Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Dec 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2595013)   #1
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright

Does anyone know what Jason Brights plans are yet for 2010? I was disappointed to learn Fujitsu was switching teams, and I thought Jason and his team had done a solid job in the latter part of 09 with the old Gis FG. Britek always produce great looking colour schemes, but to me their 09 colour scheme was the best on the grid, by a long shot. That bright green stood out like a beacon regardless of where Jason was situated in the pack.

I know there is a link there now with Wilsons, is that set to expand?
Old 6 Dec 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2595014)   #2
dcr44S
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
dcr44S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know unfortunately he is BJR bound
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2595085)   #3
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Thanks for the info. Well thats good news for BJR, but at the same time I think the series has lost one of its most charismatic teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr44S View Post
As far as I know unfortunately he is BJR bound
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2595096)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heard him on the radio yesterday say that he has a few options but wont announce them until all is worked out what is happening with Britek - think he wants to run 2 cars again...
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2595122)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Heard him on the radio yesterday say that he has a few options
how many options can one have? BJR - maybe, KRT - doubt it, Britek - needs some serious cash. What else is there?? We know he won't be aligned with SBR, Ross confirmed that.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2595153)   #6
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could he align himself with FPR in the same way as RNR???
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:09 (Ref:2595186)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Bright's BJR deal has been done since Phillip Island, as driver of #14, sponsor still to be confirmed

The use of the #25 REC is causing more issues, but should be clearer before Christmas
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Dec 2009, 02:01 (Ref:2595209)   #8
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Bright's BJR deal has been done since Phillip Island, as driver of #14, sponsor still to be confirmed
so why the cloak and daggers? i can understand commercial-in-confidence, but in that case why can't he say "deal done, but can't tell you yet" instead of "i've got offers, still weighing them up"
Old 7 Dec 2009, 02:15 (Ref:2595217)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
so why the cloak and daggers? i can understand commercial-in-confidence, but in that case why can't he say "deal done, but can't tell you yet" instead of "i've got offers, still weighing them up"
In no particular order... the closure of PCR, the need for Britek to offload one REC, the sponsorship of Wilson Security potentially ongoing, the desire to keep one REC in Britek's name, the desire of the driver to be a paid employee, the pitching at and failure to retain Fujitsu, leaving SBR, all conspired to make this jigsaw way more complex than desirable.

Sadly there are many players in the soup, and while expectation and intent are strong, until the bits of paper have the right squiggle on the bottom confirming for real a direction, its all being juggled...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Dec 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2595224)   #10
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
In no particular order... the closure of PCR, the need for Britek to offload one REC, the sponsorship of Wilson Security potentially ongoing, the desire to keep one REC in Britek's name, the desire of the driver to be a paid employee, the pitching at and failure to retain Fujitsu, leaving SBR, all conspired to make this jigsaw way more complex than desirable.

Sadly there are many players in the soup, and while expectation and intent are strong, until the bits of paper have the right squiggle on the bottom confirming for real a direction, its all being juggled...
So Bright prefers to once again just become a paid driver? I honestly don't blame him for that. I don't think anyone has managed to juggle team ownership/driving duties successfully in this game for a long time, for obvious reasons.

Still seems a shame he can't continue to build on the momentum the team have enjoyed in the latter part of '09 into 2010, though. And Brights comments on the podium re Fujitsu made me think he wanted to continue with the current situation next season.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 01:24 (Ref:2596422)   #11
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure the team ownership was easier this year than last, without the responsibilities of building and running V8 supercars and the troublesome Fiesta rally car project.
I'm sure he would have loved to continue the momentum of the second half of this year over to next year with continuity of sponsors and equipment.
Unfortunately, he is trying to make the best of the situation he is lumped with. Any paid drive is a good drive at this time of the year, and his licences provide him with some financial security not dependent on his own success as a driver, owner or preparer.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 02:18 (Ref:2596432)   #12
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
So Bright prefers to once again just become a paid driver? I honestly don't blame him for that. I don't think anyone has managed to juggle team ownership/driving duties successfully in this game for a long time, for obvious reasons.

Still seems a shame he can't continue to build on the momentum the team have enjoyed in the latter part of '09 into 2010, though. And Brights comments on the podium re Fujitsu made me think he wanted to continue with the current situation next season.
I still hold out hope that he will surprise everyone and announce he going to stay on driving for Britek.. Maybe Ford should throw in some money they seems to be keen spending for 2010...
Old 9 Dec 2009, 05:03 (Ref:2596468)   #13
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The use of the #25 REC is causing more issues, but should be clearer before Christm.as
Mr Bright was in the WOW car yesterday doing doing drive day duties at Oran Park.........apparently

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 9 Dec 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2596617)   #14
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I still hold out hope that he will surprise everyone and announce he going to stay on driving for Britek.. Maybe Ford should throw in some money they seems to be keen spending for 2010...
Best result for both parties would have been for Bright to return to SBR, he showed both of their drivers the way round once he received the FG.

Am I correct in thinking that the relationship between Bright and SBR may have 'cooled' fairly early in the piece, certainly their was a lack of the usual public displays of admiration between driver & constructer and their was little discussion of sharing information? Granted the FG originally due for round 2 wasn't delivered until round 6 and with no development the BF was losing ground, but with things bring fairly tight at Britek maybe this wasn't such a bad thing.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2596667)   #15
HSVDT
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
HSVDT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright definately to BJR for 2010

BJR/Britek -Walkinshaw Chassis - Noonan Engines
#8 BOC - Jason Richards - VE
#14 Wilson Security - Jason Bright - VE
#333 WA Mining - Karl Reindler - VE
Old 10 Dec 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2597173)   #16
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bottom line is that bright has hamstrung his career for years either by luck (bad) or design. Jumping from one team to another, usually right when the departing team seems to be on the up (FPR, PWR, SBR-Britek). I don't count HRT as they were a top team before he got there.

I will admit i'm a Holden supporter and not a fan of Bright as i think he still makes too many mistakes (i'm not saying he's the only one - Are you listening PD?). But i will admit he does seem to be a good development driver and i would have liked to seen him stay at SBR as i think The Gizz Man and A.Davo could have benefited from his input.

That's my view, feel free to tear me apart
Old 11 Dec 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2597717)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think a lot of Bright's mistakes in the Britek cars could be attributed to frustration and desperation. He's still one of the quickest guys out there - and one of the best overtakers.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 08:22 (Ref:2597771)   #18
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
even mistakes out of britek cars
Old 14 Mar 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2651471)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Britek uses WP engines

Odd that the #8 & #14 cars use Noonan powerplants, while #21 is sticking with WP's
#CANCERSUCKS