Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Sep 2007, 06:41 (Ref:2001195)   #1
FD007
Rookie

FD007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari F430GT2 development curve?

Hello,

F430 GT2 is topping the qualy and race in ALMS

Just wonder how the F430 GT2 development curve proceeds, since the start of the ALMS 2007 season?

Take Care,
Frank
Old 2 Sep 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2001869)   #2
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking lonely here on your own 007 so here is a starter for 10 as they say,

I talked to a driver recently and asked where he would like to see the 430 improved, apart from the usual "more power" request he said that the car was more skittish in the wet than the Porsche which confirmed what was fairly obvious from a few races recently
Old 2 Sep 2007, 14:13 (Ref:2001871)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dlike to know what makes the 430 more expensive to run over a 997 ?
Old 2 Sep 2007, 15:42 (Ref:2001891)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Development at this stage seems somewhat unlikely. With the FIA giving these cars just 08' to run, and the ACO will probably follow along, they are quickly on their way to becoming museum pieces, and historic racing autos.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 13:09 (Ref:2004270)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OFF-TOPIC: These kinds of rules changes make all the GA fanboy's voices come back into my head...

Back on-topic: With the possibility of a rules change making these cars illegal will Porsche see fit to at least try to make their 997 competitive with the 430? And secondly, what are the chances that IMSA puts its foot down and tells the ACO to bugger off and let teams run the current generation of cars?

Chris
Old 5 Sep 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2004450)   #6
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's wait to make sure the ACO doesn't tell the FIA to screw off before we start worrying about whether IMSA will tell the ACO to screw off. The problem if only IMSA is running the old GT2 cars is new chassis - even for existing teams. In a situation where the team wrecks a car (eg. FL this race) a replacement tub must be sourced. That has happened to P/WL this year too! With no steady market, the manufacturers wouldn't be making many, or any, of those chassis anymore.

I kind of wonder whether the ACO will cave to the FIA though. If Ferrari and Porsche see collectors and national series (plus Intl GT Open) as a good market for selling the most cars, then the LMS and those more local series might do well to stick with the current rules (assuming Ferrari and Porsche are happy with them).
Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2004485)   #7
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True. I was hoping that all the European teams, disgruntled with having to change chassis (again) would come over to America to run, perhaps keeping this class alive.

Chris
Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2004504)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a hunch that paying for an American base and logistics plus finding funded pilots interested in the ALMS would probably exceed the cost of a new chassis. I bet they'd be more likely to run the cars in something more like Intl GT Open for paying drivers.