Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2004, 07:56 (Ref:999367)   #1
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crazy ITV Candian Grand Prix

According to ITV the Candian Grand Prix will be switched over to ITV2 for the last half hour, Because it clashes with some football match. they`d rather hear Des lynam waffle on for half an hour, Good luck France hope you win, the sooner England get knocked out the better, Plus Rugby is 10 times better.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:08 (Ref:999422)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I've got Freeview. Otherwise I'd be seething...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:28 (Ref:999435)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully this will be just the 'analysis'. Although I bet Jim will be seething as he'll miss the football!

The race starts at 17:30 and kick-off is at 19:45 so there shouldn't really be a problem. The foorball coverage starts at 19:15 and the race should be over by then. Red flags and SCs notwithstanding.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:32 (Ref:999437)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It makes it difficult for those of us who have to video the race to watch later!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:33 (Ref:999438)   #5
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was thinking something similar - in fact the timings of everything should work out nicely - Le Mans finishes at 4pm (local?), Canada GP starts 5.30 UK, football 7.45 UK.

And I think Speed Sunday are showing some of Le Mans on ITV - haven't checked the schedules yet, but any Le Mans at all on terrestrial tv will be a bonus...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 09:34 (Ref:999440)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Le Mans is 4pm local. That is 3pm in blighty. It has worked out well hasn't it?
Old 10 Jun 2004, 10:35 (Ref:999503)   #7
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
half your luck! Over here -Moto GP at 11.30pm, Le Mans finishes at midnight - no TV, Radio Le Mans will have to do, then the GP at about 2.00 a.m. - but it is a public holiday on Monday - for the Queen's birthday - which was in April (??!!).
Old 10 Jun 2004, 10:39 (Ref:999506)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the Queen's official birthday this weekend.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 10:43 (Ref:999509)   #9
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The actual birthday date is not important..... we all know what we really care about is.

Last edited by twig; 10 Jun 2004 at 10:44.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:14 (Ref:999544)   #10
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
The actual birthday date is not important..... we all know what we really care about is.
Eh?:confused:
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:26 (Ref:999555)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Shame we don't get a day for the Queen's (official) birthday. It is actually The Duke of Edinburgh's birthday today. Happy birthday to you Sir and Happy Birthday (officially) to you too Maam.

All this is off topic, but it looks like ITV aren't doing anything bad with our TV times and the race. Good on them for putting something on ITV2 to give us a bit more after the race. Shame the coverage will still be of poor quality.

*climbs on to hobby-horse*
Half an hour more of Ben Edwards, now that would be worthwhile

Last edited by Adam43; 10 Jun 2004 at 11:26.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:32 (Ref:999559)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
I was thinking something similar - in fact the timings of everything should work out nicely - Le Mans finishes at 4pm (local?), Canada GP starts 5.30 UK, football 7.45 UK.

And I think Speed Sunday are showing some of Le Mans on ITV - haven't checked the schedules yet, but any Le Mans at all on terrestrial tv will be a bonus...
The start and finish of Le Mans are on ITV. In total there will be 5 hours coveage on ITV which is great.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:41 (Ref:999561)   #13
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has any terrestrial channel ever showed anything close to 5 hours of Le Mans before? Kudos to ITV for that.

Losing a bit of post-race coverage isn't a major issue - it's not usually all that good anyway, and we can catch up with interviews, retirement reasons etc on here, as well as have more informed and heated debate about everything that happens.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:45 (Ref:999563)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Come on, it IS England France in the European Championships... The tournament only happens once every 4 years, and ITS ENGLAND FRANCE fer crissake!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:47 (Ref:999564)   #15
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Seems like my weekend's sorted then...

By the way JAG, are you a Wiganite then?

Come on the REAL Latics!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1000036)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon

By the way JAG, are you a Wiganite then?

Come on the REAL Latics!
So your a Wigan fan too

Last edited by JAG; 10 Jun 2004 at 19:43.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1000041)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You cant blame ITV... fact is majority of viewers would rather watche footy than F1.... and it is ENG VS FRA in a major tournament... doesnt happen very often.
Cant blame ITV for being concerned with viewer ratings
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1000053)   #18
Gforce
Rookie

Gforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well don't know what im going to do! Myself i would have video the game or what not, and watched f1! oh well if michael gets the first corner its all over anyway so its prob a good thing!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1000101)   #19
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
So your a Wigan fan too
(Last off topic post I promise!! )

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

I ain't no pie-eater! I'm Oldham, mate. Born and bred (ok, reared).

May I suggest the Football thread(s) in Parc Ferme to discuss further? Before Adam gets shirty...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1000124)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All this talk of being reared is making me uneasy...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1000142)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Says a man of Cumbria - where the men are men and the sheep are careful...

Anyway, back to ITV (sorry Adam!!)... anyone got access to/can be bothered to look up a full schedule of sport on ITV this weekend?!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1000143)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Football...football...if it weren't for the fact I like football, I'd be dead annoyed!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1000151)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not just football.

There's loads of Le Mans and F1 on too.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1000160)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What do you mean LOADS of F1? 2 hours and 15 minutes?!? That's paltry lad!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1000168)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

FULL SCHEDULE COMING...Hang on