Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Oct 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2781608)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walter Hayes Trophy

At the present time there are over 100 FF1600 entered for the Walter Hayes Trophy, as normal there will be a fireworks display, always a good way to end the season. Looking at some of the drivers entered racing should be very good, lets hope the weather is kind to us this year, looks like a good turnout of marshals.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2781618)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to it. Hopefully better arrangements have been made with the weather gods after last year's downpour

Are we in the usual Copse camping area? Bringing the caravan down this year and I'm hoping to have electricity for heating!

And fireworks: Saturday or Sunday? Just so that I know if I'm staying later on the Sunday.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2781624)   #3
Alan Crook
Veteran

Think fireworks are Sunday 6pm
Old 28 Oct 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2781630)   #4
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nadine and I are looking forward to our first WHT
Old 28 Oct 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2781660)   #5
Power Bulge
Racer

England
Rochdale
Power Bulge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Think fireworks are Sunday 6pm
Um, the fireworks may well begin with the first FF race
Old 28 Oct 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2781709)   #6
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few bits lifted from Penny's email ......

Camping will be at Copse Outside, there will be showers in the campsite and there will be limited power supply hook ups on a first come first served basis. Toilets are in the main block 2 minutes away.

Breakfast vouchers will be handed out at sign on each day

A bonfire and firework display will take place on Sunday night, which all marshals are very welcome to stay for, the fire will be lit about 5.30pm with fireworks about 6pm. The Racing is due to finish at 4pm

I can also tell you that the bonfire is to your right, just after entering over the Priory bridge - opposite the med centre.

See you there
Old 28 Oct 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2781714)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am properly looking forward to this meeting. Just debating the merits of canvas or an hour drive home on Saturday plus return journey Sunday morning...
Am hoping to do my incident upgrade assessment too, if there are enough X-rated folks around. You may make jokes now ;-)
Old 28 Oct 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2781734)   #8
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday isn't the usual hour later than Saturday - both start at 0900 with 0730 signon .....

I'm sure there will be a black-x or two around, but they will be signing on / allocated separately (HSCC - Fay?) from the incident folk (with Penny). Probably worth an email / call to both to try and co-ordinate, plus maybe a chat with the drivers to arrange for some incidents on your post.

Hope you can sort it and that you get enough "work" to earn the sig

btw Silverstone's web site says that the gates open free of charge at 1500 to allow all and sundry in for the fireworks on Sunday
Old 28 Oct 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2781843)   #9
morwenna
Racer

morwenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this - I was gutted to miss this last year due to being ill (hopefully that hasn't jinxed my health for next weekend!). I haven't seen the drivers' forum mentioned this year - does anyone know if that is happening?
Old 28 Oct 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2781860)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
Camping will be at Copse Outside, there will be showers in the campsite and there will be limited power supply hook ups on a first come first served basis
That's fine now I have my splitter - I should be able to get in to a connections somewhere.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2781984)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
I'm sure there will be a black-x or two around, but they will be signing on / allocated separately (HSCC - Fay?) from the incident folk (with Penny). Probably worth an email / call to both to try and co-ordinate, plus maybe a chat with the drivers to arrange for some incidents on your post.
Yep, have already mentioned it to Penny. It seems there are several of us in the same boat, so if it happens it happens and if it doesn't I'll be standing in the rain with you again
Old 29 Oct 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2781995)   #12
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive ordered a 3 way spitter and hopfully should be bringing it will me.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2782010)   #13
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
so if it happens it happens and if it doesn't I'll be standing in the rain with you again
There certainly shouldn't be any shortage of incidents to be assessed on if last year's experience is anything to go by. Or rain either... though metcheck is currently suggesting a sprinkling on Saturday and pretty dry Sunday.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2782015)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
There certainly shouldn't be any shortage of incidents to be assessed on if last year's experience is anything to go by.
I guess that depends on the post I end up on... last year was on Runway Crossing, and we had the princely sum of one Lola pull off with water in the works, and later on Rory Butcher pull off by us after Stuart Gough cartwheeled over him. We were not particularly busy!

Fingers crossed I get put somewhere with a bit more action this year. That said, let's hope the action isn't like Goughy's shunt last year, that was just on the verge of "a bit too big for comfort".

Now, where did I put my drysuit...?
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2782043)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
I guess that depends on the post I end up on... last year was on Runway Crossing, and we had the princely sum of one Lola pull off with water in the works, and later on Rory Butcher pull off by us after Stuart Gough cartwheeled over him. We were not particularly busy!
That's only because you sent your biggest shunt down to us under the bridge!
Old 29 Oct 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2782085)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
That's only because you sent your biggest shunt down to us under the bridge!
We didn't want you to feel left out
Seriously for a moment though - hearing that pass us and start to spin while we recovered the other Lola was a bit of a hairy moment. It was a shame to see such a beautiful car have all that damage...
Old 29 Oct 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2782089)   #17
Alan Crook
Veteran

Entries now up to 112 and should rise a few more by next weekend. Should give plenty of incidents for those requiring assessments. I will have a check how many X graded Post Chiefs are at meeting.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2782121)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Seriously for a moment though - hearing that pass us and start to spin while we recovered the other Lola was a bit of a hairy moment.
It was a bit scary seeing you all out there when it went. Just for those who weren't there and think 'driver spinning under yellows with marshals trackside' the poor guy was completely helpless, hitting a river while on part throttle which turned him into a passenger instantly. In fact we speculated that having lifted properly for the yellows, it was hitting the river under acceleration having passed the marshals that caused him to go off. Very sad incident for the driver.

Lets hope for dry conditions to allow the spindlies to put on a great show.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2782341)   #19
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Entries now up to 112 and should rise a few more by next weekend. Should give plenty of incidents for those requiring assessments. I will have a check how many X graded Post Chiefs are at meeting.
Funny - In the same boat - looking for an upgrade as well!
Old 30 Oct 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2782479)   #20
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will have a check how many X graded Post Chiefs are at meeting.

There will be one sitting in the grandstand at Woodcote!!!!

Bladders......
Old 30 Oct 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2782609)   #21
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.......and another, looking after the Combe racers!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2782679)   #22
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't forget the WHT Forum in the BRDC Clubhouse on Saturday evening hosted by Andrew Wilkins.
This is part of the WHT legend.....!!
Old 30 Oct 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2782712)   #23
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's running this...Fay? Put me down please Flag, unless you particularly need anything else.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2782944)   #24
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post

Bladders......
I may be sitting next to you than Martin. Maybe time to meet again.
There as of Saturday morning, bringing 2 Belgian marshals who will actually marshal that weekend.
I'm taking a weekend off as I was a tad busy at post 3 at the FFF.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2783040)   #25
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post

Bladders......

and another in Hyde Park doing the London to Brighton