Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2002, 14:21 (Ref:297548)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hakkinen return not automatic - Ron

Quote:
Motorsport.com -- McLaren boss Ron Dennis has said that the return of Mika Hakkinen to the team would not be automatically accepted and it remains to be seen if it would be the right decision, should the Finn say he wants to go back. Dennis said providing Hakkinen with a drive was not a foregone conclusion.

"No. Its not the way it works," he said. "There's nothing automatic about it. If Mika wants to drive then its for us to decide if that's the right thing for the team. Mika, David (Coulthard), Kimi (Raikkonen) and anyone who drives for the team understands that they are an integral part of it but they are not the sole and exclusive part. The team is run by its management, not by its players or particular drivers."
full story from motorsport.com

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 28 May 2002, 05:37 (Ref:298171)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Interesting. I wonder when Mika will decide - I would not like to see Mika try to make a comeback the way Nigell did.
Old 28 May 2002, 06:06 (Ref:298179)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm how times change, wasn't Ron saying last year when the whole deal was announced that Mika was welcome back in '03
Old 28 May 2002, 11:09 (Ref:298339)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika shouldn't, and won't, come back. It's all just a nice rumour to circulate.
Old 28 May 2002, 12:58 (Ref:298421)   #5
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be hard to decide now, DC just won a race

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 28 May 2002, 13:39 (Ref:298452)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I understand it. Mika is taking a break and both he and Ron will decide what to do this year. As IKEA says "this is how it's always been".

So no news here then. Ron is just reiterating what has already been said, to a journo who asked because he couldn't be bothered to listen the first time round.

DC has always had a two year contract (till end of 2003), so it has always been unlikely that he would leave. (There may be a get out clause, but I bet it involves big money and anyway if Ron didn't want DC then he could have given him a 1 year contract).
Old 30 May 2002, 00:06 (Ref:299944)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
So no news here then. Ron is just reiterating what has already been said, to a journo who asked because he couldn't be bothered to listen the first time round.
Well said. This is where half the news stories come from between races.

Why anyone thinks that McLaren would automatically put any driver in the car without at least one test amazes me. When Mika was to make an announcement last week we had all soughts of speculation on this board. Without a test prior, there were only 2 possibilities, exactly what he announced (nothing) or permenant retirement.

Mika wont be back, and as a fan I'm glad. He has nothing to prove and would only ruin a great finish to a fine career.