Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Feb 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2830480)   #1
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1973 Clubman F750

Hi all, this is another thread about one of my Grandad's cars... Keith Barrington.

He owned a 1973 Clubman F750 which he used to race in the 80s in the 750mc. At last years Race Retro show it was in the auction exactly how he sold it on with his name on the side and the same tyres.

I just wondered if anyone knew who owns this car now? if it will be entered into the 750mc trophy series or racing anywhere else?

Here is one of the many adverts online about it...

http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auct...750-31043.aspx

Thanks for your help.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2830610)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
What a lovely little car!!

Looks just right.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2830640)   #3
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I do love it. Everything has been kept the same and still has the same tyres my grandad put on last which my dad said he remembers getting them from Silverstone

I would love it to be in the 750 Trophy this year.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2907595)   #4
pgr
Rookie

pgr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1973 clubman car

hi, i remember this car, my dad raced in f750 in the 70s & 80 and won many racers and was 2nd in the championship in 1975 & 76. this car was built in 1976 to 78 by bob wright, yes it took him 2 years to build it, it had some interesting ideas on it, nearly everything was adjustable bob raced it from 1978 to 82 i knew him quite well, i was just a teenager at the time.the car was the lightest in the formula weighed at the first race at the newly opened donnington in 1978, every thing was drilled to save weight even the mandortary 2x2 chassis rails, which is now know longer legal to do. it wasnt a front runner more midfield and in fact bobs previous car was quicker and more successfull, it did win a race in torrential rain at silverstone in 1982, this car was up for sale last year on the f750 forum type in f750 forum on a google search and follow the link, there is more pics with the car cleaned up and from good angles the second guy who bought it at the auction was going to race it but decided to move it on i think its gone overseas your grandad must have bought it from bob wright and it looks just as i saw it over 30 years ago a real time warp those tyres were the in thing at the time. go to the forum and look under cars for sale best regards