Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Jun 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1324899)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
team strengths

Looking down the entry list, there are lots of names I don't know, or more especially, don't know to be good;
So who do you think has the worst entry (not necessarily the worst car), also who are you disappointed in, and who do you think we should look out for?

personally I'm underwhelmed by the Cirtek entries (Mr Bou. excepted)- though credit is due to the team for getting three entries

Seikel look like they're paying the rent and not headed for 6th overall

Mirko Savoldi in the Lucchini- this team has won an ISRS or SRWC race outright if I'm not mistaken?

I'm disappointed not have Herbert and Babini, to name but a few
Old 10 Jun 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1324904)   #2
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lucchini has been withdrawn.

The drivers on the Cirtek 360 Ferrari are pay drivers , kinda slow. Dont expect anything from them despite surviving. The two russians on the 550 are not that bad , allthough not quite as fast as Mr. Bochut.

My personal underdog favorite is the Raymond Narac Porsche. Raymond Narac and Sebastian Dumez are really fast and experiecend and Romain Dumas is the icing on the cake.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1324916)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
One of last year winner is missing too... Dindo, where are you ?
Old 10 Jun 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1324979)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Cirtek are no longer involved in the "Intersport" Courage C65, I believe; it's Epsilon running it now.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1324980)   #5
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed on the Narac Porsche... should race and finish well. I wasn't aware of the Lucchini's absence... how many cars will we have now??
Old 10 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1325003)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella
agreed on the Narac Porsche... should race and finish well. I wasn't aware of the Lucchini's absence... how many cars will we have now??
49... 'till further notice...

Back to topic : the "good" Panoz (not the one with the paying pilots) should be in the pace too...
Old 10 Jun 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1325037)   #7
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

Back to topic : the "good" Panoz (not the one with the paying pilots) should be in the pace too...
At least in the open hours , i dont expect them to survive the night.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1325039)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There will be 50 though for the race? Surely there's a reserve that can replace the withdrawn car.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1325044)   #9
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
There will be 50 though for the race? Surely there's a reserve that can replace the withdrawn car.
No. There was only one reserve and that was the second Spyker. But it didnt run at the Testday so it cant take the 50th spot now.

No other reserve can slip in , its 49 cars for the race (or less..)
Old 10 Jun 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1325092)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why have they withdrawn the Lucchini at such a late stage?
Old 10 Jun 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1325093)   #11
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Why have they withdrawn the Lucchini at such a late stage?
Because they couldnt solve their gearbox problems. They used up one gearbox during the first test session and the second one was close to failure after the second session.

So it makes no sense to start into a 24h race with that kind of problems.
Old 11 Jun 2005, 02:13 (Ref:1325213)   #12
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not true at all

After spending so much money I would get a new gearbox and put some miles on the car so that I can find more problems. Otherwise it's a waste of milions of dollars that a lot of teams do.

Andrzej
Old 11 Jun 2005, 03:36 (Ref:1325275)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It amazes me how far Lucchini has seemed to have fallen.......

A few years ago, their SR2 car seemed to run very well...they go up to this new level with the LMP2 only to miss starts on registrations last year, running poorly in their limited showings, then face this problem after getting a bid to the Big Show.

My question is, when will they pull it together???

and more important, HOW will they pull it together???

Others in Europe cause me consternation....

Nasamax....They took the bold step...had stumbles for certain in their first year, but once they got the 5.0 Judd and made the move to the Hybrid, they seemed to turn it all around...only to hit another roadblock and now are nowhere to be seen...and had to withdraw...

Lister.....the prototype soap opera over the past few seasons....I believe they will bounce back from the disappointment of not getting a bid, but how much $$$ was contingent on an LM run for the rest of this season???

The Taurus Diesel....bold step..I admire their guts...but as of now, the question is "Where are they now???"

I have no idea...just wondering...not being critical....

RfH...they've been an LM only for two consecutive seasons....will we see them beyond June 19th this year???

I read how they will be in a new chassis next season...but they have struggled BIG TIME for $$$...

