Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Aug 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1695871)   #1
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden Results

Anyone got any results?
Old 28 Aug 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1695875)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evans won the Superfinal. Bellerby won Super-modified final and took the championship.
Sihorton won the BTRDA stockhatch final if I recall, damn he made that car wide! I think he came third in the BRDA final too.
That's about all I can recall, sorry. All unofficial - sometimes I couldn't hear the PA system properly and I didn't write any of it down!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1695886)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sounds about right zac

Some of the ten-tenths drivers in action:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...oto=1000676665

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...oto=1000676673

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...oto=1000676681

Great meeting and even with the brief weather break all the races got run.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 06:43 (Ref:1695989)   #4
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to say "WHAT A SUPERB DAYS RACING" both from the BRDA boys and the CLUBMANS,they all put on a good show,what with the weather conditions.Also now i know why ducks like swimming in rivers.

BB....
Old 29 Aug 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1695992)   #5
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
Would like to add one more thing,the circut staff,without them
the meeting could of been stopped.A big thankyou from me.

BB....
Old 29 Aug 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1696031)   #6
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a bit worrying with the lightning strikes. I was wondering if the power went down whether we would have had to reply on Hamster driven power to keep the meeting going.........

Mind you the impromptu wet T shirt contest from the grid girls was a pleasant diversion.

Yeah I know I'm an old perv.......give a guy a break eh?

Oh - and to the group of lads spectating who saw fit to hurl abuse at me 'cos I didn't let the grid girls under your gazebo rather than usher them to the control post - I've heard every single insult going guys. If you want to do something constructive get yourself some probans and come and play from OUR side of the fence.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1696041)   #7
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
Tell you what hog i heared something about a high flying hampster,
and yes the wet t-shirt competion on the startline was rather good.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1696928)   #8
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather was awsome! Sorry to all those who has their awnings blow away!

I didn't have a great day in terms of results, but in terms of learning my new car it was a very good day!!

Its so different to the old one!

Well done to Steve in the Superfinal!! Well done to Si Horton, you must be loving lydden now after May!

Pats move on Jordan in the supercar A final...bit dirty!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1696973)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Si Horton certainly made that Metro very wide in the final - great stuff, all perfectly clean on both drivers parts and nose to tail all the way around. Great meeting all in all, a big pat on the back to the organisers and well done to the circuit staff for sorting out the lakes and for fixing that big hole in the tyrewll so quickly.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1697065)   #10
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it was a good day, although somewhat fraught at times. Apart from those already mentioned, I thought George Tracey Jnr drove very well to win that final. He got in front a drove very maturely.

And as for the weather, I think that was my fault as it was my call when to bring out the bowser, and after both times it rained not long after DOH!!!!

I though Hog was in the wet t shirt compo too, although I didn't think wet probans were allowed!!!!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1697136)   #11
caravan man
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
caravan man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congrats to Si.
Probably the best i've seen you race and you deserved the win.
Ash was pushing all the way round and as has been said the metro must have seemed 8 foot wide at times.Ash was trying his hardest but just couldn,t get past.Excellent racing to watch.Well done
Shame about the start though we seem to have 2 needlessly damaged cars due to careless driving from "a another".The video speaks for itself,and so does the lack of an gentlemans apology.
Well done to dale for bringing the girls car back in one piece it'll make my life easier when i get home.
See you all at Blyton
Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1697360)   #12
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside Down Bug
I though Hog was in the wet t shirt compo too, although I didn't think wet probans were allowed!!!!
I was sopping mate. Wet Probans. Wet Shorts. Wet Socks. Wet Hog. And all because I gave my waterproofs to the grid girls to try and cover them up.

Who says chivalry is no more eh?

A very enjoyable day though and I hope to be back on the 9th for some oval action.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1697438)   #13
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Firstly thanks for everyones messages, it was such a good feeling to finally get on the top of the podium and also the reception i got from all the other drivers was absolutelly fantastic!!

Secondly, i have to take my had off to Ash Simpson who drove like a true professional. It was a good clean fight (few bumps up the rear to remind me he was there) but he's a credit to the class. I couldn't have got my 20 foot wide metro round lydden much quicker, and he kept me honest all the way!

I might be out of line here slightly, but i do think someone needs to talk to the driver of a certain red 205 that drives like a kamakazi. He cut across the grid at the start of the BTRDA final straight away and damaged the front of ash's car and ploughed into the side of heppy. The resulting accident also caused damage to poor old barmy and garry johnsons cars. 4 cars damaged (barmys badly) because someone decided that they wanted cut across the starting grid

Also, we have some pics of the days action and also a video up on our site now

Si

Last edited by sihorton; 30 Aug 2006 at 10:12.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1697597)   #14
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A big thank you to you all circuit staff, marshal's to C of Cs.
I was pleased not to see flying hamsters though.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1697808)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton
Firstly thanks for everyones messages, it was such a good feeling to finally get on the top of the podium and also the reception i got from all the other drivers was absolutelly fantastic!!

Secondly, i have to take my had off to Ash Simpson who drove like a true professional. It was a good clean fight (few bumps up the rear to remind me he was there) but he's a credit to the class. I couldn't have got my 20 foot wide metro round lydden much quicker, and he kept me honest all the way!

