Rookie

United Kingdom
SW London
maheedhurtz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is going to be the best in the wet

with rain forecast for the second race in a row
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...04102940.shtml

whom does this venerable forum believe will be the new Regenmeister

I plump for Hamilton, he is exellent in the wet although i think Kovi will be a close second and Kimi (I can correct any tank slap) being third best Regenmeister.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2219806)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think Hamilton will do well

Sutil could also do well again
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2219820)   #3
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sutil showed himself to be very adept at driving in the wet. His onboard shots put his really smooth driving on display.

But I wonder how important that'll be in Montreal compared to Monaco. I'd expect the car to play a bigger role in Canada.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2219834)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winners : Hamilton and Kubica. Kubica has really matured last year, and I imagine both McLaren and Ferrari are considering him for the future.
Losers : Massa. Far too many schoolboy errors. Acceptable in Formula BMW, not in F1 if you want to get anywhere.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2219838)   #5
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Winners : Hamilton and Kubica. Kubica has really matured last year, and I imagine both McLaren and Ferrari are considering him for the future.
Losers : Massa. Far too many schoolboy errors. Acceptable in Formula BMW, not in F1 if you want to get anywhere.
Wrong thread?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2219847)   #6
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
I think Massa was pretty good in the rain last race excpet for his off which cost him a position, but look how many others made some kind of an error in those conditions. The McLaren liked the Monaco circuit, but I think the man to beat if it rains, and it the chance of rain is not too high - will be Massa.

If it is dry, I would expect Kimi or Felipe to take it, either or really.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2219850)   #7
tonful
Rookie

England
Enfield
tonful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button always goes well in the wet, and Canada. Maybe Ross Brawn will be able to pull a tactical masterstroke to put Jenson in the mix.

Also go for Kubica the wet could be just what he needs to get that first win.

Not sure about Sutil in Canada, I think that the car will play a bigger part than in Monaco, although lady luck certainly owes him one.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2219864)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Japan last year proved that Lewis, Heikki, Kimi and Massa are all good in the wet.

Nurburgring proved the same for Alonso.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2219869)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso is probably the best wet driver out there. Don't think he has the car to do anything though.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2219922)   #10
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it rains I expect Sebastian Vettel to be fighting for good point finish again.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2219927)   #11
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi will crash out proberbly taking someone with him again, Piquet...you couldn't get any odds on him not finishing!

Button could do well though and I'll take a punt Kubica will win.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2219965)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Still gonna depend largely on which chassis suits the circuit s on that basis i'd say both Ferrari and McLaren drivers will do well in the wet as both cars will be good in Canada.

Oh balls to that!! Massa, Kovalainen and Alonso and maybe DC???!!!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2219989)   #13
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna go and curse his race for him again, but...Heikki to win in the rain
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2219990)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The McLaren suited Monaco, which made Lewis' drive look better than it was. Still, he's done pretty well in every wet race he's had in F1, and was the fastest guy at Montreal last year. Alonso has often been great in the wet, but both he and Raikkonen had fairly inept showings at Monaco. Sutil might be the Alesi of the future - solid in the dry but highly impressive in the wet, although through a smooth style rather than a ragged one. Right now, I don't think there is a rainmaster in F1, just a few guys who can cope with it. Still, the 2008 cars might be especially tough to drive in the rain.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2220003)   #15
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Kimi, Kova, Button, Webber, Vettel, Sutil, Kubica, Hamilton, Nick and Alonso are pretty good. For me Massa lacks something.

Who will be the best?
I hope Kubica
Old 5 Jun 2008, 04:22 (Ref:2220154)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if Nelsinho could do an excellent race in Canadá in the wet. Simply remember that superb GP2 weekend he did at the Hungaroring, under heavy rain... and wonder if he can have the same witty attitude in Formula 1.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2220234)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
Wonder if Nelsinho could do an excellent race in Canadá in the wet. Simply remember that superb GP2 weekend he did at the Hungaroring, under heavy rain... and wonder if he can have the same witty attitude in Formula 1.
He'll need more than just 'wit' to keep his place in F1!

He's not done too well in the wet.......or the dry......he qualified well in Barcelona.....but that's it really.He's under pressure now,so a win in Canada may just be enough to keep the Vultures away.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2220263)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
He won't need a win....
If he can qualify in Q3, score points in two of the next three races he'll stay.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2220391)   #19
hadlou
Rookie

France
Paris
hadlou should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montreal track is wider than Monaco so drivers like Hamilton, Raikkonen or Alonso may have big chances to win
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2220445)   #20
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button could do well though and I'll take a punt Kubica will win.[/quote]

agree with that with hamilton in the mix as well
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2220520)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for me Hamilton/Kubica in a class then Massa then Webber/Kovalainen/Raikkonen/Alonso/Vettel/Sutil fighting to take the last points in the 8.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2220606)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDK 7
.......I'll take a punt Kubica will win.

Blimey, is it gonna rain that much??!!!

Old 5 Jun 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2220613)   #23
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure who might win at Montreal if it rains but i dont necessarily believe if its a repeat wet race winner that they'll be any better at driving in the rain than anybody else.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2220618)   #24
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonful
Button always goes well in the wet, and Canada. Maybe Ross Brawn will be able to pull a tactical masterstroke to put Jenson in the mix.

Not sure about Sutil in Canada, I think that the car will play a bigger part than in Monaco, although lady luck certainly owes him one.
I agree with the top one, I think Jens could and should be right up there given the circumstance.

But I was thinking about Sutil in the wet at Canada the other day. Cast your mind back to last year in the not too good Spyker, where Albers nearly scored points. Gascoigne rekons they've pulled 2.5 seconds out of that car since then (Obviously I appreciate other teams have improved, too). But it's just a bit of food for thought.

Selby
Old 5 Jun 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2220902)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Japan last year proved that Lewis, Heikki, Kimi and Massa are all good in the wet.
I'm sure you left someone of that list on purpose...