Jim Gainer seems to be the Dome-supported effort now....they seem to have it together thus far....and with the package they have and the lineup they have, it seems to fit the Dome model better than Jan's team does....IMO

What did Jan's past efforts (strong one at LM in recent years, not to mention the FIA-SCC title in 2003..even though the fields weren't that big or strong) get him from Dome???? Another team is in the hybrid...he is still in his same chassis he has run for years, with a token update here and there....

Where is the payoff from Dome for his loyalty, and for that commitment to their car???

Don't know if I buy the news from RfH...I think it was put out there to create a buzz...to see if they could generate some interest and some investors....

Hope the gambit works.....

On another front, I hope that Zytek can move forward with a new specs car....and more important, pick up some interest in North America, where I believe they would thrive, after watching the car run at Mid-Ohio....

I'd love to see someone with some vision help fund them for maybe a shot at Portland, plus PLM and Laguna...because I still believe they would be the car to beat on most North American tracks....and Mid-Ohio only reinforced that notion for me....

But I also look over here on this side of the pond....I believe things will get better from some news we have gotten.....but right now, the car counts are needed to get through the transition....

The quality is quite good...in fact, very good....the quantity is not as strong as it should be...

I hope that can be changed by some motivated people with vision who want to be involved....teams, builders, drivers, and people who can connect them with sponsors....

I hope they get their chance to make their mark and to contribute....especially the builders...both here and in Europe...who have taken the steps to move up...

Radical, Titan, Hartham, Panhard, Juno, are some that come to mind....

Sorry for the musings...but until more new specs cars become tangent, and the ACO's list quits shriveling from the day they announce it each year, I just hope for some stability in Europe, and for some signs of future growth for this sport here...

both can, and probably will happen, from the news we have been getting this year...I just hope that it pans out...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Jun 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1325501)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The image I get from reading that - seems to say so many people having problems with new or slightly unreliable cars this year - given time and money to put things right, shouldn't this, in theory, make for a great Le Mans race in 2006?

I do hope the likes of RfH run their car in the remainder of the LMES - If I can get to the Silverstone round then it would be one of the highlights of my day! Also disappointed that Lister aren't at LM this year - I've been a big fan of Lister for a long time, and their LMP was running pretty well at Spa until it broke, so a bit of a shame they don't get a chance to try and shine at LM...

As for Zytek, I think everyone on here has said enough about them - shame they're not at Le Mans, but then again it would be better with a newer car.
Old 11 Jun 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1325747)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It really ****** me off when teams withdraw at this late stage, no matter what their problems. That was a place which other more deserving teams could and should have benefited from. With their virtually non-existent history at Le Mans, how the heck did they get entry (that famous old question......). Teams ought to fined if they withdraw so late that a reserve cannot take their place. They certainly shouldn't get a sniff of an entry from the ACO again (at least until such time as they prove their reliability - all all senses of the word).
Old 12 Jun 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1326068)   #16
Zagato
Rookie

Zagato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucchini problems

I had a long chat with sam Hignett earlier this year and one of the things we discussed at length was options for the Team next year possibly in LMP2 and choice of Chassis if they go that way. The LMP2 that impressed Sam most was the Lucchini but its weak point which ruled it out of consideration is the Gearbox. Courage was the possibly slight favorate over Lola but the new Pilbeam was a possibility. Now that it has appeared it looks a very nice car.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1326077)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato
I had a long chat with sam Hignett earlier this year and one of the things we discussed at length was options for the Team next year possibly in LMP2 and choice of Chassis if they go that way. The LMP2 that impressed Sam most was the Lucchini but its weak point which ruled it out of consideration is the Gearbox. Courage was the possibly slight favorate over Lola but the new Pilbeam was a possibility. Now that it has appeared it looks a very nice car.
Interesting that Sam saw the gearbox frailty coming!

Have to say I like the Pilbeam option. I still think Pilbeam rather than Zytek when someone refers to the team. Most importantly though, I'm pleased to hear the team plan to continue in endurance racing in 2006. Come the end of each season you always wonder which of the smaller outfits will return the following year.