Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jan 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2609632)   #1
chiefs
Rookie

chiefs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Rallycross drive?

Hi guys just joined the site, absolutely tonnes of reading to do

I’d like to try out some Rallycross, preferably at Lydden. Can anyone recommend a contact for a hire / arrive and drive package?

I have a national B and some car and Kart racing experience so would love to combine my passion for race and rally in one.

I’ve already contacted mini-cross and considering a trial with them, however they can’t cater for Lydden so though I’d ask around. With no experience and a limited budget I’m guessing that Stock hatch might be an option?
I’d appreciate any advice or information.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2609743)   #2
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs View Post

I’d like to try out some Rallycross, preferably at Lydden. Can anyone recommend a contact for a hire / arrive and drive package?

I have a national B and some car and Kart racing experience so would love to combine my passion for race and rally in one.

I’ve already contacted mini-cross and considering a trial with them, however they can’t cater for Lydden so though I’d ask around. With no experience and a limited budget I’m guessing that Stock hatch might be an option?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there, i have a rallycross stockhatch Peugeot 205 for sale and available to hire for all of the winter events.

Have a look on rallycrossuk.com it is the first one listed 726, ex tony bardy Peugeot 205 Gti.

Or contact me on john@johnrook.orangehome.co.uk

or Pm me here. im sure we can sort out a deal for hire or buy.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2609933)   #3
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome, Chief. Good decision to have a go at rallycross... it's one of the best things you'll ever do!

As John says, there are a couple of cars out there for hire (John's is a good one), and apart from that you'll need a helmet with a red MSA compliance sticker (flameproof lining), MSA compliant overalls and a Non-Race National B licence (which you have). Check the Blue Book for details or ask on here if you need to know anything specific.

Entry fees are usually around the £180 mark (although there is talk of welcome cut in this for BTRDA competitors this year) and you'll need to join the BRDA. The rest of the budget comes down to what you agree with a hirer; it might include all consumables such as fuel, tyres etc. or you might have to provide some of that stuff on top.

One of the best bits of advice I've ever had once you're at the meeting and ready to go is to walk the track beforehand. It looks so different compared to watching it from the sidelines and it's worth doing in my opinion. Apart from that, the easiest piece of advice to follow in rallycross is this: have fun! Rallycross is a really friendly sport, so if you need any other advice, either here or on the day, just ask and people will be happy to help.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2609939)   #4
chiefs
Rookie

Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome and information.

John I’ll drop you an email.

StockHatch782: I totally agree with the track walking, something I’d always do before Karting, although I guess I’ll need my wellies for the Rallycross circuits
Old 9 Jan 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2610507)   #5
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
re you sure about this

"I’ve already contacted mini-cross and considering a trial with them, however they can’t cater for Lydden so though I’d ask around. With no experience and a limited budget I’m guessing that Stock hatch might be an option?
I’d appreciate any advice or information."

thought mini cross was back at lydden with the BTRDA !!!!! i know they have a cheap rental car !!!!
Old 9 Jan 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2610686)   #6
chiefs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
re you sure about this

"I’ve already contacted mini-cross and considering a trial with them, however they can’t cater for Lydden so though I’d ask around. With no experience and a limited budget I’m guessing that Stock hatch might be an option?
I’d appreciate any advice or information."

thought mini cross was back at lydden with the BTRDA !!!!! i know they have a cheap rental car !!!!
Yeah, spoken to Shelley and they can only do Blyton at the moment. So just wanted to see what else was available esp for Lydden.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2610890)   #7
dangermouse606
Rookie

dangermouse606 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try micky boak and hal ridge, they always have cars available for hire, im sure they will be attending lyden anyway
you can pm mick at golfvanman
Old 10 Jan 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2610986)   #8
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally for a stockhatch car you are looking at between £400-£600 per event to hire and this normally includes damage unless written off, badly damaged or engine or box damaged. Generally also depends where car is located in terms of circuit and travelling distances. On average your looking at around £500, plus entry fee and this includes everything on race day.

The reason the minicross car includes entry fee and car is it is normally raced at an event organised by them, i.e Blyton so entry fee can be wirtten off as such and generally mini's cheaper to run than a 205 etc.

On top of this there is the entry fee, which for the winter events is £140.

This price would include everything:
Getting car to circuit, prepared, race worthy tyres,race fuel, race kit if needed, on site mechanics and help, along with advice on racing lines, set up etc.

Chief.. i got your e mail and will reply later this afternoon.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2611683)   #9
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs View Post

Thanks in advance.
You should find the logistics are now sorted with Minicross and you can hire the car for Lydden. You have an e-mail.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2612221)   #10
chiefs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness View Post
You should find the logistics are now sorted with Minicross and you can hire the car for Lydden. You have an e-mail.
Ohh yes, all booked up for Lydden in April, very excited

Thanks.