Old 15 Oct 2001, 13:27 (Ref:160886)   #1
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An Important Announcement

Greetings from Down Under!!

I just wanted to catch your attention to say a few words, now that I'm back in the peace and quiet of sunny Brisbane.

I've been back home for just over a month now, getting myself readjusted to what is somewhat a new world to me, given the period of time I spent in the United Kingdom.

Now I've seen the many messages of thanks in the Touring Car Forum, but I wanted to make something of this, as opposed to adding a reply to an already long thread.

31st May, 2000 to 11th September, 2001. The dates in between these I spent 'oop norf' - a foreign world, no immediate family. No wonder I didn't expect that I'd last long. But that was before I left home...

It didn't take long to feel 'at home' on the other side of the world. Invader was there at Heathrow at seven in the morning to pick me up after the horrible flight and it all went from there. I met Craig later in the day and just one week later we were off to Silverstone's BTCC round for my first race meeting at a track other than Lakeside or Queensland Raceway. Here I was introduced to yet more Ten-Tenths faces.

As time went on, trackside weekend after trackside weekend, I really began to feel one of the crew. And it is for this that I want to say a huuuuuge, Darryl Eastlake-like "Thank you" to everyone who made my venture such an experience.

Dave, Craig, Tim, the 'Bottles, Liz, Lorna, Carrie, Woody, Redshoes, Spoonerboro, Chris, Maisie, Bella, Minardi Fan - oh gawd - everyone I had the pleasure of meeting...

You guys made me unhappy to leave there - and who could have predicted that some sixteen months ago? So enjoy the next season's racing and I'll catch you all on The Mountain in a couple of years' time!!

Danielsun