Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Oct 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2967030)   #1
blovell
Rookie

blovell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sports cars at the 'ring

The British GT series is considering an race at the Nurburgring in 2012. The championship is usually held at Belgian venue Spa but could hold it's international trip at the ‘Ring next season. Championship boss Benjamin Franassovici confirmed that the circuit is being considered.

Is this the old track or new??
Old 7 Oct 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2967054)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as I would love it to be the Nordschcliffe I think the GP layout is far more likely unfortunately. Given the choice of the Nurburgring or Spa I would choose Spa every time.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2967369)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
If they could get rid of the Haug hook, it would be a little better, since lap times / length would drop and drivers would pass throught front and back stretches more times.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2967376)   #4
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better still, bring back the old T1-T2 complex, which was much better (goddamn to F1, quit ruining our tracks ).
Old 8 Oct 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2967557)   #5
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
fully agreed Gil. The Nurburgring modern suffers badly from being on the site of the legend, but it's by no means a bad track - much prefer it to the butchered Hockenheim for example.

Having said that, it's no Spa now is it....
Old 8 Oct 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2967566)   #6
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see the Nordschleife be brought up to modern day standards. Nothing too radical, but at least grade 2 or 3 so that we can see some more racing on it apart from the VLN. I remember the WTCC was looking at having a race around it sometime ago.

While I can understand that there would be one or two sacrifices for this to happen, as long as they wouldn't pull a Hockenheimring I would be ok with it.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2967649)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I'd love to see the Nordschleife be brought up to modern day standards. Nothing too radical, but at least grade 2 or 3 so that we can see some more racing on it apart from the VLN. I remember the WTCC was looking at having a race around it sometime ago.

While I can understand that there would be one or two sacrifices for this to happen, as long as they wouldn't pull a Hockenheimring I would be ok with it.
No thank you, absolutely NO sacrifices. Old stuff races on it including me, and we like it just how it is. Moderns can race on 101 other circuits - at least leave us luddites ONE circuit that hasn't been messed around with or ruined. Please..
Old 9 Oct 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2968155)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Better still, bring back the old T1-T2 complex, which was much better (goddamn to F1, quit ruining our tracks ).
Yes, that's what I meant.