Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Dec 2003, 17:14 (Ref:816248)   #1
NSU27
Rookie

NSU27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeking info on vintage transporter

Hopefully this information will get to the right person.

I have a 1969/70 British 2 car race car transporter built in England on a British Ford 56 Passenger bus chassis. The chassis number is BC04JB6822R226. Model Number is R225. It is a left hand drive chassis. Wheelbase is 226". Engine Ford Industrial Turbo Diesel, 363 CID, 150HP. The coachword was done by Reall Coach Builders, Ltd and Boyne coachworks.

I am trying to document it's history. I have been told that it was built in 1969 for March Engineering formula Two Racing Team by Ford Motor Co. Ltd. However I have not been able to substantiate that information. I have also been told that while Lister used Ford vehicles in the early years, they might have used this one. I believe that the original vehicle was either red or blue, maybe with yellow trim.

Any help or leads that you may be able to supply would be most appreciated. Photo attached. I can e-mail photos when requested

Thanks...Bill Allen sales@upfrontcoolers.com