Old 28 May 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1312403)   #1
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP 4

Anyone got it?

I got it yesterday and its a great game, love the 125s.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1315491)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stop your taunting of me!!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1316536)   #3
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Its a great game, are you going to get it?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1316740)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Undoubtbly so when it arrives in Australia...
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1316795)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it only out on PS2?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1316826)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes. MotoGP3: URT will be out on X-Box in September though....
Old 17 Jun 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1331579)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I had some spare change dangling about in the old backpocket and bought MotoGP4 just now!

I am regretting it before I have even played the game, but there you go.......I hope it is nothing like the first one, although at least it has more than five tracks this time!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1331639)   #8
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Its a good game, have faith. Tell us what you think. I think you'll enjoy it.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1331738)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah yes, it is very good.

Dunno what I was thinking, that it'd be like the original. I mean, that game was nearly five years ago! Wow, time flys.....

Love the different classes. Currently doing 125 on a KTM. Only gripe is that it is a bit easy, I immediately had to turn it onto hard level after winning immediately.

Also, when you put random weather on for the championship, every second race is wet, which is a bit crap.

But when I'm thundering round Mugello, hitting perfect apexes on my KTM I don't ahve a care in the world! Fantastic game. So much to unlock too.

Anyone got any of the legends yet? Also, are the secret tracks fictional?
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1331747)   #10
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Ah yes, it is very good.

Dunno what I was thinking, that it'd be like the original. I mean, that game was nearly five years ago! Wow, time flys.....

Love the different classes. Currently doing 125 on a KTM. Only gripe is that it is a bit easy, I immediately had to turn it onto hard level after winning immediately.

Also, when you put random weather on for the championship, every second race is wet, which is a bit crap.

But when I'm thundering round Mugello, hitting perfect apexes on my KTM I don't ahve a care in the world! Fantastic game. So much to unlock too.

Anyone got any of the legends yet? Also, are the secret tracks fictional?
Yeah it is a great game. Yeah you definatly have to have it on hard and sim on.

if you want to race in the dry restart the playstation and load the career again and it will be in the dry.

I have got one legend but I can't seem to use it atm. Dajiro Kato (RIP)
I have also unlocked the BMW safety car which is a bit of fun. The secret tracks are real but I'll let you unlock them.

I am now on Moto GP with Ducati and that is VERY hard compared to the 125s and 250s.

I sent you a PM aswell
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1331752)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Cheers, for that weather tip. I'm not fussed about racing in the wet or dry, it just seems a bit daft that there are so many wet races. And the entire weekend is either fully wet, or fully dry. I mean, how hard is it to put some variation in Namco!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 07:30 (Ref:1341732)   #12
VTR_Beefa
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
VTR_Beefa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

Just found the forum.. looks good.

I have been searching high and low for info on MotoGP4, and this thread popped up.

Love the game... and for those who really love their motogp.. i discovered that using Picture in Picture on my TV i can have MotoGP running in one screen, and the MotoGP race in the other... this means racing Rossi Love !!!
It doesnt get any better : )

Does anyone know:
Online play ? or is it just LAN
Are Namco still giving away a free Arlen Ness jacket to the fastest lap times (look on back of the manual in the Game package)

Cheers
VTR Beefa
Old 28 Jun 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1341806)   #13
VTR_Beefa
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Ok just answered one of my questions... it looks like the LAN play does not support online play : (

Given that the www.motogp-game.com website has not been updated since pre-donnington, my guess is they are not going to do anything more with lap records and... the arlen ness jacket : (
Old 28 Jun 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1341958)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I've unlocked all bar two of the legends riders. No idea how you get the other two.

I've only got the time trial and a couple of survival thingies to do in challenge mode.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1342000)   #15
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Whats are the suvivals all about? Havent been playing it to much now I can play GT4.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 04:28 (Ref:1342512)   #16
VTR_Beefa
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
True GT4 rocks...

I did play one of the survival modes when i first got it and I think you just do a bunch of laps against the top riders and have to win each race.

The two player GP Season is not a bad feature as well. Select how many rounds you want then instead of just carving each other up, you both start in a full grid and run a mini season against your mate.
I thought the PS2 would have a problem managing that many bikes on screen at once, but it does it well.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1342557)   #17
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any modern bike games out for the PC? I played GP500 for years (it came out in '98) and still have the occasional go but it really doesn't run properly on my new PC.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1342680)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, I accidentally unlocked the remaining two bikes yesterday. To say they are dissapointing is an understatement.

Yes, I unlocked two more Daijiro Kato bikes! Come on Namco, we all loved the guy, but we don't need three of his bikes!

Anyone tried a legends race BTW? Funny isn't it, how the AI bikes can run about 300mph in a straight line.....
Old 30 Jun 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1343581)   #19
VTR_Beefa
Rookie

Australia
Sydney

I have heard the SBK2001 is a pretty good PC sim if you are looking.

I am still going through my seasons and doing a few challenges on the side.
Have unlocked a couple of tracks, and I think I am going to be disappointed with the 3rd track... it wouldnt be the Test Track by chance would it ?

To be honest, I dont mind if it doesnt have some super dooper bikes, it would be nice to have some historicals in there like Ago's bike and Kenny Roberts Snr's bike etc... but I just simply enjoy the racing : )
The thing that really is missing from this game is online play... having an online GP season would be great and Im sure that it would help sell a heap more copies. ... as it would GT4

I cant seem to find a great deal of info on the game outside of Aus... has it acutally been majorly released OS ?

....and what about the Arlen Ness jackets up for Grabs.. !!
Old 21 Jul 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1360046)   #20
winniedesue
Rookie

winniedesue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there, my hubbie is an addict to game - but can't seem to unlock legends!!! Any hints - he is driving me mad!!