Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 9 May 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2197717)   #1
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vee's out Sunday, all marshals make mental note " more cement dust at posts"
Old 11 May 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2199155)   #2
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cement dust?? What would want that for after a vee race?? Keep an eye out for me im in the ten-tenths sponsered no 888 vee!
Old 12 May 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2199876)   #3
Panther
Rookie

Ireland
Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
Cement dust?? What would want that for after a vee race??
To bulild a wall to stop them getting out again
Old 12 May 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2199926)   #4
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now now thats not very nice!
Old 12 May 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2199987)   #5
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Check this out - looks potentially good...

http://www.mondello.ie/news/25.htm
Old 12 May 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2200008)   #6
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be a good meeting, hope this weather holds.....
Old 12 May 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2200026)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello Website
.....and a long distance Sportscar race scheduled.
Nooooooo... the tedium!!!! They'll get spread out in 10 minutes and then it'll be just like watching paint dry or a testing session.
Old 12 May 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2200029)   #8
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mainly dry and bright weather with sunny spells can be expected through Wednesday and Thursday and continue in many areas on Friday and Saturday. However, showers will develop on Friday, mainly in the west and north, but could occur anywhere on Saturday, some of these showers heavy. The nights will be on the mild side with light winds and risk of mist and some fog patches. At present it looks like showery rain will spread to all parts during Sunday with average daytime temperatures of just 12 to 15 Celsius.
Met Eireann today. Cross everything you have two of.
Old 12 May 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2200034)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
Met Eireann today. Cross everything you have two of.
"Warm and cool, dry with chances of rain"
Old 12 May 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2200059)   #10
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
If its raining on sunday im staying in bed! I have enough trouble racing in the dry never mind the wet!
Old 12 May 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2200070)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
If its raining on sunday im staying in bed! I have enough trouble racing in the dry never mind the wet!
If it's raining then you'll be out in yer Ten-Tenths vest for the wet t-shirt contest! GET THE SPONSORS IN!!!!
Old 12 May 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2200074)   #12
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I've changed my mind. I hope it p*sses rain. My Imp isn't ready so the oul Fiat 127 will have to be dusted off for the Hysterics and I don't fancy my chances of staying with any of those fire breathing V8 yokes unless there's pools of standing water everywhere..........
Old 12 May 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2200080)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
I don't fancy my chances of staying with any of those fire breathing V8 yokes unless there's pools of standing water everywhere..........
There will probably be pools of "a water-like fluid" after one of them roars past ye!
Old 12 May 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2200094)   #14
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
If it's raining then you'll be out in yer Ten-Tenths vest for the wet t-shirt contest! GET THE SPONSORS IN!!!!
Theres 2 things now in the weekend i stand no chance of winning!!
Old 12 May 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2200098)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
5000s. Hope someone has advised the marshals to bring ear defenders since quite a few of them wouldn't have encountered these beasties before......
Old 12 May 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2200120)   #16
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
5000s. Hope someone has advised the marshals to bring ear defenders since quite a few of them wouldn't have encountered these beasties before......
Ear defenders ? Its pure music that comes out the back of those things and the Atlantics.
Old 12 May 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2200133)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Ear defenders ? Its pure music that comes out the back of those things and the Atlantics.
For the first lap... then it's risking loss of hearing, especially at some posts. There's a reason the drivers put in earplugs, and that's with the noise behind 'em
Old 12 May 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2200170)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Not even for the first lap - it's one thing to be in the stands, quite another to be on the bank - sound carries very differently when you're that close to the circuit and at a different height level.
Old 12 May 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2200552)   #19
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Not even for the first lap - it's one thing to be in the stands, quite another to be on the bank - sound carries very differently when you're that close to the circuit and at a different height level.
Jaysus guys, this is very scientific altogether. I was gonna watch at Dunlop but I guess I'd be safer in the stand!

Speaking of 5000's on Mondello, remember Tony Trimmer in the 80's when he popped over a few times? The pic below is from Davyboy from a previous thread about Alo Lawlor's McLaren M30.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...8&d=1194265699
Old 13 May 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2201224)   #20
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Speaking of 5000's on Mondello, remember Tony Trimmer in the 80's when he popped over a few times?
IIRC Tony Trimmer was over for the Leinster Trophy in '89? It was the same day that Martin Donnelly broke the lap record in one of Eddie Jordans F3000's. I have pics somewhere of Trimmer coming down the main straight pointing over his left shoulder signalling to his crew that he had a left rear puncture which he then came in to have changed!

If I can find it, I must scan and post it.
Old 13 May 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2201484)   #21
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
IIRC Tony Trimmer was over for the Leinster Trophy in '89? It was the same day that Martin Donnelly broke the lap record in one of Eddie Jordans F3000's. I have pics somewhere of Trimmer coming down the main straight pointing over his left shoulder signalling to his crew that he had a left rear puncture which he then came in to have changed!

If I can find it, I must scan and post it.
That was the 21st anniversary meeting in May 89. Trimmer went off on the warm up lap and picked up a puncture. MD was awesome that day (my hero along with Alain Prost by the way). He set the lap record on the positively awful surface Mondello had then. What they have now is a billiard table by comparison. I was a shy kid but managed to pluck up the courage to ask MD for his autograph. I had the page of the race entrants opened up but MD flicked through to a picture of him on the podium in Brands 88 following his first 3000 win and signed that. That was pretty cool I thought, that he put the effort into finding his pic in the programme and signing that instead.

Trimmer did also appear later in the year in the Leinster Trophy as part of the round of the visiting Design Fireplaces British Single Seater Championship. Rob Cox was also in that race in an 88 Larousse Lola F1 car.

Better take my anorak off, it's a bit warm these days...
Old 14 May 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2201963)   #22
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was the same day that Martin Donnelly broke the lap record in one of Eddie Jordans F3000's.
Peter, That was on the current National circuit I presume. Do you know what time he set, and was it ever bettered? seems to be some confusion about this in official circles

You coming testing on Friday??
Old 14 May 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2201983)   #23
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Rob Cox was also in that race
Is that the same Rob Cox that raced the "Black Brick" Caterham Special GT car??
Old 14 May 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2201993)   #24
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1
Peter, That was on the current National circuit I presume. Do you know what time he set, and was it ever bettered? seems to be some confusion about this in official circles

You coming testing on Friday??
Yes it was on the National circuit. I think I have the programme at home and something in the back of my mind tells me that I wrote the time into it. I'll have a look for it later.
I think that one of the Deery's went quicker in a 250 Formula E when the circuit was re surfaced.

I found some of the pics that I took of MD and TT which I will scan and post this afternoon.

I won't be testing OR racing unfortunately.
Old 14 May 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2202011)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
I won't be testing OR racing unfortunately.
Coming up to spectate?