Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2003, 14:34 (Ref:740317)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jackie's had re-loaded his rifle...

What dear Jackie said...

All respects due to dear Jackie, a respectable man from the "gentlemen" racing era.

But is he losing the plot? Just after calling for Michael to retire and urging him to spend time wokring to boost German Motorsports, now he comes out saying JPM would make a better WDC!

Trouble is, he said JPM would make a better WDC than Michael NOT because JPM is a better driver, but because he is more charismatic and Michael had won it too many times... and he insisted that's for the good of the sports?!!!

I'm thankful that he isn't the one who decides WDC, because F1 is NOT charity, its the TOP LEVEL of motor-racing, for Christ's sake.. The best man should win.. not Mr Popular, not the one who has the best hairdo, not the one who gains the most sympathy.. In my opinion, as long as the best driver win that deserved championship, THAT is for the better of the sports.

And Jackie criticising Michael for lacking in enthusiasm and not doing enough for F1??? This is a man whose every race win is celebrated as if it's the first, who goes to races eager to perfect and push himself to the limit. This is a man who enjoys racing in F1...and he's lacking in enthusiasm.. hmmm.. and not doing enough for F1? As in? What has Kimi done for F1? Or for that matter, JV, JPM, Ralf and every other driver else? And what should dear Michael do? Cross country cycling is part of his fitness training, and heck...can't he even have a part of family life?!

Sigh. It's not bashing Stewart, and i understand he has his own opinions. But it seems like he has a predictable annual criticism for Michael, either calling on him to retire or claiming that someone else is better,etc. And it's pretty obvious he ain't a fan of Michael, fair with me...but to repeatedly publicly criticise who is the highest achieving driver and then tell him how to run his life is one out of childishness and utterly uncalled for. I can sense it's more out of a urge to say his negative feelings to the media than for an upright cause, because what he says is flimsy as wet paper - pure **** and illogical.

It's really sad.. because he tends to let his perception of Michael overshadow his usual rather respectable self. What dear SIR STEWART ought to concentrate on is to take care of his health and push the Silverstone project to greater heights.. Leave the game to the boys.

Last edited by Gt_R; 4 Oct 2003 at 14:39.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 15:01 (Ref:740326)   #2
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I'm with you on this one I certainly did when I read this on teletext
Old 4 Oct 2003, 15:05 (Ref:740331)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems as though Michael can't catch a break, doesn't it? No matter what he does, he seems to be criticised.

Unfortunately, like many legendary athletes, the greatness of Michaels reign as champion, will not be appreciated until years after his retirement.

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Oct 2003, 17:29 (Ref:740436)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I appreciate his talent and thank goodness I am around in both the Senna/Prost/Mansell and the Schumacher eras. Mainly because anybody who beat those guys was class. Likewise anybody who beats MS is class.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 17:30 (Ref:740437)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er. Gramatically speaking I think you know what I mean.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:00 (Ref:740456)   #6
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But of course Senna and Prost were in same team...

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:00 (Ref:740457)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well said Mallett!

What gives Jackie Stewart the right to say this stuff?

Yes he was one of the great drivers but he is rapidly becoming like Stirling Moss in his comments.

Put it down to old age.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:20 (Ref:740478)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I can see what he is saying, that F1 is in need of a shot in the arm, and that a Kimi or JPM world champion would have been better for the sport.
After all with falling TV and trackside viewing figures, F1 does need something different.
I am not actually sad that MS is champion this year, as much as I hate his guts and Ferrari, he does deserve this championship, its just a pity someone else couldn't have won it...
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:27 (Ref:740482)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I mean this year you nnever felt overwhelmingly dissapointed when MS won it because the year has had good racing.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:31 (Ref:740484)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Exactly
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:37 (Ref:740489)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't think Kimi as WDC would give F1 a shot in the arm. I mean he's a great driver, but he's strictly dullsville. He never gets excited about anything, so how can we?

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Oct 2003, 18:38 (Ref:740491)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Jackie's had re-loaded his rifle...
Not the same JYS who shot of his other foot when he said a certian Kimi Raikkonen was far too young to drive in F1? .
Old 5 Oct 2003, 10:23 (Ref:740889)   #13
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's a rent-a-quote for the papers at the moment - don't know whether he's publicising something or just going senile, but he's far more informed that most of us can ever hope to be, so we ought to respect his opinion.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 11:46 (Ref:740947)   #14
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, actually JYS' comments are right on the spot. Noone really cares anymore about racing. Show is important and "good for F1". Cynical, but sadly, he is right. Spectators are far more interested in unpredictible results read in Monday's papers rather than watching live Sunday action, for example. Last year people didn't find the season boring because 11 races were won by same guy, but because it was Schumacher; and he did it in 2001 too. And he did it in 2000.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 11:51 (Ref:740952)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it bizarre that people say things like "What right does Jackie Stewart have to say this".

If he'd said something you agreed with you would probably support him.

I don't agree with the comments he's made on this occasion but he has every right to say them.

It's another case of "opinions are like ********s - everyone's stinks but your own"
Old 5 Oct 2003, 12:02 (Ref:740966)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, but his comments seem to be on a downhill slope and he'll end up spouting rubbish like Stirling Moss seems to do these days.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 12:04 (Ref:740968)   #17
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jackie's just splurking off at the mouth out of frustration with f1
No surprise really considering the **** masquerading as a sport we all have to put up with these days

Last edited by RWC; 5 Oct 2003 at 12:08.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 12:09 (Ref:740976)   #18
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't have to put up with it all - if you don't like F1, don't watch it.
Old 5 Oct 2003, 15:44 (Ref:741106)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Surely JYS is entitled to his opinion?

The only way his opinions differ from ours is that he's famous and get quoted, ours don't.

So, he said it about Michael, and people don't agree, fair enough, but i'll bet they would agree more if the same comments were made about JPM, Kimi, DC, Rafe, Rubens etc etc.

Don't want this to sound like a "pop" at the Michael fans, it isn't, just an example, that we all have our views and when someone says something we don't like the the bloke who said it is "losing grip on reality" he's not, just giving his opinion.

On the cover of this months F1Racing mag is a headline....JPM- Is he losing the plot? (incidently i haven't read it) But us JPM fans could be up in arms, saying what aload of that is etc, but the Michael fans could be rubbing their hands together agreeing.

Get my point? It's all opinions, and at the end of the day does it really matter? Sure, we all have our opinions on this site, otherwise we wouldn't visit it, but you think that Michael or JPM etc lose sleep over something they read by the likes of us or JYS?

Don't think so.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 12:50 (Ref:741878)   #20
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
He's a rent-a-quote for the papers at the moment - don't know whether he's publicising something or just going senile, but he's far more informed that most of us can ever hope to be, so we ought to respect his opinion.

Snog me if I'm wrong, but is your name Maureen?

Was easily the best signature I have ever read!!!!!

Excellent!