Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 20 Sep 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1714665)   #1
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Eligibility scrutineers on here?

Is anyone on here an eligibility scrutineer? I have some questions regarding what I would call 'grey areas' in the blue book.

Please PM me if you are, I would really like to hear from one or two.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1714853)   #2
scrutineer
Racer

scrutineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have grey areas post them on here, if you are having trouble working it out then many others may do as well. And im sure that between eveyone we will come up with the answer if not then we might be able to point you to someone who can.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1715027)   #3
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Also, keep in mind a couple of things. First, some "grey areas" in one section of the Blue Book are made clear by other sections, so it may just be a case of asking for clarification from people who know it really well. Second, be careful not to try and "interpret" grey areas too much to your advantage. If you do, it's virtually guaranteed that sooner or later (usually sooner) you'll get to a track and the scrutineer on duty will find that your "interpretation" isn't in line with their own.... and you can guess who will win the argument. So do post your questions, we all like a good discussion about what is and isn't allowed.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1715036)   #4
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie G
Is anyone on here an eligibility scrutineer? I have some questions regarding what I would call 'grey areas' in the blue book.

Please PM me if you are, I would really like to hear from one or two.
Doesn't the Blue Book just cover safety issues, procedures etc and not eligibility?
Old 20 Sep 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1715049)   #5
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I seem to remember quite a bit of technical stuff in mine.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1715052)   #6
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38
I seem to remember quite a bit of technical stuff in mine.
You read it !!??

But does it cover eligibility? Won't that be covered in the regulations for whatever race series Jamie G will be entering?
Old 21 Sep 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1715228)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It does (or used to) if you are running some long gone modified saloon championship, is that still in there I hav'nt looked?
Old 21 Sep 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1715242)   #8
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Try having a scan though Section E - subsection 12 - Common technical regs, and (for circuit car racing) Section J subsection C - Common technical regs for Car Racing. These two sections cover all the basic stuff about vehicle structure and equipment except for the specifically safety related stuff in Section Q. Stuff like enclosed cars having to have an operating demist system, or forced induction cars having to have a Coefficient of 1.7:1 unless otherwise stated in series regs. There's lots more, honest. And yes I read them before I built my car... but that was a while ago now.

I'm assuming here that Jamie is asking about particular parts of a car and its design, not if he can enter an ex F1 car in a hot hatch series!
Old 21 Sep 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1715448)   #9
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem sorted now, thanks to my local eligibility scrutineer.

But for those of you wondering, the eligibility I was referring to was under the hillclimb regs L12.5 and the use of aftermarket engines.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1715654)   #10
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie G
the eligibility I was referring to was under the hillclimb regs L12.5 and the use of aftermarket engines.
Oh dear! What a can of worms Modprod in speed events is....
Try asking the MSA how many vehicle types they have approved under the GR that allows those not built in quantities of 100 in 12 months (with the same block under L.12.5.) to compete. If you get an answer, we'd all like to know....