Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Oct 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2325086)   #1
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
rallyxdamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duke excluded right or wrong

After watching Duke's exclusion on motorsportmad i think it was a bit unfair.
What do you think.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 22:09 (Ref:2325112)   #2
subaru man
Rookie

subaru man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the rules are the rules we dont make them if the coc says he was driveing wrong then he has to take what he is given and learn from this. it is not up to us say as we were not in at the after race meeting . i am sure he got his point across to the coc .

Last edited by subaru man; 31 Oct 2008 at 22:12.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2325117)   #3
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/60...-duke-excluded

Looks fairly clear cut to me..
Old 31 Oct 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2325140)   #4
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru man
the rules are the rules we dont make them if the coc says he was driveing wrong then he has to take what he is given and learn from this. it is not up to us say as we were not in at the after race meeting . i am sure he got his point across to the coc .
I'm only giving my opinion, not trying to change any decision. now you have given your's.Thank's for your opinion, it's all I asked for.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2325161)   #5
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ERC rules are clear. If you push and cause a spin to the car in front of you, then you are black flagged. It doesn’t matter if the “pushed” car saves the spin. You can push and shove a bit only if you are alongside the car you try to pass.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2325285)   #6
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye
The ERC rules are clear.
This is not ERC.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2325297)   #7
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxdamo
After watching Duke's exclusion on motorsportmad i think it was a bit unfair.
What do you think.
I think the COC is right on this one. It doesn't matter if its a small or big push, it was enough to send the leading car off his line to pass.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2325380)   #8
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was the correct call.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2325450)   #9
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
The reason I said it was a bit unfair is because there was other pushes which caused a lot more damage (2 stock hatches nearly or writin off)he did push but what damage was done.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2325484)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxdamo
..he did push but what damage was done.
It's not all about damage though - if he cost another car time or gained a position as a result of the move then it deserves some form of punishment. Other incidents may have been worse and gone unpunished but the clerk can only act on the information given to them - if observers don't see the incidents clearly enough to make a call then nothing can be done. It's not a 100% reliable system but everyone does their best - I don't think you can really ask for more than that, it's the way of things that some incidents will get missed.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2325488)   #11
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Other incidents may have been worse and gone unpunished but the clerk can only act on the information given to them - if observers don't see the incidents clearly enough to make a call then nothing can be done.
The other incident happened right in front of the grand stand & was even commented on by the scrutineers to me. I'm not defending what he done just looking for other people's views.

Last edited by BertMk2; 1 Nov 2008 at 19:09.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2325491)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Was any action taken? Was it viewed as a clear cut "driver A was at fault" or was it 50-50?
Old 3 Nov 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2326518)   #13
view2
Rookie

view2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
listen this man is a good driver with out doubt ,
however he did push the other man off clear and cut .
This sport needs to be cleaned up last year there was alot of damage done and I for one am with the coc on this one but not againist the duke but in general ramming is not the way forward .
their is no need for it.
Times lads is whats imprtant.
good event today but agree about the other should have ran c finals.
Go on the sponsors of the duke good stuff!!!!!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 01:04 (Ref:2326552)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm whached the thread for a bit.

Im going to remain un-biassed on this, why ? Because i wasnt there. The one thing i will say is that its difficult to judge braking points comming off rallycross 3 so this type of incident is very hard to avoid when your in the heat of things... Michael Coyne and Ben Power come to mind.

To be fair to both Mike and most of the stock hatch guys, they can drive a very clean and tight race... All it takes is for someone to brake a few feet early and someone is off.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2326711)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos
All it takes is for someone to brake a few feet early and someone is off.
Or for the guy behind to brake a few feet late.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2326951)   #16
michael duke
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
michael duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks lads for ur views on wat happened good too see wat other people think i for one didnt think i should have been disqualifed concidering wat other people got away with that day espically in b final and wat was going on behind me in the A but u can be sure if it was dermot or george that done it nothin would have been said ah well old news now so just have too keep my head down and gather as many points as possible till the end off the season and hopefully i can come out on top again thanks again and thanks view on ur comment
Old 3 Nov 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2326978)   #17
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael thats an unfair comment about an official. Any incidents that reports or complaints are recived are investigated fully with the evidence avaible on the day. Did you appeal to the stewards NO so you excepted your penalty. I think its unfair that the people who run the sport FOC for you guys can be slated for doing what the class asked for.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2327201)   #18
michael duke
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
michael duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

im not here too start trouble with anybody tom im gratefull too everybody that puts them selfs out and makes our day possible but me and u both no about the appeal tom i didnt get the chance too put one in with all that was going on and when he had made his mind up it was well too late yea im a bit touchy over it but wats done is done its old news now so no point in dragin up the past on too the future and hope its a good one