Old 3 Feb 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1216568)   #1
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stickies

stephen and other mods

as the season progresses we get a number of request threads for marshal at meetings, some get stuck, some dont. but likewise we end up with more and more stickies at the top.

is it possible that we either have just the one sticky thread at which people add to and past events can be cleared out as the date is passed or just the one sticky post that is edited by the mods as and when a request is made.

just a suggestion.

sss
Old 4 Feb 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1217173)   #2
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll agree with that!
Very good post.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1217185)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Bonjour,

I do try to keep[ an eye on the 'hot topics' and clear them as they pass their sell by date. Some are left for slightly longer because they refer to specific items that are of an ongoing interest to our readers. Where possible I try to acommodate requests for threads to become 'hot topics'. This issue tends to be an ongoing one which I and Woolly will be monitoring constantly.

The problem with having just one hot topic is that it would become embroiled with several different subjects and so very difficult to manage. Leave it with me and I will try to keep them to a minimum.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1217477)   #4
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wot's a Sticky? Is it those long brown things I fell over at Druids?
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1217479)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Get back in your box before someone realises you have escaped! See you next weekend hopefully
Old 4 Feb 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1217529)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
or hopefully not depending on how you look at it!.....how you doin anyway stu...havent seen you on here lately.....hows the old shorts situation going....beaten the orange ones yet? LOL
Old 4 Feb 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1217530)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
PM's please chaps if you wish to chat about Stoowerts shorts, this is a family forum
Old 4 Feb 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1217545)   #8
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erm, really hope this doesn't sound stupid but why not have a sub-forum specifically for date posting? Then as the dates go by they could just fall into the abyss of thread history. *Goes and hides back in her room.*
Old 5 Feb 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1218020)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well, as dates go by I remove any item that has been a stickie and so they do drop off gradually.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1222030)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
PM's please chaps if you wish to chat about Stoowerts shorts, this is a family forum
LOL....very good point steve....this is PG RATED...and the shorts he had in long beach were certainly not for family viewing...just ask silly toes!
Old 10 Feb 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1222093)   #11
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My shorts are subject to a Government Health Warning! They will be released on the good people of Los Angeles in April...My God, have I no shame?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1222095)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

i wasnt talking about the smell stoo.....i was on about the colour! HAHAHA
Old 10 Feb 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1222108)   #13
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So will we all get to see these famous shorts this year at Long Beach? Or will you keep them covered and only show them to the favoured few at your station?

(Having just been down there I can tell you if you will be at T10 those shorts may not stay orange very long -- the new concrete light standards make the short chute there a real slalom course. Appears they've put one just where the cars tend to hit at the bridge between 9 and 10.)

keke

Last edited by racerkeke; 10 Feb 2005 at 16:40.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1222262)   #14
ascarracinguk
Veteran

lol....now weve gone full circle...from stickies...to sticky brown shorts lol...