Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Nov 2001, 16:27 (Ref:174951)   #1
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valencia, Feyenoord and Anderlecht sign up

The Spanish football club Valencia, Dutch Feyenoord, and Belgium’s Anderlecht have all signed up for the Premier1 GP series. So it'll be a 5 car grid instead of a 2 car grid
Old 18 Nov 2001, 18:12 (Ref:176134)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I increasingly think it will be a success, as the teams will have recognition immediately, the marketing incentive to a team is strong (P1GP Leeds United Tammiyo models could work as a memorobilia piece) and we now have teams from 5 different countries confirmed, and I have no doubt that other top teams will sign. As drivers are unlikely to have to bring any sponsorship it could give talented but underfunded ddrivers a cahnce. I was against the whole thing at first, partly ebcause the idea is so crackpot, but there are potential plusses to it, maybe the driver lineup will be based on talent mroe than other series.
Old 18 Nov 2001, 19:14 (Ref:176141)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rather than a direct feeding championship for young stars, I feel it will be a Formula for young drivers looking to move into F3000, and older drivers, e.g. Marques, who couldn't hack it in F1 or F3000.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 13:17 (Ref:176762)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmmm, British F2 had 5 car grids, that didn't last long either!
Old 20 Nov 2001, 15:54 (Ref:176794)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,that must be the worst series in racing history.With no sponsorship it was a desparate attempt by the MCD(Brands Hatch) management to get a British premier series going.There has not been an effective one since.
P1GP though, I think, is in a different league.That only 4 teams have been officially launched I hope says more about current world events.Someone said about Sept 11 'A good time to bury bad news' By the same token it is still not a good time to publish good news-no one may notice.And there is plenty of time-no cars yet exist.The one's shown so far were old F3000s.The first wil not be run until spring for racing in July.

Last edited by Rob29; 20 Nov 2001 at 15:55.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 16:06 (Ref:176797)   #6
Noddy
Rookie

Noddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have my doubts about this Premier1 GP series but I do hope Chelsea will consider it. It would make a change to see a Chelsea team that moves fast, has some direction and stands a chance of winning something. Then again they'll probably hire overpayed staff, look good and hover around mid table before finishing sixth. Oh - and if an unfashionable, unassuming and lowly team decides to take part e.g. S****horpe you can be sure they would lose to them.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 16:18 (Ref:176801)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oh Noddy, you sound so despondent. Go have a few gin & tonic's to cheer up! You comments did draw a smile though...thank you.