Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1849329)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh Gerhard -- Ye had us fooled

Although Gerhard gave the impression that Speed's lack of commitment was due to too his own fault -- too much partying etc. -- Now it looks like the reason was actually be because Gerhard wants Scott's signature on a longer contract than Scott wants to give --- Although this absolutely would qualify for "lack of commitment" if true, it sure is a different reason than we were led to believe -- here's the link

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...22110159.shtml
Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1849340)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speed is bound to get the nod. He's even going to be in the Red Bull movie, and apparantly testing in Bahrain as well.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1849355)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Berger likes to play boss, and Speed likes to play bad boy. If only they were in for challenging the championship.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:01 (Ref:1849533)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Bunch of complete baloney if you ask me..
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:15 (Ref:1849537)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a shame that this has dragged on for so long, the sooner Speed is signed the sooner we can look at more important issues like the races that are coming up soon. Still, if I was Berger id ditch speed and buy Bourdais out of his contract.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:21 (Ref:1849542)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really disappointed that little upstart seems to be getting another go.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:29 (Ref:1849548)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
what is it about Scott Speed that some of you guys do not like?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 02:52 (Ref:1849577)   #8
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Probably his nationality. Worldwide perception of Americans isn't that great is it!

I personally like him, it's refreshing to have someone like him in the paddock.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:01 (Ref:1849582)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Silly really don't you think he seems like a nice young chap to me...Always upbeat, interviews well and does not have his nose up in the air...Not good enough though it seems?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:24 (Ref:1849592)   #10
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Probably his nationality. Worldwide perception of Americans isn't that great is it!

I personally like him, it's refreshing to have someone like him in the paddock.
I guess also because people know that RB has deliberatly gone out and said we need an American in F1, this is the best we can get (develop), so he is in. Missing some of the European system makes it seem he is jumping the line compared to guys like Anthony Davison who "should have been there earlier", according to a lot of people. Mind you the Japanese have been doing it for 20 years so maybe it is accepted from them more
Personally, I would do it if I could, so good on him.
He must be pretty confident of moving up the grid if he is knocking back longer term contracts.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1849596)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I believe that F1 needs an American driver, it is good for the sport no?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:39 (Ref:1849602)   #12
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I think so. I think we also need a black guy (got that ticked) a woman, some one who is gay, and someone who is from a genuinely poor background.
THe only one I don't think I will see in my life is the last one
Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:01 (Ref:1849614)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Okay then so we have Lewis, how about a black a woman driver then? I would like to see that, but I like women of colour so anyway.

A gay person well what difference does that make? LOL.. Someone from a genuinely poor background yes I like that idea a lot..
Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:03 (Ref:1849616)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, what a list. Is it so necessary ? I mean what difference it will make in the end of the day ?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:25 (Ref:1849622)   #15
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
what is it about Scott Speed that some of you guys do not like?

I believe its 'attitude without the apptitude' which is Speeds problem or perceived problem. I dont rate him at all.....................
Old 23 Feb 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1849672)   #16
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Okay then so we have Lewis, how about a black a woman driver then? I would like to see that, but I like women of colour so anyway.

A gay person well what difference does that make? LOL.. Someone from a genuinely poor background yes I like that idea a lot..
How about a Lesbian Kalahari Bushwoman? Then we cover all of the bases, as well as getting a driver from Africa?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1849679)   #17
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen a few interviews with Speed and he came accross as immature and arrogant.

I think he is trying to be outspoken and a bit of a rebel. But he fails miserably.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1849692)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
So here's Gerhard's side of the story anyhow.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56863
Old 23 Feb 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1849743)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Someone from a genuinely poor background yes I like that idea a lot..
Been there done that, Rubens Barrichello.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1849854)   #20
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont really thing Scott Speed is the business, i can see the marketing point of view and thats why i think he's got the seat but i really wasn't impressed with him last year.
There are much better driver waiting outside the championship for a chance.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1849953)   #21
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The F1 field is made up of people with personality issues (arogant, aloof, anti-social, egomaniacs). It's funny that one of the guys who has the least amount of personality issues is constantly critisized. Makes sense.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1850040)   #22
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 has had gay drivers including a woman. I know it was years ago but Gilles had very little money and lots of nerve off the track as well as on. Two FIRST mortgages on a mobile home! At Gimli where he won his first Atlantic race he was down to less than $10. The "team", he, Joann, JV, Melanie and his mechanic were travelling and living in a van. Not a camper van, just a van that was also the tow vehicle and an open trailer.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1850154)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
F1 has had gay drivers including a woman. I know it was years ago but Gilles had very little money and lots of nerve off the track as well as on. Two FIRST mortgages on a mobile home! At Gimli where he won his first Atlantic race he was down to less than $10. The "team", he, Joann, JV, Melanie and his mechanic were travelling and living in a van. Not a camper van, just a van that was also the tow vehicle and an open trailer.
Ok... I'm trying to understand that... gay drivers... including a woman...
Old 23 Feb 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1850177)   #24
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Ignore.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 02:33 (Ref:1850259)   #25
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's see how Scott does with a V-8. I was not impressed by the detuned V-10 last year. He might suprise folks.