Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2007, 03:39 (Ref:1850285)   #1
skaife2
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
skaife2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercheap Auto Liveries and Designs (MERGED)

has anyone seen the supercheap livery for 2007. if you have a pic post it.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 04:43 (Ref:1850297)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Please

Much better way to finish a post
Old 24 Feb 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1850358)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaife2
has anyone seen the supercheap livery for 2007. if you have a pic post it.
The hero design is in V8X... meantime the bods at SCAR under Mr Grech are busting their kaffoofle valves trying to get even one VE up and running for the Adelaide meeting for Mr Dumbrell.

The paint will probably still be wet on the car in the paddock

It would not be a surprise if SCAR roll out 2 VZ's for Adelaide... hence the non availability of a chassis for Mr Walden and co..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Feb 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1850478)   #4
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Dumbrell's VE should be finished tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

If im lucky, I may have a few pictures by tomorrow night, depending on if Paul's car is done or Cam's.

Last edited by dumbrell_fan; 24 Feb 2007 at 12:00.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:03 (Ref:1850484)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An untried chassis when the team has no good history of bringing on new cars from build/rebuild to a track that nobody can test on, and is one of the higher speed circuits the series goes to.... and a turn 8 wall that does not forgive poor setup choices....

... sounds like a very risky move to me....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1850517)   #6
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could be some good publicity for the sponsors in replaying the crash, though
Old 26 Feb 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1851596)   #7
barra
Racer

barra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
An untried chassis when the team has no good history of bringing on new cars from build/rebuild to a track that nobody can test on, and is one of the higher speed circuits the series goes to.... and a turn 8 wall that does not forgive poor setup choices....

... sounds like a very risky move to me....
Adding to that a driver who seems to have a magnatism to walls and other cars!!
Old 26 Feb 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1851636)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barra
Adding to that a driver who seems to have a magnatism to walls and other cars!!
I wonder if the said driver has had as many dings as Skaife in the amount of time they have been competing similtaniously.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 01:17 (Ref:1851639)   #9
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
kaffoofle valves

Say, GTR, I thought PWR were intentionally rolling out one VE because they have some magical advantage with the VZ? I guess speculation doesn't always come to fruit.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 01:27 (Ref:1851646)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan

Say, GTR, I thought PWR were intentionally rolling out one VE because they have some magical advantage with the VZ? I guess speculation doesn't always come to fruit.
A VE would have a 'magical advantage' over a PWR VZ... I mean 6 year old chassis with more hits than Elvis, the Beatles and Britney Spears put together would not be where a sponsor might expect to be spending their $4m naming rights funding for the season....

A perfect get out clause for not winning the championship of course... not being able to get two VE's on the grid for the first round.... rather like another squad looking to switch drivers...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Feb 2007, 01:31 (Ref:1851651)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I mean 6 year old chassis with more hits than Elvis, the Beatles and Britney Spears put together
Almost appropriate that you should mention Britney Spears.....with that many hits, turning them back into race cars would almost be like rehab(ilatation) rather than reconstruction
Old 26 Feb 2007, 03:48 (Ref:1851687)   #12
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that HRT and HSV are running VEs with chassis indentifiers WP# 1,2, 3 and 4. The old HRT/HMS chassis numbering has stopped at #54. I assume this means that PWR/SCAR are back to ascribing a PWR# to each new chassis.....
Old 26 Feb 2007, 04:16 (Ref:1851697)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
PWR are up to #6 now arent they?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Feb 2007, 06:30 (Ref:1851738)   #14
skaife2
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
skaife2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Cheap Auto

Cameron McConville will drive a VZ to start the 2007 season.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1851778)   #15
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PWR are up to #6 now arent they?
Yes PWR#AU5 , run by Adam Sharpe last year, was sold to Garry Willmington to turn into a "V8 Giant".
Old 26 Feb 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1851920)   #16
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame that PWR are still having troubles trying to build up their first VE. Hopefully they will have one for the 2nd round.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 05:57 (Ref:1853483)   #17
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm starting to think that Supercheap Autos racing / PWR are about to drop to a "second tier" team (not unlike GRM). Looking at top 10 finishes are achievements, rather than expecting poduims and wins like they could in the Jason Bright era. They replaced Bright with Murphy and still didn't get results. I wouldn't describe Dumbrell or McConville as nearly as good as either of those drivers.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 06:01 (Ref:1853484)   #18
R2J2G
Racer

Australia
Scrambelltown
R2J2G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think they can attribute their poor results to machinery, the cars are over 6 years old, if they can get their VE's right they could do okay, personally i rate both Dumbrell and McConkers...
Old 28 Feb 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1853505)   #19
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaife2
Cameron McConville will drive a VZ to start the 2007 season.
In AA there's a pic of the SCAR VZ with #20 and Dumbrell's name on it so it looks like McConville is getting the VE unless both will be in VZ's this weekend.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1853561)   #20
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope. Report from Clipsal today (by your truly)- PD has car #20, the VE, McConkers has the VZ #50. If you ask me, I reckon Cam should've got the VE- unless he's still not the #1 driver?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:12 (Ref:1853562)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Jack Perkins is scheduled to run a VZ too isnt he?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1853567)   #22
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I swear I saw two VEs there today... I'll have another look tomorrow.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:33 (Ref:1853580)   #23
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tasman claim to be one of just three holden teams to be running 2 VE's, so that should further point to a VZ for JDR.

Surprised the fact that SCAR have taken their engines in-house for 2007 onwards hasn't recieved more talk.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1853629)   #24
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie
Surprised the fact that SCAR have taken their engines in-house for 2007 onwards hasn't recieved more talk.
After last season, I'm almost surprised!!
Old 28 Feb 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1853682)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie
Tasman claim to be one of just three holden teams to be running 2 VE's, so that should further point to a VZ for JDR.
I don't think they are getting the credit due to them for this either. It was huge effort by such a small team to achieve it.