Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Nov 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3162263)   #1
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoner....

So I've read on speedcafe that Mr Stoner has taken to twitter noting frostys grass excusion as amateurish.
While there will be conjecture about this elsewhere, seems pretty brave that a bloke like stoner would pass a comment such as that toward a competitor in a series he is yet to join...
Seriously, get a drive and prove yourself as mistake free before judgment is passed about someone's professionalism.
Perhaps a prerequisite for a 888 drive is to throw a few 'stones' before you step into the glasshouse?
Old 4 Nov 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3162270)   #2
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last Road Motorcycle champion to 'race' in the ATCC did a pretty amazing job, especially in his first year......

Please note my sarcasm.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3162540)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
The last Road Motorcycle champion to 'race' in the ATCC did a pretty amazing job, especially in his first year......

Please note my sarcasm.
good ol' "Captain Chaos"
Old 4 Nov 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3162575)   #4
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pretty amateurish comment that.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3162605)   #5
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Winterbottom is one of the most praised drivers without achieving anything....what has he won Konica Series and a Sandown 500 but overall he has been a dissapointment.

A whole lot of hype was piled on him for the pass on Whicup @ Sandown, that's racing....what has he been doing all the previous years ????

As for Stoner I don't agree with his comments but then again I did not agree with the Winterbottom pass which Winterbottom should have readdressed immediately

Will be interesting to see how Stoner goes....as for Gardner I think the Captain Kaos tag is a bit unfair (except for his 1st rave in DTM). Gardner brought a lot to the sport in a short period of time with the Coke (not white stuff) sponsorship and his team was very professional. HSV days were a different story (remember the oil on windscreen @ Sandown)

At the end of the day Stoner is more of a racer than what Winterbottom will ever be
Old 4 Nov 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3162643)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be prepared guys

Stoner is not a man to hold his tongue, he is horrendously competitive if you havent watched much bike racing, and he is certainly not afraid of letting people know if they are being dodgy!

Not sure it would matter much in tractors, but I hope he gets beaten up and goes back where he belongs, a bike GP team or Superbikes
Old 5 Nov 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3162657)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Be prepared guys

Stoner is not a man to hold his tongue, he is horrendously competitive if you havent watched much bike racing, and he is certainly not afraid of letting people know if they are being dodgy!

Not sure it would matter much in tractors, but I hope he gets beaten up and goes back where he belongs, a bike GP team or Superbikes
Wish he had gone to F3!

Love to see him in F1 in the future!

Still it will be interesting to see how he goes!
Old 5 Nov 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3162658)   #8
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoner will fit in just perfectly with the 888 Engineering family. Same mentality.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3162660)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Stoner will fit in just perfectly with the 888 Engineering family. Same mentality.
Good fit then.

Have there been any rumours as to where he will go?
Old 5 Nov 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3162661)   #10
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't take anything away from a 2 time champion.

Can call him an idiot. I think he is an absolute idiot.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3162670)   #11
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Have there been any rumours as to where he will go?
A single car team in the development series is the rumour. For next year they're saying. I can't see it happening though. He has said he wants a break before making any plans for a V8SC drive.

In the meantime, there's been a few responses on twitter to Stoner's dig at Winterbottom.

Frosty's reply : "seriously dude? You may need to attend a drivers briefing to work out our rules for next year as this was discussed."

"I look forward to racing you and seeing how a professional performs. #ithinkigetpaid?"

Shane van Gisbergen: "wonder if stoner will call the force India driver an amateur ?"

Ryan Walkinshaw: "Casey Stoner will fit in well with 888 already full of himself and never even raced a V8. Forgets HE is the amateur"

LOL.. even Walkinshaw Jr have a crack at Stoner. But then his counterpart, Holden Motorsport boss Simon McNamara said: "well said CS !"

Old 5 Nov 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3162686)   #12
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's all just hype to generate interest in him and the series. Just wait, frosty is in on it and all will be revealed when Stoner punts Whincup off allowing Frosty through for his 1st champs win next year. Immediately after that Stoner will announce he's switching to FPR.

