Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2008356)   #1
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A now for something a little more lighthearted

I saw this on Autosport and thought it was great - a nice bit of news to take away the bad taste of the bulk of the news featured lately, if only for a short while:

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/62077

I didn't realise that MS did this last year. Good on him!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:46 (Ref:2008363)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can say with certainty that this is all Ferrari's fault.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:10 (Ref:2008393)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Nice, I like that.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2008567)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here's something Alonso nearly did last year.Again,it would have been Ferrari's fault.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40619
Old 10 Sep 2007, 15:14 (Ref:2008579)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, I wish he'd had the opportunity to do that, it would have been hilarious.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2008674)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just read that article about Alonso last year, what a legend.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2008702)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fernando!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2008704)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting! However, i would rather believe it coming direct quote from Alonso himself, than another driver "quoting" him and probably add some spice in it to make it quotesworthy. Doubt Alonso would do such a thing though, no matter how furious he is.. he's too smart for that.

Too bad it's revealed too late.. Lewis could have learnt a trick and do just that in Hungary. Perhaps he shared a similar thought after qualifying
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2008705)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*reverts to serious expression*
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2008706)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn, why did the stewards penalize MS.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2008707)   #11
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Allen Is Writing A Book!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:15 (Ref:2008710)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think it is an old book, but updated.

I have the original version I believe. Quite dire really, although he is a better writer than commentator.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2008728)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven't heard him commentate (we have a different commentator here, fortunately), but if he's half as bad as what people say, then it's difficult to write worse... isnt it?
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2008729)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Quote:"Damn, why did the stewards penalize MS."

Hmm.. just wondering.. But if Alonso did lie in front of MS's car... you think MS will just drive over him when the lights go off?

I think MS will

... ... and the only thing that will make MS do otherwise, is if he wants to avoid damaging Ferrari's front wings...
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2008732)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nah, Michael's trajectories off the line would've enabled him to drive around Fernando without any difficulty.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2008734)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by #15 tkm 4/
James Allen Is Writing A Book!
James Allen is writing?!!!!!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2008736)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Has done for many a year.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2008739)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I've never quite had the courage to read one.

I fear it would be utterly vile.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2008741)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Nah, Michael's trajectories off the line would've enabled him to drive around Fernando without any difficulty.
If he can't get his car to go around Rascasse,what makes you think he'd bother to get it around Alonso?
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2008744)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You'd love the Schuey book Dutton. Or maybe not.

It's a tale of one mans unreserved love for the books subject. Although sadly it basically boils down to man-love in the literary form no matter which way you dissect it.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2008748)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowsley
Has done for many a year.
Someone ought to stop him.

SOMEONE OUGHT TO STOP HIM NOW! *goes for lie down*

Has Mark Blundell written a book? If so,I gotta (try) and read that.

Last edited by Marbot; 10 Sep 2007 at 18:57.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2008751)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Anyhow, having derailed this thread (totally my fault) maybe we should return to the non-serious slant.

Sorry, but I had to get that grief of reading that book out of my system. I feel I have avoided the need for psychiatric help now.

All this seriousness is giving me migraines.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2008752)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
You'd love the Schuey book Dutton. Or maybe not.

It's a tale of one mans unreserved love for the books subject. Although sadly it basically boils down to man-love in the literary form no matter which way you dissect it.
Yeah, a sickening pool of sycophancy is rather what I would've expected.

Not quite for me, I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
If he can't get his car to go around Rascasse,what makes you think he'd bother to get it around Alonso?
It would've damaged his car!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2008762)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, but perhaps Ferrari were still using thier flexible floor then, so he could have happily driven over Fernando with no major damage to either.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 21:49 (Ref:2008883)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for something which will spoil the lighthearted tone of the thread only if people let it..!

Do you think Hamilton should have lied down on the grid in front of Alonso´s car before this year´s Hungarian Grand Prix?