Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Jun 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1339139)   #1
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motogp 2006 - who's in and who's out?

A lot of riders are getting on in age in Motogp. Who will still be here next year? Who won't?

I reckon Bayliss is out which leaves a space at Camel Honda and maybe even Barros is out on his ear although he has won a race this year and would be a good mentor and yardstick for a youngster (Pedrosa, De Puniet, Stoner, the Dove etc).

Biaggi might end up back at Camel though, to make way for Pedrosa. Hayden will probably stay on. Although Melandri could go to Repsol to replace Biaggi who goes to Camel and Pedrosa goes to Telefonica for 2006 alongside Gibernau, and then Repsol after perhaps.

Kenny Roberts is getting worse every season and I think it's high time he went. FOr his sake as well as ours. Yes, the Suzuki is crap but so is Roberts! Hopkins makes it look much better.

Edwards might stay on with Rossi at Yamaha A-team, not so sure about the other two Yamahas. Doesn't seem to be the best team in the world...

Checa and Capirossi are getting on in age but might still have a year or two to go, certainly Capirossi who is like a fine wine!

There are a few top riders who are banging on the door of Motogp in the form of Stoner, Pedrosa, Porto, De Puniet, the Dove and maybe lorenzo. Where will they all go?

I reckon Pedrosa is already guarenteed either Repsol or Telefonica. Stoner could have the help of Doohan (although he is no longer associated with Honda...) in getting a Honda ride. Not sure about the rest. The shame is some of those seats available seem to be like landmines.. re: Camel, b-team yamahas and old Ducatis. Not a good place to find yourself perhaps.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1339176)   #2
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenny Roberts - how long can one person live off one season? Well, 6 years so far.....
Old 24 Jun 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1339196)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
What was going on that season?! I think the Suzuki was able to keep its tyres good to the end without sliding... Roberts does not slide too well.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1339763)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Riders Out the Door

Kenny Roberts Jr.
Carlos Checa
Troy Bayliss

But it seems to be unless you're Rossi on a Yamaha or have a good Honda, you won't do much.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1339832)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins
What was going on that season?! I think the Suzuki was able to keep its tyres good to the end without sliding... Roberts does not slide too well.
There were quite some rainy GP's that season, and Roberts is an excellent wet weather rider.
That's one of the main reasons to how Roberts won the 2000 championship.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1340246)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and finished 2nd in 99 - dont bag him because he was good, but it is time for him to go

bayliss & checa gone - would like to see troy race a superbike again....
Old 26 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1340443)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
David, it was all to do with tyres and the introduction by most teams of the 16.5 inch tyre.
Mr McCoy was the man that really pushed it through then Abe won a race on one on a private bike and everybody started using that tyre.
The RGV that Kenny won the title on worked really well on 17's but was a shocker on 16.5, all the development went with Vale, McCoy etc who were winning races in 2001 and not Kenny, he won the title on a bike that was very well setup and did everything right folr him
But at the same time Mick had packed in, Alex had won his title and I think was starting to struggle with the problem that eventually saw him retire. Vale was new, Max was new on the Yamaha.
Kenny took advantage of the situation and the Michelin tyres that he could develop, the next year with Vale and otehrs coming in Michelin went that way instead of going with Kenny, they tried some stuff but the development just wasnt there from Michelin, so he had to ride on 16.5's and the bike hated them. If you remember he was always quick in qually and in the early laps.
The bike is still basically trhe same, it doiesnt slide well, Suzukis never have!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1347903)   #8
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Vermeulen should be in from WSB.

I believe he is in talks with Randy Mamola regarding management?
Old 5 Jul 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1348002)   #9
hobophobic
Rookie

hobophobic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kennys got to go he cant be arsed and him team boss is getting ****ed at him, and I cant see any other team taking him on.Bayliss will go he said at the begining of the season if he didnt get on with bike he would leave and he's no where near Baross but who do you replace em with?
Old 7 Jul 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1349995)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Kenney will try and get a ride on a Honda or Yamaha, depends whwther he can take the pay cut to ride a customer bike, dont write the guy off just yet, he was better than Sete most of the time on the Suzuki remember and Sete is no slouch, it just depends if he has lost an edge riding the dog for the last few years.

