Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Apr 2004, 00:14 (Ref:952978)   #1
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers having thier say!!!

Is what a certain D.J.R driver said at Winton similar in context to an already widely talked about incident with a person of the same last name.
What was the difference with the two verbal outbursts
Old 27 Apr 2004, 01:23 (Ref:953016)   #2
absoloutley
Rookie

absoloutley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absoloutley, couldn't agree more. You would think that a driver who has burned his way thru, Young Lions, JFR, GSR, Baps, Morris's, Smiths, and FPV, would be smarter with his mouth. Although anyone who knows him would know otherwise.

Especially when his driver of choice has soundly thrashed him whenever they have raced.

You would think he should be more concerned with trying to keep up with his less experienced team mate!

I think it's obvious who the Goose is. If AVESCO doesnt do something about it, Dick Should!
Old 27 Apr 2004, 03:12 (Ref:953056)   #3
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone help me here what are we talking about.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 03:40 (Ref:953071)   #4
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they are talking about Steve Owen's move on Owen Kelly in the first Konica race at Winton.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 04:27 (Ref:953083)   #5
Big Voice
Racer

The on screen outburst of the driver of car 71 regarding the incedent with Steve Owen.
And the Kmart number Two drivers outburst at Clipsal (who has been fined has he not)...similar styles only one has been repremanded regarding his outburst.
All I want to see is a consistancy with Cams regarding these out bursts......I myself don't think that there is anything wrong with any of the drivers comments but what is "good for the goose" as Dick said is good for the gander.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 04:43 (Ref:953085)   #6
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What were his words?

RK got fined, not for the actual outburst, but for his actual choice of words...we wouldn't want another court case would we?
Old 27 Apr 2004, 05:41 (Ref:953097)   #7
V8 Superdave
Racer

V8 Superdave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree there needs to be consistency.... it can't be shoved aside just coz this is the Konicas, and not the main game. It doesn't matter from which side of the fence the "goose" originates.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 09:09 (Ref:953229)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While Mr Kelly is looking at a steaming heap of race car, perhaps it helps him to externalise his anger at other people, when in reality his driving style, and attempt at testing the bombproof nature of the cars he drives was focused at a relatively soft target.

I just wonder how this driver feels to have a relative unknown rookie teammate as the only DJR driver still in the hunt for the series title.

Makes you think too that perhaps the emphasis inside DJR will now shift to Jose, to get the series happening, rather than the perenially unlucky (and fast building a reputation as a car breaker) Owen Kelly...
Old 27 Apr 2004, 11:56 (Ref:953417)   #9
absoloutley
Rookie

absoloutley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondered when u would wiegh in GTR!
The phrase "he who lives in glass houses surley applies here"

It s a shame to see O.K present him self on TV in such a manner.

Steve Owen is no goose, opinions may vary on the passing move at Winton, but you cant just go on National TV and say that "thats what you should expect....he drove that way in FFord etc etc".

I remember several short cars, as late as Bathurst and Mallala last year under the control of O.K.

No one is claiming Steve Owen to be perfect, but at least he was diplomatic and professional.

One day, perhaps O.K. will realise that it's not all bad luck that see's him "Snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory" far too many times for a driver of his experience.

All you get from digging the dirt, is Dirty.......
Old 27 Apr 2004, 12:48 (Ref:953499)   #10
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does someone in the paddock at Winton after a Konica race bring the sport into disrepute? A high profile driver at the AGP (the biggest audience that the V8s race infront of) can bring the sport into disrepute very easily because everyone is listening!

I thought what Owen Kelly said was bloody funny! I love the Konica's because it is so good for quotes. Stuff like after Andy Jones got pushed off by Wayne Wakefield, he steps out of the car, gritts his teath and says "Jeeez, there are some real cowboys out there". There are some real characters in the Konica's. And those reverse grids are insane!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 23:56 (Ref:954011)   #11
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is amusing to watch some of the reactions to getting touched up. Although some of them act a bit precious about it.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 11:06 (Ref:954468)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Owen Kelly's comments were broadcast on the same national television network that Mr Rick Kelly also used... that the audience was arguably smaller isnt really the point... each Kelly described the incident they were involved in as being done deliberately by the other driver, which implies intent... which should be a fineable offence.

I wondered in 2003 whether the car failures on the Smiths Trucks car was a function of preparation, equipment age, or indeed sheer bad luck, but based on the engine and transmission damage caused in 2004, it wouldnt be too hard to point at something else....
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:55 (Ref:955723)   #13
thirty4
Rookie

Australia
Newcastle
thirty4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When comparing the Rick Kelly's GP incident with Owen kelly's Winton one, we are forgetting that it was the Rickter's fault and he was blaming someone else. Steve Owen's last lap move on Kelly boarders on stupidity and was never going happen. Ok, maybe he went a little too far in the interveiw but it was obvious who was to blame was'nt it?
Old 29 Apr 2004, 20:43 (Ref:956095)   #14
Boss330
Rookie

Boss330 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets face it.............................
Who gives a f..k what they said
Get a life
Old 29 Apr 2004, 22:52 (Ref:956216)   #15
Big Voice
Racer

Well Boss330 if you were directly involved with the sport (as I am) you would worry as we all have to play under the same rules as many of us hate the inconsistancy shown by the governing bodies.
I have a life and am qite happy with mine so your rather rude comment about my life was unwarranted and some what lacking in any respect for my self and the others who have discussed this thread.
You may very well need to consider an apology to the others as I really couldn't care what you think.