Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2001, 17:20 (Ref:140678)   #1
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fizze vs Trulli vs Kimi!!

Very impressed with Fizze at Spa,and he seemed quite confident at the press conference,more confidence more success,don`t believe it,check out Mika.

Trulli is a qualifing dangerman,but still unknown if you ask me.

Kimi overtook Jacques at Spa,he is the rookie of the year in my view.
And shows non stop maturity for any age.

My question is...who will take WDC first and why.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 18:06 (Ref:140693)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think they are all equally talented. As for who will win first... Well, Fisi is going back to Jordan, and if he stays there, he won't be WDC anytime soon. Trulli at Renault, however, may be a threat in a year or two (assuming Ferrari and MS don't continue their current dominant form).

As for Raikonnen, well, that depends where he ends up. If he ends up at Ferrari, then as long as Michael is there (and Weber is now saying he might drive into his 40's), Kimi won't win. If he ends up with a strong non-Ferrari drive, or if Michael retires, then I see him as the earliest of the three to get a WDC.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 19:01 (Ref:140723)   #3
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. That kid has so much upside, it's sick. Just imagine how good he'll be with a couple of years under his belt.

Fisi may may some races/podiums at Jordan but I don't he'll ever be WDC. Jordan even with Honda input, will not produce a car capable of winning the championship any time soon.

Trulli. If the championship was based on a series of qualifiyers then race. But that guy can't race to save his life.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 19:11 (Ref:140729)   #4
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i think trulli will be the first to be WDC so too all u doubters!!!!!
Old 3 Sep 2001, 19:35 (Ref:140740)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are all talented, in fact I'm convinced that Fisichella could have been WDC by now if only he'd had a decent drive.

But the car is everything and Raikkonen may be the first to find himself ina really top drive. I would rate Trulli's chances next, but it will depend as much on how well Renault finds the winning way again.
Poor Fisi may be slated for obscurity unless Honda pull it all together.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 19:48 (Ref:140745)   #6
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the future is bright you have Montoya and his outright pace and bravery, Raikonenn's speed and skill, schumi's confidence and tactical abilities, Trulli's qualifying pace and hopefully race pace soon, fisichella's experiance and car control and finally heidfeld's speed and maturity...you have like 6 great talents the wave has hit!!!

it will never surpass the late seventies Villeneuve, Piquet, Hunt, Lauda, reutmann, pirioni, andretti, scheckter, jones, patrese etc.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 20:00 (Ref:140757)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'd say Kimi. Even though he's the youngest and the least experienced, he has a tremendous amount of natural ability and he seems to be more likely to get into a car to match his ability before Trulli or Fisichella do. Trulli is heading off to Renault, which might be good in the long term but he won't see any results for quite some time. And if Jordan and Honda don't get their act together, Fisichella will be lucky to see any wins in the next 3 seasons. Whereas Kimi has been linked to both Ferrari and McLaren, and as soon as he gets in one of those cars he will be winning.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 00:10 (Ref:140917)   #8
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Trulli. If the championship was based on a series of qualifiyers then race. But that guy can't race to save his life.
He passed 4 cars in the first few laps on the weekend.

I believe all three drivers are wonderful, and all three would win the WDC if they were in the right team at the right time.

Which means, who will be in the right team at the right time? I believe it will be Trulli at Renault.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 00:27 (Ref:140925)   #9
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As soon as Renault starts winning they usually dont stop with it for a long time...lol. That's why I see Trulli with the best chances for the moment.

Kimi, if he ends up in a McLaren as some rumours are assuming, could beat Jarno's chances. But I doubt that Sauber will provide him a real top car so soon.

Fisico is fast and although many people seem to understimate him because they always forget about his podium races very quickly, he can win a WDC. But at Jordan? Nope, Jordan is a good and fast upper midfield team, maby good enough to win occasionally, but I doubt that Eddie Jordan is professionally enough to win an F1 championship.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 4 Sep 2001, 09:45 (Ref:141033)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to know why JPM hasn't been added to these three names. Surely he is also a contender??? But understanding how hated he is by a majority of the forum (for reasons that I don't understand) I'm not overly surprised.

To answer the question, I agree that Fisichella would at least be a race winner by now, for sure, as he is naturally talented but has been wasted at Benetton since joining in 1998. However, if the Jordan-Honda package is good next year, then Fisichella may earn a first, and long overdure, first win.

Trulli is full of potential, and shows awesome speed, but seems to go to sleep on the Sunday race-time. It appears he drives the car, but doesn't always attack 100% of the time. Maybe it's to do with the fact that the Jordan is soooooo unreliable, such as in Belgium.

As for Kimi, this guy is a team owners dream. Young and fast, the only thing going against him at the moment is.............. I don't think joining Ferrari now is the right move, as TGF is still entrenched there. However, if he joined in 2004 in TGF's last season, and learned the ropes, then Kimi would certainly be a WDC.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 09:50 (Ref:141036)   #11
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
I want to know why JPM hasn't been added to these three names. Surely he is also a contender??? But understanding how hated he is by a majority of the forum (for reasons that I don't understand) I'm not overly surprised.

To answer the question, I agree that Fisichella would at least be a race winner by now, for sure, as he is naturally talented but has been wasted at Benetton since joining in 1998. However, if the Jordan-Honda package is good next year, then Fisichella may earn a first, and long overdure, first win.

Trulli is full of potential, and shows awesome speed, but seems to go to sleep on the Sunday race-time. It appears he drives the car, but doesn't always attack 100% of the time. Maybe it's to do with the fact that the Jordan is soooooo unreliable, such as in Belgium.

As for Kimi, this guy is a team owners dream. Young and fast, the only thing going against him at the moment is.............. I don't think joining Ferrari now is the right move, as TGF is still entrenched there. However, if he joined in 2004 in TGF's last season, and learned the ropes, then Kimi would certainly be a WDC.
Well, that saves me a post, well said F1manoz.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 23:03 (Ref:141480)   #12
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see plenty of support for Kimi,he may be the future of F1.

Fizzie may shock us at Monza,beneton usually go ok there.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 14:02 (Ref:141783)   #13
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mac

Quote:
He passed 4 cars in the first few laps on the weekend
Many times we have seen Trulli put in some great qualifyers and then lose pace during the race. Perhaps it's due to the car but I not convinced that he can race.

Where would you people rate Fernando Alonso in all of this?