional.

if anyone has any pics or especially video footage I would be keen to see it, so see how it all went wrong.

My car was the Blue Impreza No 25.

Thanks

Last edited by blacky; 2 Jul 2007 at 10:13.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:43 (Ref:1952158)   #5
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the two lap setup, Goodwood is a fantastic circuit and the chance to do more laps is always welcome. If I have a criticism then it's perhaps that two laps does cause a lot of reruns, but that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Blacky: Hope you were ok - I was going to come and ask you but you seemed to have a lot of gawpers round you so I left them to it!
Old 2 Jul 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1952200)   #6
blacky
Rookie

blacky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also enjoyed the 2 lap set-up, until i went off that is!

I am fine thanks Jamie. Just the car thats in a mess. It felt a tad weird picking up a trophy after binning it!
Old 2 Jul 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1952206)   #7
Chris_w
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
Chris_w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember so many reruns when we did the two lap format last year in the dry - I think the conditions on Saturday were a large factor in this as it caused a lot of spinners but also it was very hard for the organisers to judge the relative speeds of the cars in the conditions - I was badly baulked on my first practice run by a Scimitar taking it very easy in the conditions. I imagine there were a lot of baulked cars resuling in reruns throughout the day, particularly early on.

Blacky, unlucky on your roll, could have been any of us in those conditions, a bit of a lottery, hope all gets sorted out ok.

Chris
Old 8 Jul 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1957957)   #8
Fat Controller
Rookie

United Kingdom
A race track near Canterbury, Kent
Fat Controller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TWMC at Goodwood

I'm glad people enjoyed the day, despite the rain - I don't think I've ever seen it so wet there! The two lap format was new to us, and we are happy that most drivers liked it, especially as the first lap could be used as a (rather quick!) sighting lap. Having said that, I did a quick inspection of the track just before we re-commenced after lunch, and although there was water on the track, it didn't seem to be torrential flooding.

We did try to accomodate re-reuns for baulked drivers - we even had a baulking of two cars on the very last scheduled run of three cars! Presumably if it had been dry, the baulking drivers would have been "at lot quicker that that!"

I would also like to add my thanks to all the marshals (and officials/track staff) that helped us on the day - you were much appreciated by the Clerks team, especially reporting incidents and then handling them afterward.

TWMC have their next sprint at Brands Hatch on 8th September - if anyone would like to marshal that event, please contact the SEMSEC Chief Marshal, Adrian Dawkins, on 01304 823962, or at KathandAde@aol.com.

Stay safe.

John Baldwin
TWMC/SEMSEC Clerk of the Course