Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2628721)   #1
aobrien12
Rookie

aobrien12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ginetta cars (Mondello Rallycross 7/2/10)

Hello all. I was in Mondello for the rallycross today and there seemed to be alot of interest in the Ginetta G20 Junior cars so I went to have a look at them. There a lovely looking car and I was told they are going to be running a 2010 series which would be cool.
They look to be very promising and I would presume they are cheap enough to run. I was told there is a 1.4 zetec engine and its rear wheel drive.
Karting seems to be so expensive these days so I think this may be very good way to start in motorsport. Alan Byrne's son had his car there today which looked lovely too. What do you think of the cars and would you be interested in joining the series, depending on prices of course? I know I would!
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2628752)   #2
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was told they cost between 8 and 12 grand to buy and if you were to hire for a weekend it would be about 1200 euro which includes qualifying two races and half a days testing beforehand . .. .. . . .
Old 8 Feb 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2629253)   #3
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My PERSONAL View is taht this is the start of a slippery slope for Jnr Racing in Ireland, Soon you will have what we have in the UK, too many classes for too few kids.

Next it will be Jnr Rallying Guys!
Old 8 Feb 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2629273)   #4
sb3021
Rookie

sb3021 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all. I think the Ginetta G20’s are really good to drive and got to be one of the cheapest forms of racing out there. There is also a Ginetta Scholarship available for them for the 2010 season at: www.racingperfection.co.uk/Scholarship which definitely makes for a cheap season.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2629593)   #5
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

The website for the new Ginetta Junior Ireland Series is now online.

http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com

Rgds

Paul
Old 9 Feb 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2630270)   #6
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi All,

The Facebook & Twitter pages are now setup for the Ginetta Junior Ireland series.

The links to these can be found on the homepage of the website, http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com

Further information will be available shortly.

Regards

Paul Grogan
Press Officer - Ginetta Junior Ireland
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2630932)   #7
aobrien12
Rookie

aobrien12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted View Post
My PERSONAL View is taht this is the start of a slippery slope for Jnr Racing in Ireland, Soon you will have what we have in the UK, too many classes for too few kids.

Next it will be Jnr Rallying Guys!
I fully disagree. I think that there is a shortage of racing series for juniors. There is karting which alot of people can't afford and junior rallycross, where is there any racing events for juniors?

This will now have a rallycross and a racing series for juniors which is just right to have and I hope they will be a sucess.

Site looks good Paul
Old 14 Feb 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2633163)   #8
tab56
Rookie

tab56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also completely disagree with big ted and if you look at the grids for the junior classes in Britain they are full
Old 3 Mar 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2644311)   #9
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

I'd just like to update people as to where we currently are in relation to the ongoing plans for Ginetta Junior Ireland, as I appreciate news has been quiet lately!

At the moment we are just finalising the Technical and Sporting Regulations for the series and hope to have these ready to publish in the coming days.

We have the licence application form finalised and also ready for publication along with the guidelines on what is necessary to apply for your Junior Race licence.

We have finalised the 10 cars which Ginetta UK have earmarked for us. Basically they are supplying us with 10 cars to sell to potential competitors in the series. All of these cars are in excellent Ready-to-Race condition. At the very most some of them simply need a fresh coat of paint, but there is absolutely no body damage on any of the cars what so ever. If anyone is interested in further details on the cars such as prices etc please feel free to contact any of the following people:

Alan Byrne - +353 (0)87 266 1340
Joe Murray - +353 (0)87 256 2363
Paul Grogan - +353 (0)86 106 5301

As ever once we have all the various bits and pieces ready to publish they will be available from www.ginettajuniorireland.com

Regards

Paul Grogan
Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2647348)   #10
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

We are delighted to announce that we now have the first of 2 planned information packs ready for download. The Introduction Pack contains all the information about the series such as where it started, detailed information on the car and the associated running costs. We have also outlined the dates for each round of the championship and information on the manufacturer themselves.

We hope that this pack should be able to provide an valuable insight into the championship for any prospective competitors and teams who may be interested in joining the Ginetta Junior Ireland Series.

