Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jun 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1317149)   #1
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Overtaking move of the year so far

what do you guy and gals think is the overtaking move of the year?
Some suggestions....
Micheal Schumacher on Jenson Button at Imola going through Veriante Alta and Jarno Trulli on Giancarlo Fisichella at Monaco through Loews are some which come to mind. Please suggest some others and the mods may post a poll .
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1317168)   #2
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either Nick Heidfeld on Fernando Alonso at Monaco, or the sequence between Mark Webber, Ralf Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld at Sepang. (but that's not really one maneuver)

I didn't think Trulli's move on Fisichella at Monaco was that great at all. He bounded over the curbs, recklessly broke his suspension and consequently was forced to pull off several corners later.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1317201)   #3
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques on Massa at Monaco !
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1317212)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
I think that was more of an undertaking move.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1317231)   #5
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
Either Nick Heidfeld on Fernando Alonso at Monaco, or the sequence between Mark Webber, Ralf Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld at Sepang. (but that's not really one maneuver)

I didn't think Trulli's move on Fisichella at Monaco was that great at all. He bounded over the curbs, recklessly broke his suspension and consequently was forced to pull off several corners later.
I'm with you, the Heidfeld / Alonso pass at Monaco was superb. Heck ANY pass at Monaco on the track is amazing.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1317236)   #6
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually liked Trulli's effort at Monaco, although it didn't pay off very well But I think Trulli is a fantastic driver, much better than most believe, and that was a great idea - although of course the realization was not the best possible
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1317246)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with the suggestions above.

Michael's move on Button at Imola was superb. Backmarker or not that is not an easy place to do it. Wow.

Heidfeld's move on Alonso was also top draw. The thing that stands out was that it was spot on. He hit the apex perfectly during the move.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1317250)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NH on Alonso at Monaco, got to be.

Though top marks for effort on Trulli's part, his move while unsuccessful in the long run definitely unlocked that little scrap, which definitely helped the race from a viewing standpoint.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1317252)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trulli at Monaco? Ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1317258)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld on Alonso at Monaco for sure.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1317268)   #11
Mark Edwards
Rookie

Mark Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about DC at the first corner last weekend? Sure there was a bit of a pile-up going on, but he kept himself clean and going from 12th to 4th is certainly a move that deserves to be discussed on this thread!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1317269)   #12
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I agree with the suggestions above.

Michael's move on Button at Imola was superb. Backmarker or not that is not an easy place to do it. Wow.

Heidfeld's move on Alonso was also top draw. The thing that stands out was that it was spot on. He hit the apex perfectly during the move.
I also agree. I'd choose Michael's pass because it was more risky. He showed no hesitation and it looked very good on TV. And yes Heidfeld's pass was perfectly executed and I think FA was equally impressed.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1317320)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heidfelds move on Alonso at Monaco in my book, is the best move. Not a snatched brake, not a hint of a lurid slide, no bustling at the wheel, just sheer poetry in motion.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1317411)   #14
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I very much enjoyed the Webber-Heidfeld-Schumacher shenanigans at Sepang, actually.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1317551)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quick Nick at Monaco thank you, superb pass
Old 2 Jun 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1317553)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
I very much enjoyed the Webber-Heidfeld-Schumacher shenanigans at Sepang, actually.
Yeah, I reckon that was the best racing of the season so far.

What about Michael on Button at Nurburgring into the fast left-hander last week? We didn't get a great shot of it on the telly, but it must have been a hell of a move.

Heidfeld at Monaco and Michael on Rubens at Monaco were good passes also.

My favourite is probably Webber around the outside of Sato at Tosa on the first lap at Imola? That was gutsy and very skillful.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1317562)   #17
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is, Schumacher's moves don't quite impress me as much anymore - he's a 7-time world champion, for crying out loud. What's most impressive is when he gets overtaken...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1317580)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
The thing is, Schumacher's moves don't quite impress me as much anymore - he's a 7-time world champion, for crying out loud. What's most impressive is when he gets overtaken...
True, but I am loving watching him dicing with the field as opposed to skipping away in the distance. He has always been a masterful racer, and this difficult period for Ferrari is helping to re-build that image.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1317583)   #19
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any overtaking is impressive these days unfortunately...

DKGandBH
Old 2 Jun 2005, 03:43 (Ref:1317635)   #20
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JV was pretty good in Imola!
and..."Jacques on Massa at Monaco "
lol
Old 2 Jun 2005, 03:50 (Ref:1317639)   #21
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres only been about 4 for the year so far hasnt there
Old 2 Jun 2005, 05:41 (Ref:1317662)   #22
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
might as well put massa on DC in Imola in that bin too then
Old 2 Jun 2005, 06:34 (Ref:1317676)   #23
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
might as well put Massa on DC in Imola in that bin too then
Yes that one too! LOL
JV learned from the best!
Old 2 Jun 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1317688)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heidfeld on Alonso at Monaco has to be my choice. It was clean and decisive - no contact, no scrambling through - just impressively surgical.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1317699)   #25
ausracefan
Rookie

Australia
Frankston
ausracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber around the outside of Trulli at Tosa and any of the moves around Monaco