Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1549409)   #1
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GB Rally X

Take a look at Rallycross UK and then take a look at the regs and entry forms. six different entry fees for different class racers and also have a tv fund. For Supercars it is £280 (£250 + £30) which is mroe expensive than the RSS. And the RSS have prize money!

Then in the regs it says "This event May be televised" - adn they still charge a television fund. Also how can this happen if they dont announce what tv station it is going on. What a wham bam mess.

For Pembrey the Irish drivers dont need to pay for television and get entrys for 170 Euros. What is going to happen here??? Possibly blank out the cars on tv that race with the British cars as the racing is together??? Also Briggs, Carnegie etc are registed for the Irish champs so theyt only need to pay 170 Euros. If that isnt enoughm, if there is tv then all classes will be shown including BTRDA which means not a lot of coverage for anyone.

Looks like it is more expensive for us stock hatch racers. ANglesey on April 9th is the much better option with guarenteed bees knees tv.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1549427)   #2
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My dad's better than your dad................................
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1549430)   #3
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittymaki
Take a look at Rallycross UK and then take a look at the regs and entry forms. six different entry fees for different class racers and also have a tv fund. For Supercars it is £280 (£250 + £30) which is mroe expensive than the RSS.
For Supercars it's 30 pounds more expensive, but in turn they are allowed to register up to ten days beforehand and late entries are much cheaper than at the RSS
Quote:
And the RSS have prize money!
Only for the top 3 of divisision 1. And only if there are 8 or more cars, which wasn't the case in Croft.

Quote:
Then in the regs it says "This event May be televised" - adn they still charge a television fund. Also how can this happen if they dont announce what tv station it is going on. What a wham bam mess.
Let's wait and see.

Quote:
For Pembrey the Irish drivers dont need to pay for television and get entrys for 170 Euros. What is going to happen here??? Possibly blank out the cars on tv that race with the British cars as the racing is together??? Also Briggs, Carnegie etc are registed for the Irish champs so theyt only need to pay 170 Euros. If that isnt enoughm, if there is tv then all classes will be shown including BTRDA which means not a lot of coverage for anyone.
Why would they need to blank out drivers who entered as Irish? The most important thing is that Rallycross is shown not that a particular driver is shown right? Which driver particulary needs television coverage for their sponsorship anyway?

Quote:
Looks like it is more expensive for us stock hatch racers. ANglesey on April 9th is the much better option with guarenteed bees knees tv.
It looks actually cheaper for stockhatch racers in the BRC or what am I missing?
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1549435)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!

blah blah this series is better blah blah blah that series is rubbish blah blah blah. Wake me up when there's something new going on.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1549440)   #5
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2

blah blah this series is better blah blah blah that series is rubbish blah blah blah. Wake me up when there's something new going on.
That will be a long sleep I fear
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1549482)   #6
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Nittymaki, do you realise that all your spinning and posting is doing more to put people off the RSS than anything else. This is really sad because I applaud what the RPL boys are trying to do.
In an earlier post you asked a poster why he was always negative about the RSS, I asked you why you were always negative obout the BRDA. You did not answer that question, yet here you are being negative again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittymaki
I see you are a Stochhatch driver were you racing at Croft? Unfortunately I can not make Anglesey but if you drop me a PM I would love to meet up at the RSS meeting at Lydden, which could be my first meeting this year.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1549519)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am afraid all this nonsense is seriously turning me off a sport I've followed since the 70s. For the first time in many years I'm lucky enough to have some spare time and cash to get actively involved as a competitor - but now I'm thinking - is it worth it? Most people I've met in the sport are incredibly friendly and enthusiastic - yet some organisers or their supporters seem hell bent on vendettas and settling scores.

Neither series has exactly achieved global domination (!) but both are run by people who put in a lot of time, effort and cash to allow others to go racing. Everyone's free to moan (we all do!) but a little bit of mutual respect wouldn't go amiss.

Just think how this childish bickering looks to outsiders, the MSA, track owners, tv bosses, sponsors and potential new recruits - all the people we are trying to impress.

In the end most people do this because its fun - and if there's a bad atmosphere around its not fun anymore.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1549548)   #8
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
I am afraid all this nonsense is seriously turning me off a sport I've followed since the 70s. For the first time in many years I'm lucky enough to have some spare time and cash to get actively involved as a competitor - but now I'm thinking - is it worth it? Most people I've met in the sport are incredibly friendly and enthusiastic - yet some organisers or their supporters seem hell bent on vendettas and settling scores.

Neither series has exactly achieved global domination (!) but both are run by people who put in a lot of time, effort and cash to allow others to go racing. Everyone's free to moan (we all do!) but a little bit of mutual respect wouldn't go amiss.

Just think how this childish bickering looks to outsiders, the MSA, track owners, tv bosses, sponsors and potential new recruits - all the people we are trying to impress.

In the end most people do this because its fun - and if there's a bad atmosphere around its not fun anymore.

Totally agree with the last sentence!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1549585)   #9
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
Silver that has to my favorite smiley so far
Old 15 Mar 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1549706)   #10
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet

Nittymaki, do you realise that all your spinning and posting is doing more to put people off the RSS than anything else. This is really sad because I applaud what the RPL boys are trying to do.
In an earlier post you asked a poster why he was always negative about the RSS, I asked you why you were always negative obout the BRDA. You did not answer that question, yet here you are being negative again.

I see you are a Stochhatch driver were you racing at Croft? Unfortunately I can not make Anglesey but if you drop me a PM I would love to meet up at the RSS meeting at Lydden, which could be my first meeting this year.
100% agree with you mate!

Nitty tbh mate will you ever stop being so bloody negative and put out something positive to say i feel so depressed after reading your posts!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 15 Mar 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1549762)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to admit I agree with many of the posts here, but really its no ones fault but the people who wont just sit around and sort things out for onvce and for all
I applaud anyone for getting off their arse and trying to do something different and that is what RSS have done, trouble is through either self preservation or downright "we are better than you" ness! the other championship has just refused to come to the table and try and so something.

For me the RSS guys seem to have their fingers more on the pulse, so why not try and get thier ideas in the RAC champoinship and give the guys responsible some credit somehow for getting foreign drivers to come over and for getting the tv deal sorted. Why does it have to be split, surely anyone with any sense can see its doing more harm than good coz the drivers are being spread across a bigger piece of toast than before!

Rallycross isnt growing, it is a minority sport in every way. I dont think it justifies two series, but then again I also dont think that people with new ideas should basically be forced to set up their own seris to show what else can be done!

You wanna try being involved in UK stock car racing, and you thouhg RSS and BRDA was bad, you dont know the half of it! And we get over a thousand people to every meeting every weekend of the year, usually more!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 23:41 (Ref:1549928)   #12
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nikky I cannot belive you, you once had a go at me for being critical of the RSS. Give the BRDA a break.

Do you know why many supermod drivers (well, ones I know anyway) wen't at croft? because the BTRDA/BRDA is cheaper, AND you can aim for the championship.

I know there are Pro's and Con's to both series, but last year I supported both as funds would allow. What race number in stockhatch are you mate? Don't think you've been at many events recentally?