Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Apr 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2672304)   #1
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kasey Kahne To Hendrick Motorsports

ESPN is saying that Kasey Kahne will be signing a multi-year agreement with Hendrick Motorsports in 2011. Sources close to the negotiations confirmed it to ESPN.

The details of the deal are being finalized. Many are saying he will take over the #5 car currently driven by Mark Martin. It is also unknown if Budweiser, Kahne's sponsor will follow him.

If this happens it is big. I am also kind of suprised. I figured they were prepping the #5 car for Danica and changing the number to 7.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2672319)   #2
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Kahne fan and I am absolutely blown away by this, and it is confirmed that he will not return to RPM next year.

http://www.pettyracing.com/main.cfm?...rticleId=11965

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2672327)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
ESPN is saying that Kasey Kahne will be signing a multi-year agreement with Hendrick Motorsports in 2011. Sources close to the negotiations confirmed it to ESPN.

The details of the deal are being finalized. Many are saying he will take over the #5 car currently driven by Mark Martin. It is also unknown if Budweiser, Kahne's sponsor will follow him.

If this happens it is big. I am also kind of suprised. I figured they were prepping the #5 car for Danica and changing the number to 7.
and just for good measure

Giving Danica the #5 car would be a bigger waste of a car than giving Junior the #88
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 13 Apr 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2672338)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
take Kahne outta the 9 car? gotta put Awesome Bill back in, then.

surprising, yes, but a good move for Kasey, if true.
i thought Mark Martin was locked in at HMS until the end of 2011?
Old 13 Apr 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2672339)   #5
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
take Kahne outta the 9 car? gotta put Awesome Bill back in, then.

surprising, yes, but a good move for Kasey, if true.
i thought Mark Martin was locked in at HMS until the end of 2011?
Stewart-Hass might be Kahne's home for at least 2011, then he may move to Hendrick for 2012. Or Hendrick may just move Martin to a third Stewart-Haas entry.

MANY questions are to be answered, and it's rumored that Budweiser WILL stay with Kahne.

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2672363)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Old 13 Apr 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2672372)   #7
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
na. Dale Jr. to JR Motorsports.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 01:19 (Ref:2672402)   #8
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I really wish that I was the one to report this. At least I would not have slipped up and mentioned a certain driver yet again.

Back on topic. You can be almost assured that Hendrick WILL bring the #25 back for Kahne and sponsor Budweiser, but will be run by SHR.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2673316)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good choice by both Hendrick and Kahne.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2673437)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan
It is big news, and something of a surprise certainly. A good move for Hendrick, though (Kasey is a thoroughly good driver, IMO).

However, I have to ask what on Earth made you think the team would be intending on plopping Danica into the 5 team? I appreciate you suffer from a bit of a reality disconnect when it comes to Danica, but this I think has to be the biggest dellusion I have seen yet!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2673580)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
.... but this I think has to be the biggest dellusion I have seen yet!

that's a bold statement!
Old 17 Apr 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2674537)   #12
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Looks like Stewart will field a 3rd car next year. There's no other way for Kahne to come over to Hendrick. I'm guessing the Number will be the 4 or 25.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2674964)   #13
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've read that Budweiser won't be going with Kahne, actually, though no official word as far as I know. That could mean the end of their involvement in the sport, or perhaps they'll move to someone else (fun fact: Montoya has been sponsored by Budweiser in CART/Indy and in Formula 1, though not in a major capacity in either...perhaps it's time for them to move to the 42 :P).

If Bud don't go, I doubt Kahne will have any problems getting sponsors, though. There are a lot floating around at SHR and I've been told Bass Pro Shops still want to move over to Newman, so that would enable some sponsors to be shifted to a third car.

Another point of interest is that Martin does not plan to retire. I wonder where he'd go? I think all of Roush Fenway's drivers are in a contract year in 2011, so perhaps Martin will return, maybe even part-time with one of their struggling Nationwide youngsters (as he did with Almirola).
Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2675976)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
during the Texas race broadcast, it was said the Kahne "may" take over the 5 in 2012 as Mark Martin IS locked in until the end of 2011. still uncertain on Kahne's (and Bud's) fate for 2011.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2676839)   #15
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
"Budweiser to MWR? Michael Waltrip Racing's Ty Norris was entertaining representatives from Budweiser this weekend at Texas. Norris has a history with Budweiser dating back to his Dale Earnhardt Inc. days when Budweiser was sponsoring the #8 Chevy. With Kasey Kahne parting ways wih Richard Petty Motorsports at the end of the season, it's likely that Budweiser will be entertaining offers.(FoxSports)(4-20-2010)"

What????
Old 28 Apr 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2680947)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Michael Waltrip does seem to be a bit of a genius with sponsors. The organisation appears to be taking steps forward, so presumably the level of disproportionate sponsorship he can attain will increase in potential.

If it was an organisation of similar levels other than MWR, then I would call it a hands down nonsense that Bud would look to swap to them. However, it is MWR we are talking about. I don't know what it is that he has, but Michael just seems to convince sponsors that it is a good idea.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2680970)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According Jayski Bud is talking to Hendrick
Old 28 Apr 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2680980)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Bud moving to Hendrick with Kahne would be the apparently logical move. You never know, though: some odd stuff happens sometimes.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2680990)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Bud moving to Hendrick with Kahne would be the apparently logical move. You never know, though: some odd stuff happens sometimes.
Junior back in the Budweiser car. But serious, I assume they will continue to sponsor Kahne.