Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2004, 15:21 (Ref:936546)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG performance

For those of you who heard what Reid was saying about how 72 hours ago he was out of a job and that the engine used in the third race, where he came second, was not in perfect working order and along with CT finishing 6th in that race I think congratulation and sponsorship is due to WSR for the fantastic job they have done to probuce the car, engine and chassis, to such a standard. Lets remember that the MG engine is one of the weakest out there and thruxton is the fastest track! Hears to a MG with from CT and AR next time out!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 16:15 (Ref:936582)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well they do have a new engine, the 2.0 4 cylinder model. Was worried though slightly, Reid said it 'blew up' in Race 2 and was overheating all Race 3 - he certainly didn't look compromised though!

Reid was very emotional at the end(so was I) he even gave a mention to xpowerforums (called them the MG Car club though!!) for stumping up some cash to sponsor the team. Very enthusiastic indeed!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 16:43 (Ref:936595)   #3
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about some redshoes racing sponsorship!?!

I really would like to help WSR fund the team, shame i've just lost my job!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 20:11 (Ref:936701)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
And where am I supposed to get that sort of money from

Standing at the chicance for free practice on Saturday it was obvious Reid was on a mission. He didn't let up all weekend
Old 11 Apr 2004, 20:18 (Ref:936706)   #5
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reidy did a great job in a car hes only seen for '72' hours. On the subject of the MG Sponsorship thingy it would be nice if a big company could back the team (someone like Halfords) and after the impressive run today I hope their were companies watching who have taken note.

Redshoes - if everyone put money into a hat and you sent it off to MG from the redshoes forum as sponsorship to show some support would you think about it? (Yes I know, stupid/crazy idea...)
Old 11 Apr 2004, 22:51 (Ref:936818)   #6
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MG Forum of which I am a member, already raised almost 3k for WSR and Jason Hughes, if your 'serious' about donating funds you can contact me, and I will put you in touch with the right guys at WSR.

Kelvin
Old 11 Apr 2004, 23:51 (Ref:936849)   #7
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you reckon the performance today will help sponsorship? Will it make a big difference for MG?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 02:23 (Ref:936915)   #8
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They really need a sponsor, we can't lose MG! Also very sad to see Anthony Reid reduced to practically begging on live TV for money!

I'm surprised there's no interest in the BTCC from communications companies like O2. We've got Vodafone in F1 and Orange used to sponsor Arrows. And also Virgin Mobile have a presence in UK motorsport sponsoring a Superbike team and a Formula Renault team.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:38 (Ref:937012)   #9
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Kelvin - Being almost 16 I havent got alot of money so I wouldnt be able to give any big numbers (I could give £50 tho...)

I thought if redshoes agreed to it, to do something what the MG Forum has done - if everyone gave up some ££ and we had a total around 2.5K or something like that we could hand it to MG as sponsorship. There r loads of memebers of this forum and I bet some of them would love to help. I don't know if its a really silly idea but just thought i'd put my idea across...
Old 12 Apr 2004, 08:09 (Ref:937051)   #10
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
And where am I supposed to get that sort of money from
Being the millionnaire oil tycoon that you are...

It was very sad to Anthony so emotional, he's such a good driver, and important for the championship.

Seeing him on the podium with very plain looking overalls next to the vauxhall guys really made me feel sad for him!

How much would it be to stick a 'redshoes-racing.com' logo on the side of his car?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:17 (Ref:937130)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Standing at the chicance for free practice on Saturday it was obvious Reid was on a mission. He didn't let up all weekend
I would agree with that statement. Reidy was on it from the momment he step in the car on Saturday morning. Turkington on the other hand was a little more laid back. I have a feeling we might see big things from Reid this year, remember the deal was only done 72 hours before the first race.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 10:07 (Ref:937160)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by SPARK Msport
I thought if redshoes agreed to it, to do something what the MG Forum has done - if everyone gave up some ££ and we had a total around 2.5K or something like that we could hand it to MG as sponsorship. There r loads of memebers of this forum and I bet some of them would love to help. I don't know if its a really silly idea but just thought i'd put my idea across...
It's not a complete silly idea, after all it's worked for the X-Power forums, but I do see a few problems. X-Power are obviously all MG fans and judging by amount raised there's all of people involved.