I might be out of line here slightly, but i do think someone needs to talk to the driver of a certain red 205 that drives like a kamakazi. He cut across the grid at the start of the BTRDA final straight away and damaged the front of ash's car and ploughed into the side of heppy. The resulting accident also caused damage to poor old barmy and garry johnsons cars. 4 cars damaged (barmys badly) because someone decided that they wanted cut across the starting grid

Also, we have some pics of the days action and also a video up on our site now

Si
Congrats on the Win Si!

Maybe im wrong here but in the rules dont the cars have to stay in line for a certain distance like the irish championship ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1697860)   #16
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
Dont think theres anything about that over here!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1697878)   #17
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mad Mark retired,again?

Word from Lydden was that Mark had Xsara up for sale? Anyone confirm?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1697951)   #18
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
Don't think so...not what i've heard anyway!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1697969)   #19
caravan man
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
caravan man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dont think theres anything about that over here!
how does this sound ?
"Manoeuvers liable to hinder other drivers such as premature direction changes on the straight,crowding of cars towards the inside or outside of the curve or any other abnormal change of direction are strictly prohibited and will be subject to penalties,ranging from a fine to exclusion from the race"

I'm sure there's something somewhere about holding a your line from the start for a minimum distance as well , but i can't recall at the moment where i've read it.
All the same it is my opinion and of those drivers who expressed their concern it was the type of dangerous,agressive driving that shouldn't be tolerated .
Accidents happen often enough and damage can be costly to repair without someone needlessly creating them.
Thankfully its only twisted metal and no one was hurt.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1698047)   #20
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
I don't agree with that type of driving at all, but I didn't think there was anything set in stone about it in the regs.

In grassing there is a 'crossover board' where you have to stay inline until you pass a certain point.

Obviously, that is easy when everbody starts in a line, but with the grid format in rallycross, if you are someone fast starting from the back you will have to weave a little to avoid running into slower starters!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1698105)   #21
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
I don't agree with that type of driving at all, but I didn't think there was anything set in stone about it in the regs.

In grassing there is a 'crossover board' where you have to stay inline until you pass a certain point.

Obviously, that is easy when everbody starts in a line, but with the grid format in rallycross, if you are someone fast starting from the back you will have to weave a little to avoid running into slower starters!
Im not sure on the exact distance but i think its between 10 and 20 meters (@RM feel free to jump in as im not entirely sure ??) its a resonable distance anyway.

The exeptions are if the car infront becomes stationary (in which case the heat will probably be restarted) or if the car infront holds up the rest of the pack (providing that the people trying to can get past can do so in a safe mannor).

Its not one of those offences where your slapped with points as soon as you do it, generally the COC's do give a bit of slack with it. Obviously the driver will get a dressing down if he continues to do it.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 31 Aug 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1698316)   #22
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
It does seem a hard rule to police, although I agree with caravan man in that the person concerned on Monday took the starting movement thing over the top and that was wrong.

In Ireland are there start observers purly for this type of situation?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1698559)   #23
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
Word from Lydden was that Mark had Xsara up for sale? Anyone confirm?
I can confirm that i will not be selling Xsara its been a problematic season yes being a devleopment car and not running as it has in the past! But i am sticking with it.(however everything is for sale at a price)
I apologise to all fans and supporters for missing my first event this year but we are having problems getting a clutch which we found was shot after knockhill. But we have our ferry booked for Ireland already. Tony Bardy is working away to iron out our teething problems and some testing is on the cards.
I can confirm we will do the full BRC and Super series in 2007 and the intention is to go to the ERC in 2008 if we get the car running as we want!
ALways check www.madmark.co.uk for latest happenings with the team and ou new discussion board if you need to know anything!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1698656)   #24
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
It does seem a hard rule to police, although I agree with caravan man in that the person concerned on Monday took the starting movement thing over the top and that was wrong.

In Ireland are there start observers purly for this type of situation?
Well there not specifically, but in the startin tower there are a number of people (remember you can see everythin perfect on the grid from the tower in mondello).

So if the grid men or someone in the tower spots something it is reported direct to the COC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson
I can confirm that i will not be selling Xsara its been a problematic season yes being a devleopment car and not running as it has in the past! But i am sticking with it.(however everything is for sale at a price)
I apologise to all fans and supporters for missing my first event this year but we are having problems getting a clutch which we found was shot after knockhill. But we have our ferry booked for Ireland already. Tony Bardy is working away to iron out our teething problems and some testing is on the cards.
I can confirm we will do the full BRC and Super series in 2007 and the intention is to go to the ERC in 2008 if we get the car running as we want!
ALways check www.madmark.co.uk for latest happenings with the team and ou new discussion board if you need to know anything!
Hi Mark,

Good to see you around these parts again ! Lets hope the car is fully sorted for Mondello.. Will be looking for you later in the week to do a small bit of a write up for rallycross.ie

Old 1 Sep 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1699081)   #25
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark,

Good to see you around these parts again ! Lets hope the car is fully sorted for Mondello.. Will be looking for you later in the week to do a small bit of a write up for rallycross.ie [/QUOTE]

Hi there
No problem anything you need just email off site www.madmark.co.uk.
I hope to get running right by end of year and my two local events a croft which are i have very good support at.
Looking forward to Ireland always love to come and my intention to visit over the winter two at all events
Mark