Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 3 Jul 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1345671)   #1
daredevil
Rookie

daredevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Photo Ops in Australia?

Hi,
My husband's cousin in Australia is interested in getting into motorsport photography but has run into a road block because the V8 Super Cars require CAM Accreditation. It looks like that's pretty much out for him because he has no experience or work to show. As usual - how do you get experience if no one will give you a shot!

Any way, I'm trying to help the guy out and brain storm a little. Can anyone out there shed any light on other motorsport events near Sydney or on the Gold Coast that might be easier to get into so he can get his feet wet?

Any input is appreciated ... thanks.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1345861)   #2
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daredevil

there are plenty of opportunities in wide variety of motorsports.

But as with drivers it might be an idea to start at the grassroots level.

More club based acticities are far more relaxed and accessible than the top professional shows.

But even lack of accreditiation is no bar to getting V8 supercar pictures. It really only restricts the spots around the track you can shoot from.

http://phil-northeast.fotopic.net/ has some of my Australian motorsport phography including V8 supercars shot from public access areas.

Web sites such as www.Kartsportnews.com welcome brief stories,results and photos from kart meetings.

Last edited by philneast; 3 Jul 2005 at 10:37. Reason: complete link
Old 4 Jul 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1347103)   #3
daredevil
Rookie

daredevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Phil - good suggestions! I'll pass them along to my husband's cousin ... mabye he can work his way up.

Thanks for the links and info - fabulous!