We need Bayliss back in WSB, but I think he might go AMA eitehr on Honda or Duke, Duhamel cant go on anymore, surely!!
Barros will stay til he is eighty!
Xaus has got to go, but then Yamaha might insist he stays coz Tech-3 are making the fairing department a fortune.
What about Pedrosa, will he go straight to Repsol, if it were me I would get rid of the disappointing Max who has had a chance and put Melendri on the Repsol works bike, dunno about Hayden, he seems to be getting a bit more consistent, just not quite on the top end pace. The plnk Dani on the Gibernau sister bike to learn from Sete without too much pressure, all SPanish team and it resolves the Telefonica dispute.
He WILL nee to learn, he is SOOOOOO tiny
Old 8 Jul 2005, 04:27 (Ref:1350095)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, maybe if Telefonica jump ship to Rossi then they could bump Edwards down to Tech-3 replacing Xaus (Like they did to Melandri) - asuming Pedrosa hasn't signed long term with Honda. I think that Max will be out at the end of this year, it was summed up in 2004 when the then Honda top man Doohan said "Is 2004 Biaggi's best chance? No. 1999 and 2000 were Biaggi's chances..."

If Bayliss gets a competitive offer he could go back to WSB (MV Agusta?), I mean he's still what 3 years younger than Frankie.

And I had a thought, Regarding the 800cc rules, why don't they do what they have in Motocross and have 250cc 2 stroke or 400cc 4-Strokes... Then logically it goes 125 - 400 - 800cc? And plus Kawasaki etc make a 400cc so its not like it's completely new technology...
Old 9 Jul 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1351017)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KRJR has surely outstayed his welcome now. Bayliss desperately needs to turn his form around extremely quickly - I expected a lot more of him after eveyrthign taht was said last season about those forks making the differnece right at the end, implying that none of it was Troy's fault.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1351191)   #13
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought KJ would have had a seat at his old man's team?

Does anyone else think it's time Yamaha gave their support to another team to bolster the ranks? Tech-3 have been nowhere this year, leaving only Edwards and Rossi - and more often than not, it's just been Vale - up against the weight of numbers of the Honda armada.

It pains me to say it, but unless Bayliss can start consistently producing good performances soon (i.e. from Laguna onwards), Honda have to dump him. There are far too many kids on their way up and Honda needs to make room for them. As for the other Honda men, Biaggi has done nothing this year - apart from Mugello - and he's in a similar boat. Barros might be getting on a bit, but at least he's currently out-riding Max. I suppose he can always go to Kawasaki and see if they're still interested... Hayden deserves at least one more year with Repsol, but he needs to get a win, or at least start making regular podium appearances. Tamada's currently Japan's great hope, so Honda will want to hang on to him. Honda will almost certainly want to keep Gibernau and Melandri, but if Telefonica decide they want Pedrosa on one of their bikes, he'll probably end up with Hayden at Repsol which would make for an interesting comparison.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1351269)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Right now Bayliss is SMOKIN'!!

Everybody enjoy tomorrow's race and pray for no accidents..

Could be a stunner with Hayden and Bayliss the men to watch. I reckon Rossi might take a back seat here from what I've seen so far. He thinks it's dangerous and has a ridiculously large points advantage. I'd like to see Bayliss get a win before he is turfed out of Motogp.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1351321)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bayliss is one of the guys with an advantage of having raced here before - theoretically that advantage will reduce as the weekend goes on, but I agree that Rossi will probably not go for the win considering his points lead and his (overstated IMO) comments on the danger of the circuit. Edwards may beat him, and it's surely Hayden's best chance to win a race yet.
Old 10 Jul 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1352106)   #16
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Edwards is signed up to be Rossi's teammate in 2006, I hope so as they seem to be the perfect pair at the moment.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1352603)   #17
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone know why the 125s/250s weren't at Laguna Seca?

The yamaha's looked a heck of a lot better in the yellow paint-job.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1353097)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedrosa is slated to be alongside Hayden in the Repsol Hondas, according to the press here... All but signed.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1353373)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The strokers were not at Laguna because I think part of the deal was that the AMA bikes had their bit there with the GP bikes.
AMA were running a full schedule aswell so in reality there wouldnt have been room for them
Old 23 Jul 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1361718)   #20
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im not a mega bike fan but im sure i heared in qualy today that Danny Pedrosa was replacing Melandri at telfonica and Melandri was going to repsol Honda. But it was said in spectulation more than anything else. Paddock gossip. Interesting none the less
Old 23 Jul 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1361719)   #21
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sorry just read Jodi post. I feel stupid now. Anyway im gettin into moto G.P and all that so if im makin meslf sound stupid just ignore me Im still gettin into it a bit. Nice to meet all of you