Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:14 (Ref:719811)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10/10ths' F1 Competition question...

Maybe this can be answered by my good friend R

If I'd bet on Ralf Sch. for Monza GP, Marc Gene's P5 pays some dividend ?

Thanks.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:18 (Ref:719819)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it does, but I stand to be corrected. R might not be around till the weekend, so this is not an official answer!!!!

The rules are here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=34332
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:32 (Ref:719843)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Can't see any rule on that area...

PS: Some tire rules spring to my mind, don't know why...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:41 (Ref:719860)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a 10-10ths comp. conspiracy!!! cool!!
Imagine if a guy loses or wins the championship by 1 pt. and he had bet on Ralf. "R" and Adam this is a BIG DECISION
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:45 (Ref:719868)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you bet Ralf, you bet Ralf. Gene is not Ralf, therefore no points (this from someone who also predicted a top 8 finish for Ralf).
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:53 (Ref:719886)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfair, the change took place after all bets were closed.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:55 (Ref:719891)   #7
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Gene was not on the drivers list until Saturday..., it'll be a tough decision, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:57 (Ref:719897)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well everyone will suffer the same or gain the same so I don't see the problem.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:02 (Ref:719903)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frankly, i don't give a rats ass what happens.
1 point more or less won't cost me any sleep.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:03 (Ref:719906)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Unfair, the change took place after all bets were closed.
So, Trulli broke down on lap 1. That was unfair too!
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Can't see any rule on that area...
Yeah, thought you could look yourself
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
PS: Some tire rules spring to my mind, don't know why... [/B]
They'll be no going over old results either
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:29 (Ref:719944)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess, I am the one to clarify this.

Marc Gene is not on the driver's list - although I thought about putting all test drivers there - and as he was confirmed only on Saturday, no one predicted about his position.

So we have 2 solutions :

1 - Give Marc Gene's 5th place to Ralf, for everyone who predicted Ralf in the top 8. (I don't think it will be fair, but once everyone agrees...)
2 - The 5th place for the Italian GP will be discarded, therefore, nobody will make points for that. (That's fair because predicting Ralf and he didn't race, means 0)

Last edited by Bononi; 15 Sep 2003 at 19:34.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:32 (Ref:719947)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I vote no.2 (and I had Ralf)! If this is what we are doing.

It is no different from retiring in the race.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:39 (Ref:719956)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
ditto
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:42 (Ref:719962)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Bon's #2 idea seems the most logical and fair (and I also had ralf).
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:57 (Ref:719976)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama

PS: A poll can help. Can't change the thread, though.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:59 (Ref:719979)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You seem to be under the illusion that this is a democracy

(I realise I started the 'voting')

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Sep 2003 at 20:01.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 20:02 (Ref:719987)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Bugger...
Old 15 Sep 2003, 20:56 (Ref:720040)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You'll now predict the polesitter plus the top 8 finishers in each race
Ralf didn't finish the race, hence you didn't predict correctly. It's kinda unfortunate that he didn't start it either but rules is rules... you should have picked someone else
Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:20 (Ref:720062)   #19
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but can we give some credit to the fact that they predicted the car would do well, because that was probably part of the thoughts that went through heads when they made the selection. Like, MS is a safe bet in a ferrari butputting him in a minardi makes points unlikely so that would leave open the POV that part of the predictions are based on the car, not just the driver.

(PS I don't remember where I put him so I'm not being biased I hope)
Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:41 (Ref:720080)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is one of those things that can happen over a GP weekend. No different than making your choice based on whether you think a car would blow up or a driver would throw it off the road.

If a driver changed teams over a weekend. Unlikely, yes, but nearly happend with Frentzen, Arrows and Jordan last year. Which choice would count, the Jordan seat he took over, or the driver Frentzen, or both?

No, Ralf didn't finish the race in the top eight, Gene did. Ralf's world championship points haven't increased either.

Sorry.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 00:51 (Ref:720200)   #21
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well not that it matters, but every other competition I play in gives you the replacement driver, and I would agree with that. Does'nt bother me either way, I have'nt played them for 3 or 4 months
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:34 (Ref:720563)   #22
Eau Rouge Flat
Rookie

Eau Rouge Flat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't want to be a pain in the proverbial but I have a couple of queries about the Fans Competition results.

Shouldn't the answer to Q3 be M Schumacher, JP Montoya, Rubens Barrichello and K Raikkonen? Jarno Trulli is not credited with completing the first lap (according to Autosport).

Also, shouldn't the answer to Q4 be David Coulthard? Prior to the Monza GP David had 45 points to Michael's 72, giving him a mathematical (although unrealistic) stab at the WDC, making him a contender.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 13:11 (Ref:720696)   #23
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also had Ralf and it's not a tragedy if I lose a point; at the same time I'm not convinced that it's like the case of Trulli; any driver known to be running may have accidents, but giving up just before the first quals is different.
Gene was second williams driver, and his points count for the WCC as much as those of Ralf, so he's a whole replacement of him in any sense.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 13:15 (Ref:720698)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm glad to say that for now we're gonna stick to the 2nd option. I'm unable to speak to R, but it won't change anything.

Any other complains, suggestions or ideas should be sent via PM to the mods.