3 1 1.82%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3237387)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Bahrain GP

Rate the race.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3237411)   #2
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Earlier in, it was looking like it was going to be uneventful, but in time things got a lot more interesting. Perez was entertaining, some aggressive driving on the part of several folks, Alonso and Hamilton working to salvage bad weekends, and a battle between Hamilton, Webber, Alonso, and Perez (if I got the right combination) toward the end.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3237425)   #3
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 ..same old same old ... sort the tyres and let them race ..
Old 21 Apr 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3237434)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Surprisingly enjoyable several real battles and close racing apart form at the frount
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3237450)   #5
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
3 ..same old same old ... sort the tyres and let them race ..
Tyres have always been an issue in F1 one though - it's part of the racing. And I found the racing excellent today and really enjoyed it.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3237458)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The battling was immense so worth a 9 this once in my eyes then.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3237462)   #7
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
enjoyable because there was a lot of real racing going on down the field, saw some really good aggressive, but not over-aggressive driving. The top 2 achieved their results almost under the radar though.

I found the BBC highlights shorter and more obviously cut than in the past, at times slightly confusing even.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3237472)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

Much, much better than last week.

This goes to show that DRS/Pirelli tyres can work a treat, as long as they get both elements right.

I'd say they could have reduced the start/finish DRS zone a little more, but that's nit-picking.

Drivers had tyres they could defend on (see Rosberg!).

Very entertaining, some proper racing.

Selby
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3237475)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yet again, worse race EVER.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3237484)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8, the race was a bit boring at the front of the field with Vettel clearly in control. Behind Vettel though there were great battles throughout the race, would have been a 10 for me if not for Vettel dominating.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3237490)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was some good close racing due to all those tyre stops, which didn't really let the field spread out and become a procession. A nice change from last weeks race. Pity about Alonso and his DRSless Ferrari, as he was on the pace and managed to salvage 8th. 7
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3237497)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoyed it.

Shame Vettel escaped the issues that afflicted so many others.

Would have liked to see PDR on the podium but good to see Grosjean put in a good showing.

For the wheel-banging action and plenty of overtakes, I'll give that one an 8.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3237527)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Rated it 6.......its odd....I suppose with all the close battles it should rate higher, but it just didn't grip me...maybe it was just that I only saw the BBC highlights, but the messed up grid because of penalties, the Ferrari DRS and tyre problems and the way Vettel could apparently stroll it all combined to leave me less than excited......
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3237536)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 - Great action through the pack. Its a shame that Vettel did not have to work a bit harded for his win.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3237537)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6, Average at best.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3237543)   #16
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
I though it was a very entertaining race. I hate Vettel but he did drive well before he cleared off in the dominant car. I was hoping he'd have a car problem of some sort but it's the other Red Bull that has the problems for some reason.

Behind Vettel though, there was some feisty stuff. It didn't seem to me to be a race of drivers cruising round nursing tyres, well ok, maybe Kimi did.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3237544)   #17
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I actually stayed awake. Decent race with lots of good clean fighting for position.

This grid penalty thing though !!! It wouldn't exist if the "series" wasn't so controlled - back when the WDC was individual races organised by the host clubs. Arghhh! Surely we can find the paltry amount required to buy it back from CVC ? Everyone knows that motor-racing fans are made of money.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3237545)   #18
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
6, Average at best.

????

I bet you hated Christmas as a kid.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3237548)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

What is Christmas ?
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3237579)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
What is Christmas ?
It's a bit like Thanks Giving; people eat turkey but Santa Claus is involved.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3237590)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was clearly entertaining in a way, with some standout battles. However, again, I find myself questioning the validity of it at times. DRS was way too strong, tyres again a bit daft with cars dropping down the field for the crime of running a lap longer than the cars behind them.

A 6 from me.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3237605)   #22
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best race of the year so far, 8

External factor influenced everyone out side the top three, with un-natural racing, but entertaining
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3237620)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Great race. 8
Old 22 Apr 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3237647)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1 point for every Ferrari pit stop. 8
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3237657)   #25
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was quite an entertaining race. 8.