Or have I just been watching too much WWE? :P
Old 5 Nov 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3162699)   #13
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a MASSIVE Stoner fan, so much so that I'll most likely support him when he comes into V8's even though I pretty much despise 888. But his comments are way out of line. It would be pretty much akin to Frosty saying 'Stoner should learn to ride' when he crashed at Indy. Someone commenting about a form of motorsport they no nothing about except watching it.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3162713)   #14
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice way to lose potential supporters before you're even behind the wheel.

Well done doofus.

Whats with Frosty copping it from 888 these days?
The only result is 888 looking poorer for it.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3162725)   #15
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoner has said he won't be in a supercar next year. The development series could be another matter. Or maybe we'll see him do some test days next year in an older non-COTF car to get some miles under the belt before a tilt at the development series in 2014.

The kid would have enough money to go and buy an old car and run it around a track in Europe just to get the miles if he wanted to.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3162736)   #16
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post

Please note my sarcasm.

Winning two races and finishing on the podium at Bathurst in the first full year?

Why is any sarcasm needed?
Old 5 Nov 2012, 05:16 (Ref:3162738)   #17
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't need another reason to dislike T8; I think I'm going to burst!
Old 5 Nov 2012, 05:32 (Ref:3162741)   #18
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
LOL at the twittering! Im glad hes joining the series, the war between the teams have gone boring latley, (bar that overtake at sandown) ENTR THE STONER!!!!!!!!!! who said he was boring aye..

agree with this V

Quote:
Old 5 Nov 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3162807)   #19
Trustno1
Rookie

Trustno1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
Stoner has said he won't be in a supercar next year. The development series could be another matter. Or maybe we'll see him do some test days next year in an older non-COTF car to get some miles under the belt before a tilt at the development series in 2014.

The kid would have enough money to go and buy an old car and run it around a track in Europe just to get the miles if he wanted to.
Go Porsche Cup car for year or two, comparatively not overly expensive, get to understand selective tracks and mix it with top drivers
Old 6 Nov 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3163142)   #20
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the most interesting part of it is that Winterbottom felt the need to reply. there's a guy feeling the pressure.

to be honest, i doubt Stoner gives a toss what Winterbottom thinks of him. hes a 2 time world champion at the top level of his sport , on 2 different manufactures, in the top 10 list for wins and has taken on and beaten the rider many regard the greatest of all time. hes also copped a flogging in the international media and been subject to mind games from Rossi. Winterbottom is small fry.

Winterbottom and SVG have done what lately?

as for the people knocking 888, yawn - if they were still driving fords you'd be moist over them.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3163187)   #21
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
um another question is why did Stoner the moaner feel the need to say something to Frosty in the 1st place? he's the pro, Stoner the moaner is the NOOB. he is the small fry, shouldve been a jockey for horse racing, would fit perfectly in there
funny how u say all hes done in MotoGP, cause it means nothing in the V8's, (and yes Im a stoner MotoGP fan)
Old 6 Nov 2012, 05:50 (Ref:3163188)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not often someone from the outside penetrates the Big Top, and starts heckling the circus clowns in public. Make the most of it while it lasts.

Good on him, I say.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3163189)   #23
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustno1 View Post
Go Porsche Cup car for year or two, comparatively not overly expensive, get to understand selective tracks and mix it with top drivers
Good advice...
Old 6 Nov 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3163190)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's not often someone from the outside penetrates the Big Top, and starts heckling the circus clowns in public. Make the most of it while it lasts.

Good on him, I say.
it just gives all his haters more reason to have a go at him when he does the same thing in the future, not a good start for him, not even jumped in a V8 car yet.
just like when Rossi came into his pit and appologised, and he replied with something nasty, nek minnit come German GP...falls after trying to overtake Pedrosa

(still a fan)
Old 6 Nov 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3163191)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
it just gives all his haters more reason to have a go at him when he does the same thing in the future, not a good start for him, not even jumped in a V8 car yet.
just like when Rossi came into his pit and appologised, and he replied with something nasty, nek minnit come German GP...falls after trying to overtake Pedrosa

(still a fan)
Reckon the Jerez comment had more to do with Rossi's smart arse comments about Stoners development abilities when he was on the Duke than anything.

Poor little Prima-donnas sure do get prickly when a big fish steps in their little pond