Please feel free to click here to go to the Series Information page where you can download the Series Introduction pack in Adobe Acrobat Reader format.

Regards,

Paul Grogan
Old 4 May 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2684523)   #11
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of information recently but we have been busy getting some of the finer details in place.

Just a quick update to inform you that the Ginetta Junior Ireland Launch Event will take place on Sunday 13th June 2010 at Mondello Park. The event which will include a 10 minute demonstration race should give everyone a nice little taste of what is in store before the season kicks off on Sunday 18th July at Mondello Park with Rounds 1 & 2.

We have had a lot of interest in the series to date with a number of drivers and teams about to confirm their participation for 2010.

For more information please log onto http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com

Rgds

Paul
Old 6 May 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2685597)   #12
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

The documentation for the 2010 Ginetta Junior Ireland Series is now available on the website.

We have also put together a Starter Pack for the series which includes all the documentation you require to get you on the grid including licence application forms, regulations, series information and much more.

The documentation can be found here: http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com/...nformation.php

If anyone would like further information please feel free to contact us at any time.

Regards,

Paul
Old 7 May 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2686168)   #13
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

I am delighted to announce that we now have details of the prize for the overall 2010 Ginetta Junior Ireland Champion!

"Ginetta Junior Ireland are delighted to announce that the overall champion of the 2010 Ginetta Junior Ireland series will be awarded with a prize drive in the entire 2011 British Ginetta Junior Championship. The prize, worth in excess of €20,000 will include the use of a Ginetta G40 and registration to the series which includes ... Read More"

For further information please visit http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com or contact Paul Grogan on +353 (0)86 1065301

Rgds

Paul
Old 15 May 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2690848)   #14
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

Just a small update. The first delivery of cars has just landed in Ireland this week and will all be in Mondello Park at the Time Attack event tomorrow.

Pictures to follow on http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com during the day tomorrow.

You will also be able to get some advance pictures by following us on twitter: http://twitter.com/ginettaireland or @ginettaireland

Rgds

Paul.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2707835)   #15
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Series Launch Fast Approaching!

The Launch of the 2010 Ginetta Junior Ireland Series is fast approaching. Being held in Mondello Park on Sunday 13th June 2010, this gives us the ideal opportunity to run a demonstration race, to offer competitors and spectators alike, the ideal opportunity to get a brief taste of whats in store for this exciting new series for 2010.

With an expected 8 drivers lining up on the grid for our Demonstration Race, along with our static display of cars in the Paddock area and Garage Complex, our launch day is shaping up to be an exciting day for all the spectators attending the event.

If you would like to come along to Mondello Park on Sunday to attend the our Launch day, please log onto the Mondello Park website, http://www.mondello.ie/specials/ where you can download a discount voucher to attend the event. A packed programme of races is set to entertain all race fans with the highlight of the day being the Ginetta Junior Ireland Demonstration Race!

Please log onto http://www.ginettajuniorireland.com for further information.

Rgds

Paul
Old 27 Jul 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2734168)   #16
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, been a little busy myself with one thing or other!

We had a fantastic start to our series in Mondello Park on the 18th July, with 9 cars in Rounds 1 & 2 and some brilliant racing in some very challenging conditions.

We were delighted to welcome our sponsors, The Grid Karting & Roller Skating (http://www.thrgrid.ie) for the weekend and they will be sponsoring the next couple of rounds of the series also allowing us to provide TV coverage on Motors TV which should be going to air in the next couple of weeks.

Our website is bang up to date with all the info from the event including:

We are really disappointed that the Phoenix Park Motor Races aren't happening this year as we were looking forward to putting on a nice display with some demonstration races over the weekend. Hopefully we will get that chance in 2011!

Lastly, Rounds 3 & 4 will be on Sunday 22nd August and once again supported by Michelin Tyres and sponsored by The Grid Karting & Roller Skating, Carlow.

PS: If anyone is interested in competing in the remainder of the series or just for a one off please feel free to call any of us at any time and we will be more than happy to provide you with all the relevant information you require to get out on track! Paul - 00 353 86 1065301

Rgds

Paul