Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2000, 05:04 (Ref:43833)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mosley suggested to Dennis that if he could do better at running the sport he should leave the current Formula One championship and start his own series with his own rules and complaint procedures.

"As long as you met safety rules, the FIA would be happy to sanction you," said Mosley.
Robyn SCHMIDT,
I think we will see a more quiet Ron at Malaysia.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 08:57 (Ref:43847)   #2
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What in god's name make you think that ?!
Old 21 Oct 2000, 09:33 (Ref:43857)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A mad man remains mad even if someone tells him that he would be shot at.
A playful boy will remain stealing apples from his neighbours even if the old hag in there chases him out before.
A paranoid ron would remain paranoid and complain even when FIA offers to show him the door.
Being a top team's manager is a mentally torturing job, and well, Ron is proving that point.
He really needs to calm down abit and stop behaving as if the world has turned against him. Thankfully, he treats Mika nice. I cant really imagine how life would be like for poor o Mika if Ron calls Mika at night to complain!
Old 21 Oct 2000, 10:00 (Ref:43860)   #4
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are two incidents that had prompted Mosley's outburst.

First was the mini-revolt that Dennis had plotted to unseat him. Second incident was the criticism he made on the apponitment of an Italian race steward during Japan GP becos Dennis was indirectly hinting that the race have been fixed.

Dennis did respone in KL but that was an apology so everthing 's cool now.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 00:30 (Ref:43968)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Mosley asked the following question in his letter concerning the criticism of the appointment of Italian lawyer Roberto Causo as a steward: 'Do you not see the absurdity of your position?'

Dennis answered with: 'I would be deeply distressed if any of my comments over the course of the weekend were to have been interpreted as anti-Italian or disrespectful to Mr Causo. I was most careful to explain that I was sure that Mr Causo would act in a wholly correct manner in his position as a steward of the meeting. However clearly some journalists believed that Mr Causo acted for the Automobile Club of Italy and supported Ferrari during their appeal following the 1999 Malaysian Grand Prix.'

He continued by saying: 'His appointment therefore as a steward at such a critical event became a subject of debate on which I was asked to respond. If any of my comments were misinterpreted so as to cause embarrassment to Mr Causo then I wholeheartedly apologise.'

Mosley's letter went on: 'Instead of attacking the FIA, you should be grateful that you have a governing body which attempts to prevent difficulties from arising rather than try to deal with them when it is too late. If you think you could do better you can (as I have already suggested to you) start your own series with your own sporting and technical rules....'.
'What you should not do, however, is enter our Formula One world championship on whose rule-making body you sit and whose regulations and procedures have been known to you for more than 30 years and then undermine it by constantly complaining to anyone in the media who will listen.'

Dennis replied that it had not been his intention '...to damage a sport to which I have devoted most of my working life.'

He said that during the Japanese Grand Prix, when approached by journalists to comment on potentially controversial matters, his '...public comments over the course of the weekend will show that I was in fact fair and circumspect.'

Dennis was less apologetic about the drivers briefing at the Japanese grand prix and responded with: 'We believed that it was possible his statements in the drivers' briefing could impact upon the legitimate use of team orders at a time when such tactics might be of more benefit to our team. I hope that I understand the complexity of Formula One and I believe that the FIA administer a well-run sport. I will however contact you directly to discuss all of these matters and I hope that I can put any comments that I have made into their true context.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 01:18 (Ref:43977)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this time Max has a kick coming. Ron Dennis is becoming well known as a whiney-hiney and crybaby, and people who cry wolf sooner or later are completely ignored even when there really is a wolf.

Perhaps Ron should start his own series and let everyone run McLarens.

Perhaps he could take Craig Pollock with him.
Old 23 Oct 2000, 00:08 (Ref:44157)   #7
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Ron going on about the Championship being fixed in Michael's favour earlier this week? As far as I can see, Michael has one the title fair and square from Mika. He's 17 points ahead, and he's had nine wins and nine poles, which is more than Mika and David put together.
Dhru.