Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:50 (Ref:537400)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the ex-Arrows employees up to these days?

I know Heinz-Harald Frentzen got the second Sauber seat, but what about the rest of the ex-Arrows employees? Particuarly Enrique Bernoldi and Sergio Rinland?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:04 (Ref:537434)   #2
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernoldi has been testing for RC Motorsport's Formula Nissan World Series team.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:05 (Ref:537439)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I thought Sergio Rinland was/is an employe of Sauber. Or am I wrong?

Bernoldi did a test in Formula Renault V6 car.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:09 (Ref:537445)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Bernoldi has been testing for RC Motorsport's Formula Nissan World Series team.
Oops,I thought he tested a Renault.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:22 (Ref:537468)   #5
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Good to see that Bernoldi's still racing then (or at least has a good seat in another series). He seemed to inherit the Johnny Herbert mantle where of where he would retire when on course for points, but would make the distance when he was not heading for points. I'm surprised Minardi didn't sign him, but I don't know if he still had that Red Bull sponsorship. Shame we couldn't see how good he really is.

I can't remember if it was Eghbal Hamidy or Sergio Rinland who designed the A23. It was one of those two.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 22:23 (Ref:537546)   #6
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dunno if it counts but i know at least one of the arrows mechanics is now working for renualt
Old 15 Mar 2003, 22:41 (Ref:537570)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
I can't remember if it was Eghbal Hamidy or Sergio Rinland who designed the A23. It was one of those two.
It was Sergio Rinland.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 23:36 (Ref:537631)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard, Graham Taylor, one of their Chief Race Engineers was working for American Spirit Team Johanssen and Ryan Hunter-Reay in Cart.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 16 Mar 2003, 03:40 (Ref:537776)   #9
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio Rinland was the man behind the twin-keel trend. He designed the 2001 Sauber (the car that ignited their recent competitive form) and then moved to Arrows. There he produced last years A23; in my opinion a brilliant but underdeveloped car. I don't know why no current teams have snatched him up, maybe his contract is tied up in Arrows's legalities. I would like to see him produce a car with a proper budget behind him.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Mar 2003, 05:49 (Ref:537809)   #10
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is truly a sad story. The car coulda/shoulda been grerat the team that doeshave the sense to pick up Rinland will have a surprise instore
Old 16 Mar 2003, 06:19 (Ref:537815)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Coughlan(technical director) works for Mclaren now, and a number of Arrows mechanics now work on Mclarens 2nd testteam.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 21:53 (Ref:538389)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to all the parts, I heard they were auctioned off. Would be kinda nice to have a chassis or an engine to play with, supposedly the engines went for less than 10g's each
Old 16 Mar 2003, 22:14 (Ref:538398)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I know Rinland remains unemployed, which is indeed a shame. A lot of the ground-floor design and engineering assistants are unemployed still, but its good that most of the mechanics have followed Mike Coughlan.

Bernoldi's sponsorship makes him an attractive choice, maybe he will take it to CART though, as his F1 record was not that impressive. Which races did he retire in while looking good for points? I can only think of Silverstone last year, but tiredness may be over-ruling my memory.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 01:35 (Ref:538510)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I wonder what happened to TW? :confused:
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:50 (Ref:539441)   #15
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
As far as I know Rinland remains unemployed, which is indeed a shame. A lot of the ground-floor design and engineering assistants are unemployed still, but its good that most of the mechanics have followed Mike Coughlan.

Bernoldi's sponsorship makes him an attractive choice, maybe he will take it to CART though, as his F1 record was not that impressive. Which races did he retire in while looking good for points? I can only think of Silverstone last year, but tiredness may be over-ruling my memory.
Spain and Austria both spring to mind. You could also include Monaco as he could have finished in the points were it not for Massa crashing into him.

Bernoldi - the unluckiest driver of 2002
Old 18 Mar 2003, 10:25 (Ref:539942)   #16
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TWR have gone under as well - I think TW will be facing the unpleasantness of facing the insolvency service and ultimately prosecution...
Old 18 Mar 2003, 16:05 (Ref:540252)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The judge decided last month that companies now can go after TW himself, so Cosworth, HHF,Jos and all the others can now sue him personaly for the money...........

the judge also said: "Mr Walkinshaw seems to think he's a good buissines man, I have another opinion"