Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2024, 08:58 (Ref:4210155)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Anounces Historic Touring Car Legends

I wrote this earlier in the week. It got quite a bit of traction on FB although much of it was about costs/cheating etc. We've been discussing the level of entries at Brands this weekend so what are your thoughts on this?

Caveat: I've raced with HSCC, MRL, Masters and HRDC (although the latter's cars only affect MRL's Tony Dron Trophy) and generally I've found these organisations to be good for competitors.

https://mallettracing.com/2024/05/23...racing-series/

Any thoughts?
Old 24 May 2024, 17:08 (Ref:4210205)   #2
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the answer is to impose an 86 cut off , would this bring out the Rovers and BMW 635's ? Not sure where this puts the M3 .
Peter Auto seem to get healthy grids
Old 24 May 2024, 18:36 (Ref:4210212)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well yes, but that's not what they are doing. The M3 and Sierra Cosworth were post 86.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; Yesterday at 06:48. Reason: Corrected my fat fingers.
Old Yesterday, 06:33 (Ref:4210244)   #4
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Surely this replicating grids that are already out there?

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:47 (Ref:4210246)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think so, but I'll be interested to see what happens. As I said there are lots of pre 1986 Group A cars just not coming out. Ric Wood sponsors the MRL HTC so he's unlikely to want to remove the post 86 cars, so I wonder if a new class structure will be proposed?
Old Yesterday, 10:15 (Ref:4210258)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think so, but I'll be interested to see what happens. As I said there are lots of pre 1986 Group A cars just not coming out. Ric Wood sponsors the MRL HTC so he's unlikely to want to remove the post 86 cars, so I wonder if a new class structure will be proposed?
A suitable class structure is required if all these types or cars are to tun in the same series. Even if it ends up being double figures!

Or serious talks should takr place about one of the series specifically catering for upto 1986 cars and the other for 1987 onwards?

I could see that working although cars like Mark Burton's lovely VLSS Holden Commodore would be better suited to the older era!!

Tags
hrdc, hscc, mrl, touring cars