Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Oct 2007, 21:14 (Ref:2043991)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Half Life: Orange Box tomorrow!

Not a racer, granted, but a terrific new release for 360 and PC tomorrow and PS3 shortly after.

Half Life Orange Box, five games in one. Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1 & 2, Portal and the multiplayer legend that is Team Fortress 2.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...ml?sid=6180714

Why is there a top class release every week now? It's crazy! Pro Evolution Soccer next week!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2044029)   #2
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks brilliant

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26397.html
Old 19 Oct 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2044367)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought Potal on Steam and it is an amazing game, one of the best I've played in years.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2046063)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...The-Orange-Box

To be honest i have the rest on steam already so its not one for me, i still will prefere Team Fortress on the PC

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:47 (Ref:2046070)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks a bit better on a big TV than a cruddy little monitor though.

I had HL2 on PC too. I well remember the hell of trying to get it to run with Steam. Epic once it got going though, a game to cherish forever.

Anyways, I did get Orange Box but am yet to play it.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:40 (Ref:2046147)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you mean once you downloaded 20GB of useless crap :P

My xbox outputs to my monitor anyway (19" of hps finest vs19b) so makes no odds

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 31 Oct 2007, 08:26 (Ref:2055628)   #7
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm yet to grab my copy the orange box.
Will probably buy it through retail channels as I can get a good deal through mates.
Does look ok though.

R4z3rw33n.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2055788)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
/installs steam

Oh noes! My Bandwidths!

Old 31 Oct 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2055841)   #9
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's wrong with Steam?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2055919)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is utter ****.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2056125)   #11
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL, i've never had any problems!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2056145)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I had to go on a six month anger management course after finally getting Half Life 2 to work on my PC a few years back.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2056200)   #13
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Yes, but you're a grumpy ******* most of the time anyway!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 19:42 (Ref:2056202)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Grumpy yes, but not angry.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2056206)   #15
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Get out.

[/domestic]
Old 31 Oct 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2056367)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Steam is rubbish too, to be honest. Although I have had no problems since I re-installed it to buy Portal to be fair.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2056383)   #17
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It is utter ****.
Tsk, tsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I had to go on a six month anger management course after finally getting Half Life 2 to work on my PC a few years back.
Funnily enough there I read a discussion on this very topic on a tech news site last week. I've had a Steam account for absolutely yonks, probably not long after they started. I only use it occassionally though. I must admit it was extremely ropey back then, but I think it has greatly improved in the last couple of years and actually came to my aid recently. I upgraded my machine and decided to do a clean install. I backed up everything I wanted to keep, apart from my steam files! But thankfully when I re-downloaded and installed steam, it let me reinstall all the games I had bought/previously installed by downloading them. It even downloaded HalfLife 2 which I had actually installed from a retail version.

I also like the way you can choose to buy something and just download it. I prefer stuff like that, Rfactor and Live For Speed being examples.

So to me at least it rocks!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2057024)   #18
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Ive had a steam account.... i mean ive had half life since the Won.NET days....