Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Should we make a real FFSA GT Tour thread?
Yes? 4 80.00%
No? 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Dec 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3346377)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFSA GT Tour Thread

Basically how many people car about this series and would bother with this thread.

It could cover any one of the categories in the FFSA GT Tour, just to broaden the interest.

Or should I just emigrate to France?
Old 20 Dec 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3346378)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Basically how many people car about this series and would bother with this thread.

It could cover any one of the categories in the FFSA GT Tour, just to broaden the interest.

Or should I just emigrate to France?
There have been FFSA threads before, but there hasn't been a lot of interest in them... how about rather starting a catch all national GT-thread for all the continental European series, i.e. GT-Masters, FFSA, Belgian GT, etc.

The only national GT-series that seems to generate a lot of postings on here these days seems to be Brit GT.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3346380)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National GT series' are on the increase.

It may be that it's down to the fact that this isn't a French forum. The FFSA GT Tour is the premier domestic series/package. Supporting it are the French F4, French PCC, Mitjets, and (most importantly) the Peugeot RCZ Cup, with Clios sometimes in the mix.

Some very good drivers in the series, such as the young talent of Grégoire Demoustier, who any British GT fan will know and respect as well...
Old 20 Dec 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3346384)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
National GT series' are on the increase
Not arguing that, it's just that series from non-English speaking countries tend to get little in the way of attention on 10/10s - and quite understandably so, I think. I am quite a bit of an anorak and even I get bored rather quickly if the audio on the stream is in a language I don't understand...
Old 20 Dec 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3346394)   #5
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, if it was not Loeb Racing and Hexis, I would know nothing about the FFSA series. Is Loeb's team still in the series now?
Old 21 Dec 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3346558)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think looking at the responses, a National GT thread would be good for anoraks like me!

On a sidenote, is Belgian GT still running? I thought Belcar and the Belgian Tourers split up with their organisers a couple of years back and that was that...
Old 21 Dec 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3346565)   #7
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I am quite a bit of an anorak and even I get bored rather quickly if the audio on the stream is in a language I don't understand...
Same for me, and attempting to watch some of the V8 Superstar (or whatever it was called a few years ago) races in Italian made me realize how hard it is to actually follow racing when you don't speak the language. It would show a car leaving the pits and I realized I didn't know why it was leaving the pits, if it had gotten a drive-through penalty or just been repaired or had a puncture or... and so on.

It's ok if you just want to watch some cars go around a track, but it makes it hard to really get into it if you are actually trying to follow what is happening.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3346618)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Start the thread - I think you have anyway...... It either lives and flourishes or it fades away. Just like any other thread really......
Old 21 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3346622)   #9
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If this series comes to Francorchamps this year, I wouldn't mind someone keeping me up to date with this championship!
Old 21 Dec 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3346625)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, officially started now.....
Old 21 Dec 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3346663)   #11
gaaaazFR
Rookie

gaaaazFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
To be honest, if it was not Loeb Racing and Hexis, I would know nothing about the FFSA series. Is Loeb's team still in the series now?
The level in our national serie is not that bad actually (not saying that because I'm french... ).
But you can't sum the whole championship to SLR (Sebastien Loeb Racing) and Hexis, for at least two reasons :

- none of those teams won the championship in the past years
- none of those teams will race in the French GT Tour in 2014 (sic).

Hexis has officially announced that they will shut down their racing activities at the end of 2013, Ph. Dumas (former team manager) has already moved to OAK racing.

SLR is not sure at all for next year in GT, they might focus on Blancpain and ELMS (with their LMP2)... they might also change of brand concerning the GT3 (or stop) because of too many problems with the MP4/12C.
Anyway they'll be in GT Tour via the french Carrera Cup with 3 or 4 cars.

But in GT Tour you also have brilliant teams like ART (McLaren), SOFREV/ASP (Ferrari - 2013 champion with a gentleman called Barthez ^^), Pro-GT by Almeras (2011 and 2012 champions) or Sainteloc (Audi).
In 2014 you can add IMSA with one or two Porsche... so the average level is pretty good even it's very french.
I hope we'll have a better view of what I say in 2014 thanks to the involvement of SOFREV-ASP in ELMS with one GTE and two GT3's.

Concerning others category we have a pretty good level in F4 (Gasly - Nato - Vergne come from this category) and in Porsche Carrera Cup (guys like Mako - Estre or Pilet are coming from the french PCC)
Old 21 Dec 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3346740)   #12
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah, surely Fabian Barthez's championship win should attract some attention...
Old 21 Dec 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3346752)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
...meanwhile, as the answers are generally mixed and all that, it's time for an answer from everyone.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 05:13 (Ref:3346830)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Does Larbre do much national racin?
Old 22 Dec 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3346835)   #15
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I started a thread earlier this year but I have not been on the forum that much lately.
Good to see some interest in a great series!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=ffsa
Old 22 Dec 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3346850)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Does Larbre do much national racin?
They did back in the GT1 days with the Saleen. But I don't think they've done much on the national level since then.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3346869)   #17
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
At least this is causing some debate.

Only 2 voters however, maybe it isn't worth it. We really need about 5 people interested in "running" the thread for the whole season...
Old 22 Dec 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3346870)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
They did back in the GT1 days with the Saleen. But I don't think they've done much on the national level since then.
Weirdly enough, I have a vague recollection of Larbre running the Viper GT3 in the series in the early ages of FIA GT3 when FFSA GT were switching from GT1 to GT3 as numbers of the former diminished as the latter grew.

I know they couldn't run the Corvettes but I thought they could make some good money off running Porsches for gentlemen drivers in the series.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3346903)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Weirdly enough, I have a vague recollection of Larbre running the Viper GT3 in the series in the early ages of FIA GT3 when FFSA GT were switching from GT1 to GT3 as numbers of the former diminished as the latter grew.
FFSA hung on to GT1 until 2009, so by that time a GT3 Viper would have been quite outdated already...

Quote:
I know they couldn't run the Corvettes but I thought they could make some good money off running Porsches for gentlemen drivers in the series.
Well, I just looked it up on racingsportscars.com and it turns out they ran a 997 GT3 R for Patrick Bornhauser in 2010 and 2011.... nothing in FFSA GT since then, though.