Are there as many MG fans here? What about somebody like Rob Collard, I'm sure he wouldn't say no to some more sponsorship. Peter Briggs is a regular here, how about sponsoring Edenbridge? Judging by the recent comments in other threads there's plenty of Shaun Watson-Smith fans, or perhaps some of you would prefer GA or Varta. The problem will be not only getting enough people but getting enough people to agree on who to support.

Touringcarnut, in answer to your question about how much it depends on how big the logo is, where it's placed, which team/car and how desperate the team are for money. Not an easy one to answer.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:22 (Ref:937217)   #13
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Quote:
Are there as many MG fans here? What about somebody like Rob Collard, I'm sure he wouldn't say no to some more sponsorship. Peter Briggs is a regular here, how about sponsoring Edenbridge? Judging by the recent comments in other threads there's plenty of Shaun Watson-Smith fans, or perhaps some of you would prefer GA or Varta. The problem will be not only getting enough people but getting enough people to agree on who to support.
If it was possible it would be great to give £5K to every team racing this year. Ofcourse all the none manufacture backed teams would love some extra money, for me I'd love to help Rob Collard as last year he really did fund the team by himself. It's just Reidy at the mo seems very high up in the championship, that car is up their with the Vauxhall's and he was begging on live TV for money. He's also a very experienced driver, someone who we need in the BTCC.

On the other hand, who would on this forum give up some money to help WSR? I guess thats down to the members here. But what if there were about 20-30 people who wanted to help out and give up some money for MG...
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:49 (Ref:937247)   #14
ADnet
Racer

ADnet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
id give £50 if they put ma logo on their cars.. lol
"Look at that.... You couldn't kill that vauxhall with a stick - Not a stright Panel left on it!" "Just dragging the remains of the vauxhall down the pit lane - He's turned it into a paperweight" "Can i have a new vauxhall please this ones had it!" <SN 1999>
Old 12 Apr 2004, 17:55 (Ref:937443)   #15
Kelvin
Veteran

Re X-power forums money!
Around 40 people made donations, most around £30, some £50,
a couple even £100. WSR worked out a small 'hospitality' package for those that chipped in.. £1500 was minimum they would accept, and those that are to enjoy the 'hospitality'
will be chosen lottery style. I gladly made donation not expecting anything in return.. if I win the 'hospitality' then that's a bonus. If anyone is still serious about making a 'cash'donation for WSR then perhaps join the X-power forum, I have a suspicion a new fund will be emerging v.soon. You may have seen the new T-shirts worn by the MG supporters, there is also talk of more shirts, with a small profit margin attached to raise money also!

http://www.xpower-mg.com/gallery/sho...php?photo=7299
http://www.xpower-mg.com/gallery/sho...php?photo=7298

(not sure if links will work)

Kelvin

Last edited by Kelvin; 12 Apr 2004 at 18:00.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 17:59 (Ref:937447)   #16
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Kelvin, please could you give me the website address for the X-power forum?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 18:14 (Ref:937459)   #17
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
No worries Kelvin, got the link now.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 18:27 (Ref:937468)   #18
Kelvin
Veteran

Ok SPARK :-)
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:00 (Ref:937936)   #19
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they deserve better, turkington had podium pace in race 1 just a shame he was punted off
Old 13 Apr 2004, 09:20 (Ref:938016)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By Tom Chilton wasn't it ?
Old 14 Apr 2004, 20:10 (Ref:939767)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from today's Motorsport News that Reid only has a budget to do the first 2 rounds of the championship. It also says in MSN that they might field a 3rd car from Silverstone onwards for Alan Blencoe.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 10:17 (Ref:940253)   #22
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen that on the MG forum too. But Blencowe may end up driving a 2nd MG if Reid can't get any more sponsorship. But he did everything right at the weekend to attract potential sponsors, didn't he?

Gordon Shedden is confirmed for the SEAT Cupra Cup for 2004 so no chance of him at either WSR or Arena!
Old 15 Apr 2004, 21:46 (Ref:940940)   #23
chev chenko
Rookie

chev chenko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why did mg pull out when they had a team which could have competed for the championship
Old 16 Apr 2004, 06:13 (Ref:941143)   #24
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a compnay MG/Rover have very severe financial problems. Probably the returns from supporting a team in the btcc are not adequate to justify the costs of taking part.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 08:10 (Ref:941241)   #25
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
I don't think many people have been buying the Road cars, I still see more newer BMW's on the road then newer MG Rover's...