Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Mar 2003, 23:55 (Ref:530794)   #1
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford official Snett test - Top 5

The first official test for the revamped Formula Ford series is held at Snett 17th next week.
...time for predictions!!

Duckhams with Tom Gaymore and Oliver Jarvis are sure bets, aswell as Tom K-S with JLR (who took 1-2-3 at the race in 2002).

People to look out for are Alx Danilson with Ray and any of the Nexa Racing cars since Snett is a bit of an engine circuit.

Are Murry Racing doing it this year?

My top 5:

1. Gaymore
2. Jarvis
3. Danilson
4. Kimber-Smith
5. Makkela

Last edited by GM Man; 9 Mar 2003 at 23:56.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 00:09 (Ref:530802)   #2
WD40
Rookie

WD40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Mackie got any drivers
Old 10 Mar 2003, 06:59 (Ref:530970)   #3
Jonathan Traber
Rookie

Jonathan Traber should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the name of the finnish guy is "Mäkelä" not "Makkela".I know cuz been watching quite a lot finnish racing
Old 10 Mar 2003, 08:25 (Ref:531020)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far we have no drivers for FFord. I dont know why because we have been offering a very decent price.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 15:40 (Ref:531516)   #5
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mm im gonna hold my tongue
Old 10 Mar 2003, 16:14 (Ref:531585)   #6
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Mackie had a good rep, and where a leading team why would they be finding it hard to find drivers ?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 16:15 (Ref:531589)   #7
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mackmot take the Stand...
Old 10 Mar 2003, 19:49 (Ref:531892)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mr dick obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. typical uni student.

it's mystery. one of the top ford engineers in the business and a good price. and still no takers.

what would drivers prefer, paying for a posh truck or a proper engineer who knows his stuff? seems it's obvious to me. bunch of billys.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 20:24 (Ref:531947)   #9
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I wonder if AM hasn't been affected by an unsuccesful foray into FRenault? People's memories are short. They see Stephen Kane go into Renault and not cover himself with glory. In truth the Mackie Renaults have not performed at the pointy end of the grid at all last year, so I wonder if the new incoming batch of FF people think he/they may have lost the edge?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 20:43 (Ref:531978)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but what matters is the junior results last year when the usual happened and the mackie cars were developed well, and showed very well in the hands of darwin.

i think a lot of people see that the steven kane thing wasn't as clear cut as he didn't do well.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:25 (Ref:532041)   #11
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are Mackie staying in FF and FR then, this year?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:42 (Ref:532052)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
errrrrrr no. any drivers out there with some money who want to do fords with one of the best teams out there?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:24 (Ref:532103)   #13
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
People always assign a championship to the team. We are quite capable of running most junior championships for anybody. We would love to do ford because it is challenging froma n engineering point of view. However we have looked at trying to get drivers into Spanish F3 and Formula Nissan Lights because the championships over there are so much better. They are cheaper, they have bigger prizes and great competition. The Nissans are amazing they are faster than F3 and nearly as fast as F3000, yet its only £200k to compete. Also its much friendlier there are no stupid politics like British motorsport, its more like racing here used to be. The crowds are bigger too they get 50k odd at each race very sellable to sponsors. Yet people in the UK are so stubborn its stupid. They all want to spend stupid money on doing F3 and F3000 just cos their managers tell them to (all of whom take bigger cuts from certain teams).

BTW dont get me wrong FFord is great and we would rather do that but above that level people should go to Spain.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:05 (Ref:532165)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there's also the assumption by people that "you get what you pay for" and that if they arent paying a huge budget they dont have a chance at winning. Too good to be true syndrome unfortunately.

Racing is primarily about one thing. Perception vs reality.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:23 (Ref:532186)   #15
WD40
Rookie

You say Mackie is good but has he won much he's had a lot of good drivers over the last five or six years.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:33 (Ref:532197)   #16
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
in the past 5 seasons since we were set up we have won, European FFord, Junior FFord, runner up british FFord, runner up Junior FFord, 3rd Formula Vauxhall Junior, Numerous Kent county and Scottish championship wins.

Previous to that the whole history is on our website www.mackiemotorsport.co.uk and all our services. All it takes is a bit of searching for a driver to find a good deal. There are a few good teams out there that try to win rather than make money but drivers just listen to there managers.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:35 (Ref:532200)   #17
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oh yeah and second in Euroboss F3000 class with Francois Migault when we took the car we prepare for a client to Le Mans
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:55 (Ref:532214)   #18
WD40
Rookie

Why do you not make money in you team and what price is ford with you
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:59 (Ref:532219)   #19
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because some people race for the sheer enjoyment of it
Old 11 Mar 2003, 00:07 (Ref:532224)   #20
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
we do make money to pay for the mechanics, us to live, and a workshop. We like money if we can get it but we prefer to go out to win. We like it best if we can get enough money for plenty of testing and development. Also my dad spends his own wages to buy things to help the team. ie he saved up his own money to buy a damper dyno. Hes a bit eccentric but the best guy if you want to really put the effort into winning. He never really takes on the rich stupid types that are never gonna get anywhere because he wont win with them.

I'll email you an offer if you are serious but nobody shouts out prices on forums like this its bad business. When I work out the budgets I will give a price for everything to win then if you want it cheaper we say what dont you want. Most teams send a price for bear minimum then say what extras do you want and it ends up being more than ours.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 00:17 (Ref:532234)   #21
caro_line69
Rookie

caro_line69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford ranking.

That's odd, I failed to notice Daniel Clarke in that top 5 line up.

A tip GM Man. If you want your views to be taken seriously, don't be so eager to reveal your lack of intelligence by mispelling the drivers' names:

Spelling check complete on GM Man's ranking:

1 - Gaymor
2 - Jarvis
3 - Daniellson
4 - Kimber Smith
5 - Makela

Reality check complete on GM Man's ranking:

1 - Clarke
2 - Gaymor
3 - Jarvis
4 - Donnelly
5 - Daniellson

What do you think now? Anyone else like it? Come along to Caro's world then. It's lovely in here

Regards

Caro_line69
"The only line..."

Last edited by caro_line69; 11 Mar 2003 at 00:18.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 00:19 (Ref:532237)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
think you're left of centre on daniel clarke but that's a good list.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 02:12 (Ref:532312)   #23
GM Man
Racer

=)
Sorry carro...have gone through the records now and its Danielsson not Daniellson and its Mäkela with dots! =P

Im gonna stick with my list. Might promote Daniel Clark to fifth since you seem pretty sure!

How about all you other people?
Mackie, would be interesting to now your views since you actually know some of these people and have loads of experiece in watching young talants.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 02:29 (Ref:532326)   #24
GM Man
Racer

ohh...and why not have a stab at quickest lap. Best race lap last year was C England with JLR: 1.09.64

My guess is 1.09.99.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 02:46 (Ref:532341)   #25
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hummmmm difficult they are all very equally matched in talent and experience.
I would go for:

Gaymor 1:10.6
Danielsson
Kimber Smith
Foster
Jarvis