Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Aug 2002, 12:30 (Ref:359058)   #1
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btcc

I'm almost ashamed to say this but i think i'm going off the BTCC. Maybe its all the colours. It just doesnt look as professional as super touring. I watched a video of the Oulton Park round the other day and the cars looked so much better.
Charlie cox is a great commentator and all the action was caught. Now most of the incidents are only shown in replays.

I know thats all in the past but that video got me thinking. its good that its back to high grid numbers and good racing but i'm tempted to say the ETCC is better (it took a lot to say that)
Old 16 Aug 2002, 12:39 (Ref:359073)   #2
Fordman
Rookie

Fordman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ETCC looks better because of the familiarity factor. Volvo's, alfa's, we liked the Volvo's in the bTCC. Just wait and see, maybe next year we will have some Foci's in there from Ford, Rydell, Aiello, Menu, Plato making a come back. Now thats what I call BTCC

According to Westy, it is going to be an exciting season ahead, we will have to wait and see.

I agree with the video though. I have on vid Snetty in 2000 when Mondeo's ruled and Snetty is in the dark. I will treasure this.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 12:47 (Ref:359084)   #3
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The TV production from BHP was much better than what we are currently getting from Granada Sport. Then again, BHP were doing it from 1987-2000, so they had a lot ot practice!

In my opinion, Charlie Cox was useless. He used the same phrases over-and-over again, and was often caught with his pants down on live broadcasts.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 12:52 (Ref:359093)   #4
Fordman
Rookie

Fordman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrr, but that was the funny bit, being caught out on LIVE TV. Where's the LIVE TV this year and last year, not a single one. No big introductions, no big finalies. The commontators know whats happened to the cars before they stop.

You cannot beat LIVE broadcasts
Old 16 Aug 2002, 13:15 (Ref:359116)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Hmm.. can't agree about the live TV. Most of the live BTCC coverage I've seen over the years has been appalling. The director follows the lead 3 or 4 cars around and forgets about everyone else. You'll often get as much action mid-field, especially this year were we have two classes.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 14:36 (Ref:359185)   #6
Peugeot #1
Rookie

Peugeot #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it tells us how much you liked it in the first place, if you go off it cos the ****ing colours don't look right. I think it's colourful and great. Better than the 2000 grid. Red, red, red and some more red with a dash of yellow!

Plus the ETCC isn't better, the ETCC is ****!
Old 16 Aug 2002, 20:43 (Ref:359383)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strangely Peug, the only thing I dislike about the ETCC is the colours- all the bland white BMWs.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 22:14 (Ref:359467)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to say I probably agree with Pug #1
Old 17 Aug 2002, 13:53 (Ref:359731)   #9
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are those individualistic Black Teleshop sponsored BMW, Cibiemme BMWs and Silver Antera sponsored BMWs when you need them???
Old 19 Aug 2002, 06:51 (Ref:360911)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the colours aren;t important .. but the races are .. ETCC is good but it can be much better

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2002, 08:00 (Ref:360945)   #11
Portello
Racer

Portello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In fact it will be better with more works-teams coming years. But I personally would like to see the BTCC & ETCC closer together, because technically the differences aren't too great. Maybe there will be one great European Touring Car series some day (incl.the BTCC/ETCC combination) and the Super Production cars/series will be the national
basis. Who knows ? By the way ,the TV coverage (Eurosport) of the 'Super Racing Weekends'/ETCC here in Germany is very good and the sprint races are shown live, also the commentatories are excellent.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 09:48 (Ref:361020)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep with more works-team it will rock. ... the Eurosport .. shows live the second race(minus Spa) while the first is recorded

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2002, 21:01 (Ref:361586)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Redshoes, the live coverage of the BTCC just never seemed to work because so much of the action was missed. A number of times I'd set the video, get home from the track, watch the video and wonder if it was actually the same race I'd been watching a few hours before because it managed to look too dull on TV.
I've missed the last few BTCC rounds on TV, but certainly earlier in the season thought the coverage was very good and a great improvement on what we saw in 2001.
As for colours, I've not seen the ETCC on TV, but when they were at Silverstone I was struck by the number of white cars, and, with me not knowing the series well, how difficult that made identification.