Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Mar 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2645792)   #1
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza, Coppa Intereuropa 2010

Who is coming to Monza the first weekend in june ?
Old 5 Mar 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2645819)   #2
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Henrik, I'd like to think that I am.

I've put in for the pre-63 GT race, and a special 'Alfa Giulietta World Cup' race...I think.

However, any details are not very forthcoming at the moment, and I cannot find a rough timetable or race schedule anywhere, which is a shame as I'd really like to book my flights and transport!

I'm sure (in inimitable Ialian fashion) all will be revealed soon!

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen View Post
Who is coming to Monza the first weekend in june ?
Old 5 Mar 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2645831)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of a mess as it clashes with Autosport 3 Hour at Snetterton, one of my favourite races of the last few years. I think I have to do Monza this year but its not an easy decision.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2645851)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We were going to do it but now clashes with 3 hr at Snet with B8
Lola will be at Monza in CER.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2645882)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Will be at 3hr. Also that w/end MG Live at Silverstone?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2645955)   #6
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be a small group of danish drivers attending.
Both in saloon, sports and formulacars.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2645976)   #7
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We,ve sent entry for GT&SCC Race. Fingers crossed again. Any views on best route with a HGV. Calais - Monza. The actaul way into the circuit isn`t obvious either.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2646044)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
You get a prize if you can find Monza easily the first time!
Old 6 Mar 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2646049)   #9
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go on then John. Give us a clue !
Old 6 Mar 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2646061)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
unless it's changed, if you go north from Monza town on SP6 then it is on the right in the Parco de Monza, and just follow the signs for paddock / competitors whatever... wasn't difficult in 2007 but the traffic on a weekday afternoon is pretty horrendous (slow). ISTR the tricky bit is choosing / finding the best junction to leave the A4.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2646083)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There you are
Been about eight times and never used same way twice.
Easiest place to find is San Serio as all signs in Milan area send you there.Opp.end of Milan to Monza!
Old 6 Mar 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2646095)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going. I go through Austria as my truck is too old to go through any of the tunnels.Make sure you stop and get a "go box" if you decide to go this way.The Austrian's are very hot on this.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2646663)   #13
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
unless it's changed, if you go north from Monza town on SP6 then it is on the right in the Parco de Monza, and just follow the signs for paddock / competitors whatever... wasn't difficult in 2007 but the traffic on a weekday afternoon is pretty horrendous (slow). ISTR the tricky bit is choosing / finding the best junction to leave the A4.
Cinisello Balsamo (probably shortened to Cinisello B) is the name on the exit
You then take a dual carriageway
When you get close to Monza whatever you do don't go to Centro, especially with a truck or trailer! But follow the signs to Monza Parco (the turning after Centro) and turn left when you reach the Palace. The track entrance is about 1 km further on the right at a place called Vedano (the gate into the park is Porta Vedano)
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2646687)   #14
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that means we won't be blessed with your presence in the CF3 Snetterton races then Iain? What about you Marcus, Monza or Snetterton?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2646691)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Richard the calender is crap for me this year. I have never driven Monza so i am looking foward to that one.Im also going to miss quite a few HistoricFF2000 races as well.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2646765)   #16
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chin up, old chap - don't forget Monaco!
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2646993)   #17
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You only live once Iain so go for it and enjoy Monza!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2649607)   #18
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
You get a prize if you can find Monza easily the first time!
We've been there and I used a Tom-Tom navigation set at that time. You'll be there in no time.

Pieter Bakker
www.facebook.com/pieter1bakker

Old 11 Mar 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2649836)   #19
jonbunston
Rookie

England
Malmesbury Wiltshire UK
jonbunston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza Eurocup 2010

Dave & I will be there doing the shots for HFO again - hopefully weather will be as nice as last year
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2706207)   #20
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My car survived race after blowing a head gasket in free practice and a miss fire in qualy.

The weather was scorchio... so so hot and humid.... Some drivers were not too well after there stints...

Excellent racing as always - saw a few clattered cars being towed back to the paddock though...

Excellent weekend...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2706252)   #21
jonbunston
Rookie

England
Malmesbury Wiltshire UK
Let me know the race and car number and I'll post up some pics chhers Jon
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2706296)   #22
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny reading your earlier posts. I have not had any problem finding Monza (death by red trafic lights tho) but boy did we have trouble trying to find Malpensa for our flight home - the roadworks from hell. Tom tom couldnt make head nor tail of it! Nearly missed our flight.

As for the racing - we stuttered to a halt after 1 lap! Looooong way to go for that! And only 19 out of 47 finished.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2706308)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I had no probs finding the park.This year i followed Sat Nav and went straight there.I have been to Monza a few times but this was the first time racing.I was ready for the Italian bruisers that marshalled the paddock last year which ended up with hand bags at dawn but do you know what they were just charming to the point where a young lad who spoke English told me where to go "perfect" until i got into the paddock where upon half a dozen of his senior friends took over and after some animated hand gestures i told them i knew where to go.Bumped into Zola glad she had a good weekend. There did seem to be a lot of engine swaps going on but the Lotus 17 ran perfect all weekend.I cycled the track Thursday night and then again Friday morning and what with being rubbish at Monaco taking all weekend to learn my way round just took to Monza straight away and was on the pace in no time.We qualified P2, 20Th overall.
I was on my own all weekend as the team were at Snetterton so i went out on my bike Saturday night had a pizza and a couple of beers early on, ready for the race Sunday morning. On my way back to the park i thought well i will just stop and have a night cap then someone put the footie on TV and i got involved watching with the locals and had a few more drinks. Tut Tut i hear you say. "quite right"I'm normally very good before going racing..Consequences very thick head on Sunday and i drove rubbish with Jim handing over in Class 3rd place, i took off then got passed by another Lotus 11 head still thumping and busting for a wee settled down and got on with the job.After a couple of laps found my self going quicker and caught and passed the 11 which by now was for the class lead.Still not driving very well pulled away and set some good laps and boy was i pleased to see the "IN " board to hand back over to Jim. He was then caught at the very end but we hung on to P10 and class win by just a second and i was very very happy.Needed that result as 2010 not been the best year so far.GTSCC put on a great race and i thought the whole meeting was superb but missed the FJ's and HGPCA cars.Cant wait till next year but will stay away from the bars in future.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2706310)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If there any photo's we were no 12 in GTSCC race. Cheers.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2706336)   #25
jonbunston
Rookie

England
Malmesbury Wiltshire UK
Monza GTSCC

Pics of 12 GTSCC....wriggling round those corners was fun to watch!