Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Sep 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1710146)   #1
CARacer
Rookie

United States
Los Angeles, California
CARacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsorship Scam....Drivers & Teams Beware!!!

Last year, our Team and other Teams I know of were contacted through email by these people offering to become a multi-year primary sponsor. We asked them repeatedly through many emails on what exactly they expected from their sponsorship, but they never gave us an answer except that it was for tax write-off purposes and wanted us to fly to Milan, Italy to close the deal.

It was very tempting, but sounded too good to be true. We decided not to waste our time to fly out to Milan, but we know of some others who did and it did not turn out as they expected. It turned out to be exactly as this article says. This is the first time it has been publicized from a credible source, so I thought I would share this with others, so no other driver or team would be victimized.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17450.html
Old 14 Sep 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1710374)   #2
old-timer
Rookie

old-timer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had the same people contact us, Avanti Dimonds ? or somthing like that it was a total con all beware!!!
Old 15 Sep 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1710824)   #3
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARacer
It was very tempting, but sounded too good to be true.
Ah, that old chestnut...

As they say in all consumer programmes; if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

I don't suppose this other team has found its bank account full of millions of dollars, as a tax avoidance deal, after being left by a dead millionaire, thereby earning a handsome fee, just for handling it?

If not, I have several email correspondents who would like their email address.

And if any members of the team are feeling less-than-suitably endowed, I can direct them to correspondents who will ensure that no woman will ever forget them...

It often amazes me that some people remain in business year after year, when many in the paddock know their reputations... every year with a new job, or new sponsors, or new drivers; that sort of thing...

I guess there really IS one born every minute