Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2289920)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny thing about Heikki Kovalainen.

Hello.
I noticed a funny thing about Heikki Kovalainen today when he entered the podium!
He looks very much like Rudolf Blodstrupmoen's evil helper from Flåklypa Grand Prix (Pinchcliffe Grand Prix in english)

Bad 3d redo of him!, look at the original movie to see it
Old 14 Sep 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2289924)   #2
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOL Great comparison. I was thinking that he looked like a turtle yesterday in the qually press conference. It looks like his neck should go back into his his shell like race suit.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2289986)   #3
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atthe post-race press conference he looked just like he should... embarrassed to be second to a kid in a Toro Rosso, in a car that was the class of the field.
Not sure what Mclaren would have made of his performance today.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2289995)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 35
Atthe post-race press conference he looked just like he should... embarrassed to be second to a kid in a Toro Rosso, in a car that was the class of the field.
He did a good job today!, not like Hamilton but still very good!. Masse was even worse!
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2289999)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He did a good job in the best package for that kind of weather, McLaren is the better than all the rest of the grid when it comes to rain. But he's not Hamilton, and that pretty much says it all.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2290000)   #6
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 35
I had a similar feelnig that he was disappointed to be 2nd
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2290003)   #7
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
As I said elsewhere: He looked like someone shot his dog...

The doll is close, though!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2290006)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see it in this picture, but there you go:

http://www.formulaf1.com/2007/01/23/...nen-vs-beavis/

On a related note, I heard Sebastian Buemi's voice recently, and it made me laugh. He sounded like either Bert or Ernie (don't know which) from Sesame Street.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2290063)   #9
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we have now had a good look at him in the McLaren, and i have to say he hasnt looked all that great. He has been solid when he hasnt had tyre dramas etc and general bad luck...but he doesnt seem to be able to get the Mclaren really working for him.

If McLaren miss out again this year I wonder if they will regret the decision to extend his contract. I think he has proven to be a good driver, but i would consider him to be at the bottom of the F1 grid Top Ten, and can probably consider himself lucky to have the seat he does. I think the look on his face today revealed that he knew he perhaps showed his true colours today, solid but dont expect me to win too many GPs unless they are really gifted to me.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2290071)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another funny thing about Kovalainen. He got trounced by a STR.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2290074)   #11
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, Kovalainen has looked average at best for most of the season but he's still only 6 points away from Kimi.

Overal, I think this isn't a good year to be a Finn in motorsport (Latvala, Kovalainen, Salo, Raikkonen and Hirvonen to some extent are all having dismal seasons.)
Old 14 Sep 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2290139)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
He did a good job in the best package for that kind of weather, McLaren is the better than all the rest of the grid when it comes to rain. But he's not Hamilton, and that pretty much says it all.
Based only on today's performance, you'd have the Toro Rosso is pretty much on a par with the McLaren.

It's a shame Bourdais stalled, because that would have given us more evidence. Even so he set the second fastest race lap.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 18:56 (Ref:2290163)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Based only on today's performance, you'd have the Toro Rosso is pretty much on a par with the McLaren.

It's a shame Bourdais stalled, because that would have given us more evidence. Even so he set the second fastest race lap.
Based only on today's race we saw 2 excellent drivers (Vettel and Bourdais) with a good package with a plus for a wet race, doing a great job. The difference with McLaren is tremendous, that's the unconfortable point for Kovalainen. As Hamilton did what was expected from him, one can only wonder what Dennis is thinking about his second driver.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2290170)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
..... one can only wonder what Dennis is thinking about his second driver.
Hmm, i think he is happy for him!, Heikki does make good points in many races, and knows his place in the team without being told it!.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2290175)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kovalainen had a look on his face that looked like he was afraid of a telling-off from the boss later. But that's just my interpretation at the time.

I don't think Ron Dennis will necessarily be unhappy with him. Ferrari appear to have re-signed two drivers who are very closely-matched for the next two years which may lead to lost championships whilst they battle each other, whilst it looks unlikely Kovalainen will pose a consistent challenge to Hamilton.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2290178)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The point is that Ferrari isn't the kind of team that would let it happen...
Old 14 Sep 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2290199)   #17
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Raiseyourfist; Hes only 6 points from Kimi?; thats a massive problem!
Old 14 Sep 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2290271)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
a Brit and a Finn.
They used to have a Finn and Brit.....

Is HK the new Coulthard? Judging from some comments you would think so but remember Hamilton is exceptional.
The McLaren is good but it is not a wondercar. It still has to be driven and in the conditions today STR had an exceptional car... Vettel's performance and Bourdais' times confirm that. Had Bourdais not had trouble starting he may have had a podium to day or at least a top 5.

I think Heikki is good, better than he has appeared. At the beginning of the season it looked as though he would push Hamilton. Pole at the British GP and a couple of earlier GP fastest laps seemed to confirm that. However lately he has seemed a very competent journeyman but nothing more.

Hamilton has raised his game again and Kovalainens look in the post race conference is simply him reflecting that while he has a seat at a great team ain an excellent car he can never be comfortable. Vettel had him cut and dried on Sunday afternoon and his understanding of his place in the driver pecking order may be in revision. He probably realises he is not a Lewis Hamilton, or a Fernando Alonso, but nor is he a Sebastian Vettel, and he is probably never going to win a WDC as long as those three are around.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2290275)   #19
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Raiseyourfist; Hes only 6 points from Kimi?; thats a massive problem!
I meant that in many races hes went down from his Qualifying position to his final race position and that is without counting the times hes had awful luck.
(Canada, England, Germany, Belgium)
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2290384)   #20
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think HK is the Coulthard and Barrichello of some time ago, that is an unoffical second drvier. He has improved a lot, compared to his initial races and changing teams did not help him much as he needed further time to settle.

The only way he can become a champion is by having a car, much better than that of his competitors.