Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Jan 2001, 14:53 (Ref:55786)   #1
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport.com have currently got a series of pages on top moments of 2000, in the following categories

Top five Formula 1 moments

Top five NASCAR moments

Top five BTCC moments

Top five sportscar moments

Top five DTM moments

Top five Champ Car moments

Top five world rally moments

This prompts me to ask what were the best moments in any of the above categories you witnessed trackside in 2000?? and secondly what do you think of Autosport's choices??

It could be interesting to see the responses, particularly if the guy from Germany who took the phrase 'trackside' too literally at the F1 is logged onto the Forum.
Old 2 Jan 2001, 22:44 (Ref:55874)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top F1 moment - TGF off at the first corner at Austria, because I was there to see it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (And I even have the very moment on a picture I took... tee hee...)

Aside from that, the rest of the same race, as Gene got ever closer to the points...

Old 5 Jan 2001, 11:14 (Ref:56222)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think almost nothing of Autosports moments. They talk about moments and then go on about seasons...and then the actual moments they have are usually not very good (there are some good ones though).

I'll pick my top 5 things that I was there for (not in order but numbered so I know when to stop)

1. Australian F1 GP. The euphoria after the race when Ferrari came 1-2. There was just a sea of red on pit straight...amazing feelings throughout the entire track.

2. Bathurst 1000. Well it is an event everyone should experience. From the drunks on the hill to the anticipation of the start when 10am Sunday rolls around....the rain just made it a wet experience.

3. AROCA 6 Hour. This is a club level event and the team I was with finished 5th on handicap

4. Honda Indy 300. Pit lane access! Nothing like it, being so close to these cars when they pit...and the whole event in general.

5. Now this last one is part of the 300, but at the same time not. Basically when I interviewed a number of drivers (mainly V8 Supercar) at the event. John Bowe, Glenn Seton and Jason Bright were the best personally, but then there was also Craig Lowndes he was great, as great as the others...ah they were all good
Old 5 Jan 2001, 11:32 (Ref:56226)   #4
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was'nt it at Austria that TGF developed FCP?

First
Corner
Phobia

Old 5 Jan 2001, 12:08 (Ref:56233)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with the elephant man here. Being in Melbourne to see a Ferrari 1-2 was truly awesome. That night we went down to the Italian district for dinner au fresco, it was the biggest street party you've ever seen, mad cheering Italians everywhere! Lots of Ferraris cruising too

Also having pitane access at Gold Coast indy was pretty cool, but not as cool as having Larry Perkins rocket past as I drove down the front straight.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 14:19 (Ref:56266)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did I forget? Mazzacane running 3rd at Indy.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 21:47 (Ref:59095)   #7
Priv GT
Rookie

Priv GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys but

My best moment of 2000
Pitlane of Le Mans during final night qualifying on the Thursday at around 10:45pm. Fantastic watching the prototypes whistle into the lane and watch as they scream out again at terminal velocity. Pure magic. In fact, the whole night qualifying session was pretty amazing.

Adam