Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Dec 2001, 00:42 (Ref:185700)   #1
Kelstea
Rookie

Kelstea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rotten Fish

Is it my imagination or is there a strange smell about F1 at the moment and would I be right in saying that it emanates from a poison dwarf who seems intent on taking oil and mafia money but doesnt seem interested in those people who work hard all year to enable them to go and see their hero's.
Somehow I feel this is nothing about fans just money,money,and more money.Just how much can one man spend in a lifetime???
What mystefies me if Silverstone is so bad how come he has put money into it?
I hardly think he would do this unless he thought he would get a return,perhaps he thinks that if things go relly badly for Octagon he might be able to pick up Silverstone cheap!
Did you see he shipped a load of team bosses out to paul Ricard to prove what a good circuit it is .Now correct me if I am wrong but isnt that the circuit that the little rat put loadsa money into.
Doesnt this smack of something nasty??????
Old 14 Dec 2001, 13:07 (Ref:185827)   #2
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Rotten Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelstea
Doesnt this smack of something nasty??????
Sure does. It's a flat out conflict of interest. Forbes Magazine - a usually reliable source - has also reported (See July 9 article at forbes.com.) that he owns Spa, Hockenheim and Magny Cours as well. However, I have not been able to find a second source to verify their statement. It seems funny that he would own two circuits in France.
Old 14 Dec 2001, 16:26 (Ref:185865)   #3
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, it seems odd that if he did own Spa, why it would be coming under such scrutiny for lack of facilities recently.
Old 14 Dec 2001, 16:28 (Ref:185867)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think you will find the ownership of Paul Rickard is in his wifes name.
Old 18 Dec 2001, 20:12 (Ref:187406)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Bernie finally dies (of natural causes let us hope), the untangling of his "interests" will take generations and be the stuff of legend.

And to answer your question, yes it is only about stuffing money in Bernie's pants and has been for years. He doesn't care if there are any fans at all as long as the sponsors, movie stars and Beautiful People keep inviting him to their parties.

Not unlike a certain ex-president of the USA, who has become completely invisible since 9/11 ...
Old 19 Dec 2001, 08:27 (Ref:187564)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I wouldn't mind betting that there is another anti trust investigation at some time before he pops his clogs Liz.
Old 19 Dec 2001, 14:36 (Ref:187633)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there isn't, there should be. How this man has managed to get away with what he has got away with, for this long, is beyond me. Don't they have anti-trust laws that can be enforced in most countries not actually controlled by tribal warlords?
Old 19 Dec 2001, 19:04 (Ref:187745)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes, but for some unknown reason he seams to worm his way by them, god knows how.
Old 19 Dec 2001, 20:16 (Ref:187785)   #9
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie is just scum pure & simple.He's allways bleeting about 'what he's done for f1'.All i see is a choked remnant of a sport bloated on immoral advertising.