Old 21 Sep 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1715565)   #1
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty in Pink (may have RACE Spoilers)

http://www.autospectator.com/modules...p?storyid=5890

Now this is something I'm certainly proud to put up here!!!!! Bravo Katherine Legge!
My girls and I will be honoured to watch this weekend for these efforts in support of such a worthy cause - and I'm proudly going to make my very first internet purchases for a few Christmas presents in support of these efforts! I'm completely impressed!
Old 21 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1715621)   #2
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good post Okeefe, nice to hear from you again.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1715640)   #3
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thanks Mr. Normal - we're even on the same side on this one!
I'm really pleased to see her doing this. Women in and outside of the sport will benefit by these types of actions and press coverage by her, and I'm sure proud to noise it around even more!
Old 21 Sep 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1715659)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes,certainly a worthy cause.and will add colour to sundays race.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1715664)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to see racing used for a Good Cause.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 03:33 (Ref:1716028)   #6
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one word came to my mind on reading that article.... BRAVO!
Old 23 Sep 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1717222)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, I fobbed this livery off in the race thread, hadn't realised it was for a good cause!

Excellent stuff!

Didn't Ganassi do a similar thing in the IRL season ender last season?
Old 23 Sep 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1717225)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Ah, I fobbed this livery off in the race thread, hadn't realised it was for a good cause!

Excellent stuff!

Didn't Ganassi do a similar thing in the IRL season ender last season?
Year before. You're getting old. Pink IRL & NASCAR cars...but they were deeply pink - not this really pale pink. Good cause agreed, nice colour for a car - no! Still, it's the cause that counts not the aesthetics.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1717890)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
perhaps .. lucky in pink is a better slogan .. i was scared .. really scared

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Sep 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1717892)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so do PKV have another Chassis for katherine to finish the year out with ?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1717985)   #11
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy Cow.. I thought we'd lost her then.. fantastic to hear she was giving the thumbs up! phew, I can start breathing again.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1717988)   #12
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is only thing that could be a problem if she races a pink car.

Say if she has a little accident, resulting in pink bits (of carbon fibre ) being spread across the track.

I know if this happened at Surfers Paradise, there would be a good couple of thousand guys around the track very eager to help clean up the pink bits of Katherine Legge.. (should she have an accident that is... )
Old 25 Sep 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1718180)   #13
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was some crash. For a while I was really concerned by the sheer force of the impact and the hight the tub reached during the roll. Really good news that the girl is OK and a tribute to modern racing car designers and builders.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1719332)   #14
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I love about Katherine - when she crashes, she CRASHES!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1719549)   #15
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen taped race - made me move to PC dam quick to check out the results. Have to say was expecting something dire. Well done to Katharine for getting more coverage for her sponsors and showing how strong those cars are. Looking forward to the next race hopefully she can be spectacular on track to, she was doing so well up until then.

Have to say it first time I know of this year the BBC has covered CART! It can't hurt the series and the cancer awareness. But Katharine, just win the next one it's alot cheaper and not so scary!

Do you think they might auction the bits of car off now it's been seperated into it's original parts?! :-)

Last edited by Phoenix1; 25 Sep 2006 at 18:34.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1720442)   #16
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, they said on the US feed that she would autograph as many parts as they could find for the auction. Apparently they discovered a radiator 25 feet into the trees after the race.

keke
Old 26 Sep 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1720545)   #17
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news. Got a link to that and any idea when/where? Be nice if some where online if not all.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1720633)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
Yep, they said on the US feed that she would autograph as many parts as they could find for the auction. Apparently they discovered a radiator 25 feet into the trees after the race.

keke
Flippin' eck. Lucky there was no spectators near by and just forests.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1720638)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I actually think that is not that far considering!

But yes, lucky there were no spectators. Someone obviously was being sensible when they thought that spectators should not be outside The Kink!
Old 27 Sep 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1721405)   #20
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I actually think that is not that far considering!

But yes, lucky there were no spectators. Someone obviously was being sensible when they thought that spectators should not be outside The Kink!
The density of the trees stop anything from flying far, but don't forget to consider the height necessary to clear the fence.

Every once in a while, a lost spectator appears out of the woods there but, yes, I am very grateful fans cannot congregate at the kink.