Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2408821)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia odds

William Hill are the first to offer:

L Hamilton 7/4
K Raikkonen 9/2
F Massa 11/2
F Alonso 13/2
R Kubica 13/2
S Vettel 12
H Kovalainen 25
M Webber 25
N Heidfeld 25
J Trulli 66
N Rosberg 66
T Glock 66
J Button 100
N Piquet Jr 100
S Bourdais 125
K Nakajima 150
S Buemi 150
A Sutil 200
G Fisichella 200

Hmm. I can't see McLaren being near the front straight off - still using the 2008 rear wing, just doesn't feel right to me.

I like Red Bull - Webber's odds in contrast to Vettels have come in a bit now.

Massive contrast between Piquet and Alonso.

Best outside bet? Rosberg each way.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2408829)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think I'll give myself a £10 budget.

£2.50 e/w on both Rosberg and Webber.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2408902)   #3
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id go for rosberg or webber
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2408911)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Barrichello doesn't seem to be on the list.I'll put a tenner on him being on it any day now.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2408931)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glock and Trulli might be a good bet at this stage, seeing how well the Toyota has been going in testing...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2409006)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren, I have a feeling, will have a tricky year.

Two Germans, Heidfeld and Glock, would be worth a stab.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2409012)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
McLaren, I have a feeling, will have a tricky year.
No change there then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Two Germans, Heidfeld and Glock, would be worth a stab.
That's illegal in most countries isn't it ?
Old 4 Mar 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2409124)   #8
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No change there then!

That's illegal in most countries isn't it ?
Absolute classic!
Not if youre English...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2409204)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny isn't ?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2409257)   #10
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Glock and Trulli might be a good bet at this stage, seeing how well the Toyota has been going in testing...
Bah, they will be 7th and 9th again. I like the odds on Force India though, now that they've got the McLaren partnership. 200/1 for Fisichella and Sutil, and 100/1 for Button? Someone hasn't been paying attention during the off season!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 02:31 (Ref:2409269)   #11
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously these bookies know nothing about F1. hamilton vs Massa, 7/4 vs 11/2? Why is Hamilton on such short odds?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2409271)   #12
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the other notable of course is that the RBR drivers are at 12/1 and 25/1 - yet the STR drivers in exactly the same car with ferrari power (which as we all know actually won a race last year) are 125/1 and 150/1! clearly!

And Jenson is apparently far more likely to win than those two!

[just watch, jenson will come out and win it now....]
Old 5 Mar 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2409343)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget the odds are not so much a reflection on what the bookies think will happen as they are a reflection on what the bookies customers have so far bet on happening. Lots of money goes on LH, then the odds come in. This gives rise to "bargains" where you might well think the odds are wrong on the less popular driver. Like Webber for example. Heikki even.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2409370)   #14
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I'll have a stab at some of these. A couple of quid on a podium finish for some drivers (Rosberg, Vettel, Webber) could be worthwhile. Even if only one of them comes in, you'd still be up...

Funny how Raikkonen has shorter odds than Massa, given what happened last season.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2409381)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Right I don't normally bet but...:

£2 on Alonso (Est. returns = £15)
£1 on Vettel (Est. returns = £13)
£1 on Rosberg (Est. returns = £67)
£2 on Raikkonen (Est. returns = £11)

Selby